KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Page to Screen

Page to Screen
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

what's that about?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 12:51 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Errrrr......it's difficult to explain. It's a lot like Lord of the Rings. You should just read them, although there's over 100 books by over 30 authors. It's worth it, though big grin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 05:40 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

glory...dragonlance is hella long! what's the first book called and what's it about?

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 02:11 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

i like books that go on for ever if there good you never want them to end

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:00 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

which series are there that are like that kitty?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:10 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

well the vampire chronicles for one..though they kinda of ran them selves into the ground.
The narnia chronicles arnt long enough or lotr's!
though nothing touchs lord soths numbers..I might have to try them

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:18 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

do you want to see the other vampire chronicles made into movies? also, what about naria?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:20 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

Id like to see lestat done the right way...queen of the damned was so disapointing sad

and the lion,the witch, and the wardrobe is suppost to be made very soon..I cant wait!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:42 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

who should play lestat this time?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 03:59 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

well I wish the interview with a vampire cast could come back...tom cruise was awesome...christian bale would be a nice choice..hubba hubba

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 04:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

christian is going to be batman. what do you think of that?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:05 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

I think thats great..i wondered where the heck he has been all this time..do you know who the villains are going to be in the batman movie?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:55 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

click on the link in my siggy that says "batman intimidation". i post news from shh in there.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 05:57 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
glory...dragonlance is hella long! what's the first book called and what's it about?
Well, the first book written was Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and it sort of sets off the Saga, it's followed by Dragons of Winter Night and Dragons of Spring Dawning which then branches off to sever different other trilogies and series, it's quite spectacular. Anyway, i'll just copy down the back of Dragons of Autumn Twilight:

Lifelong friends, they went their separate ways. Now they are together again, though each holds secrets from the others in his heart. They speak of a world shadowed with rumors of war. They speak of tales of strange monsters, creatures of myth, creatures of legend. They do not speak of their secrets. Not then. Not until a chance encounter with a beautiful sorrowful woman, who bears a magical crystal staff, draws the companions deeper into the shadows, forever changing their lives and shaping the fate of the world.

No one expected them to be heroes

Least of all, themselves

Awesome, huh? There are two different series set before this, called the Preludes Series (the tales of these aforementioned 'secrets') and The Meetings Sextet (the tales of how these lifelong friends met in the first place). But read this first, it's a kick-@$$ story

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:09 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
click on the link in my siggy that says "batman intimidation". i post news from shh in there.
wow this is really cool!
quote:
christian bale - batman
michael caine - alfred
judson caspian - viggo mortensen
cilian murphy - harvey dent
katie holmes - rachael caspian
chris cooper - gordon
elle fanning - barbara
noah emmerich - (unknown)

thanks BOPRecruit 16!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:13 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Just for good measure, Here's a pic of the cover

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:17 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

kitty: no prob! ^.^ i'm so excited that viggo is going to be in the movie! eek!

soth: gosh! so much to read! makes my head spin! eek! laughing i'll check it out sometime. if i make it to a bookstore over the break, then i'll see if i can find it.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:17 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
kitty: no prob! ^.^ i'm so excited that viggo is going to be in the movie! eek!

soth: gosh! so much to read! makes my head spin! eek! laughing i'll check it out sometime. if i make it to a bookstore over the break, then i'll see if i can find it.
bale and viggo *faints*

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 06:27 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

viggo looks charming, but i don't think he's fine.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 02:50 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

He would make a great Ra's al Ghu'l, though

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 04:31 AM