KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?

whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Gatsby boring?

Madness.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 01:17 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 01:28 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zeldaboyz
wow mad how nice of ya to judge that quickly, dont u understand whole point this thread is, whats the worst book you ever attempted to read, well its whole point, i told everyone what i think of that book, yea its worst one, and i aint lowest person, i own over 400 books, i treasure all of them, that book is worst one, it better be off from my collection... i even have other worst book, i havent read it yet but yes i have watch that movie, its interesting, but someone told me its worst book, i dont know, its called Lord of the Flies, i watch that movie, i pitied that Ralph.... proletarian i look up in dictionary, it means lowest citzien who serve for state... whatever its in Roman Empire... we all are in Freedom Time, its my words, thank you for judging.... no need to judging, other worst book i have read is Lord of the Rings.... i almost sleep on that one....
Bwahahahahahaha

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 10:41 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkinpark200

Lord of The Rings was just awful.It was so hard to get into i stoped at chapter 5.You know what the characters kept on doing?They walked,they walk some more,more walking,more walking, mad. You get my point.
Plain out it was just boring.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 05:48 PM
Linkinpark200 is currently offline Click here to Send Linkinpark200 a Private Message Find more posts by Linkinpark200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

a mix between frankenstein, the pearl, the red pony, the red badge of courage and o pioneers.....sooooooooooooo horrible and booooooooooooooring

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 12:02 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Selphie
Heeeh.

The Artemis Fowl books. My Dad got me one while I was growin' up, and I tried reading it, but I just didn't like it. So I just kind of hid it on my shelf, and he kept buying me more of the series! I didn't want to tell him I hated it.......so I just dealt with him giving me those books.....

laughing out loud @ this.

I used to read those books when I Was younger as well.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 08:41 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Tale of Two Cities. I just can't read Dickens.

Last edited by AbnormalButSane on Mar 10th, 2008 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 03:15 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I struggle with Dickens as well.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 02:23 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Linkinpark200
Lord of The Rings was just awful.It was so hard to get into i stoped at chapter 5.You know what the characters kept on doing?They walked,they walk some more,more walking,more walking, mad. You get my point.

I've heard people say the same about War and Peace. I called them idiots, and now I'm calling you an idiot, idiot.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 01:26 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

I am not sure what was the very worst, but Anne McCaffrey's Damia has to be up there. It wasn't good, but it wouldn't have earned a spot on the Worst Books Ever list if she hadn't had the bizarre subplot where the main character ends up getting with her uncle. What the hell is that?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 09:51 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jim Colyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have never been able to read Gone with the Wind although I am sure it is a good book.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 02:33 AM
Jim Colyer is currently offline Click here to Send Jim Colyer a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Colyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

The one book I never liked reading was Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

I can't believe someone thought The Great Gatsby was boring. That book is fantastic.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:15 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Vanity Fair, because of the setting

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:46 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Linkinpark200
Must be awesome to have no original thought. Kevin Smith is funny though.

Old Post May 8th, 2008 02:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafpelt
Restricted

Account Restricted

totally the worst book ever is the cronicales of narnia series

SO LETS PARTY!!!!!!!

*Leafpelt*

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:01 PM
Leafpelt is currently offline Click here to Send Leafpelt a Private Message Find more posts by Leafpelt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

Hmm...the worse book I've ever attempted to read? I'd have to say Certifiably Insane by Arthur Bahr.

I picked it up in my school library and trust me, it's not the type of book you'd expect to find in a school library. It's not absoloutely horrible- I like the plot, everything is interesting but..just the type of stuff in there; horrible.

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post May 25th, 2008 02:57 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillybanana

Dr Zhivago.

I'm not saying this is a bad book by any means, I just couldn't get into it.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 11:03 AM
chillybanana is currently offline Find more posts by chillybanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Other than trash novels...,
war and peace or uncle toms cabin

Old Post May 31st, 2008 09:45 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I struggle with Dickens as well.

I didn't care for Great Expectations either. It was boring and I didn't care for the main character. I should probably reread it, and maybe I'll like it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 06:46 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by oakling
I am not sure what was the very worst, but Anne McCaffrey's Damia has to be up there. It wasn't good, but it wouldn't have earned a spot on the Worst Books Ever list if she hadn't had the bizarre subplot where the main character ends up getting with her uncle. What the hell is that?

Uncle? They weren't related...

Anyway, I tried reading Dracula but couldn't get into it...and recently I was dared to read Twilight. I got through about a quarter of it before I quit. It's horrid. It's so poorly written and reads like it was done by a high school freshman for their creative writing class.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 05:52 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote