KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?

whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Bible.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 03:24 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
backdoorman
'cause I'm loose

People still read that?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 12:36 PM
backdoorman is currently offline Click here to Send backdoorman a Private Message Find more posts by backdoorman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The Bible.

The Holy ****ing Bible, please.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 08:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

lol to the last 3 posts
priceless

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 07:08 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zampanó
The Blind Critic

I actually liked Uncle Tom's Cabin, but now I'm stalled out in the middle of it. I had trouble getting into A Farewell To Arms, (without a guide/class to focus my reading) and there was one at my school library that I read just so I could be the only kid to have read it: The Caine Mutiny. I struggled all the way through it, but couldn't enjoy it until the final court scene. Another one like that was The Mists of Avalon, which was just a little to feminist for a nine year old.

Whoever didn't like Tolkien because it was 'just walking': way to use the same excuse to marginalize a pillar of modern literature as every other mediocre, self absorbed teen who tries to read the Trilogy before they're ready. Read The Hobbit, take some Lit. classes and come back to it when you've matured a bit.[/fanboy rant]

Edit: No offense. It bothers me when people dislike good books because they tried them before they were capable of understanding them. It almost ruined non-Old Man and the Sea Hemmingway for me, and it scares me when the same thing happens to others.

Last edited by Zampanó on Sep 16th, 2008 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 02:05 AM
Zampanó is currently offline Click here to Send Zampanó a Private Message Find more posts by Zampanó Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Jefferson Bible.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 01:04 PM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

quran, bible, tanakh, the secret, list of relegious apologetic and revisionist literature.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 02:59 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Cirque du Freak
i know its supposed to be good and all, but i couldnt get passed chapter 2 cause it was so boring

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 09:52 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

"Twilight"
"The Virgin's Scaside"(sorry not sure how to spell that word)

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 03:08 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

the catholic bible

Old Post Jul 30th, 2010 04:08 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Old Post Aug 1st, 2010 05:53 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
"Twilight"
"The Virgin's Scaside"(sorry not sure how to spell that word)

It's the Virgin Suicides.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2010 05:55 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yes thank you.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2010 01:59 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AfroMan

State of Fear by Michael Crichton.

And that is the only one.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 07:19 AM
AfroMan is currently offline Click here to Send AfroMan a Private Message Find more posts by AfroMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote