KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?

whats the worst book you ever attempted to read?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

The Winding Path by Irene Polaski
It was absolutly horrid. I hated it. The characters were so wierd! I was about halfway through when I decided to stop reading. I think I would have died if I had to read it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 08:59 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Watership Down. I've tried to read it 4 times now, b/c my mom tells me it's really good. But I always lose interest (and always at the same part, too.....)

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 04:30 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dreamwriter

Goose Chase, I got halfway through the book after a really long while, then it said something aobut a ring or something that they had already recovered. I had no idea as to what they're talking about, so I just gave up.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 04:15 AM
dreamwriter is currently offline Click here to Send dreamwriter a Private Message Find more posts by dreamwriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sc0rchy
El Scorcho

i've got quite a few...

crime and punishment - dostoevsky
tender is the night - fitzgerald
the great gatsby - fitzgerald
the old man and the sea - hemmingway
a wrinkle in time - l'engle (or something like that...)

El Scorcho... AY CARUMBA!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 09:42 PM
Sc0rchy is currently offline Click here to Send Sc0rchy a Private Message Find more posts by Sc0rchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

i'm ashamed of myself. when i was REALLY young, i got the wrinkle in time, cuz it was so popular in my school, after that, i bought the whole series and all of the other boooks by her, so i could understand what my friends were talking about. egad!! they were horrible!!! ugh! almost as bad as a year of wonders, but in a different way. never read them!!! oh, and the books by... what's his name... hold on... lloyd alexander... ugh!!! so bad. really!!! i hated them. also... rebecca. i hated that book. loved the fountainhead, which a lot of people seem to hate, buit hated rebecca. wonder why. but... don't read it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 02:39 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sc0rchy
El Scorcho

yeah, i did that too. i bet if i tried now i'd be able to understand all that math crud she was talkin about though. unfortunately i hafta read brothers k... probably another addition to my list...

El Scorcho... AY CARUMBA!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 07:48 PM
Sc0rchy is currently offline Click here to Send Sc0rchy a Private Message Find more posts by Sc0rchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nilfalathiel
j'aime et j'espere

Heh, it's funny how everybody says they can't get through the Scarlett Letter, because I honestly couldn't get through the first 5 pages. It was the most gawdawful boring book I've ever read (though I suppose I'll have to read it when I get into High School - I'm in 8th grade now) I tried to read it last year since it was just below my reading level.

The thing is, I can usually sit through the first couple chapters without tossing a book, as in the cases of Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte and Crime and Punishment, by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I actually found that I immensely enjoyed both those books (especially Crime and Punishment - don't know why people think it's boring. It's quite deep and interesting if you read farther on ^^)

And about Maya Angelou's book - everybody I know who's read that has loved it, except for my brother. He thought it was the most annoying and bad book he'd ever read. He told me during the summer when he forced me to pick out books I'd read in high school. He shoved me towards the 'Classics' section of Barnes and Noble and I read and liked every book that I bought from there. Strange...

love Min Youm love

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 03:03 AM
Nilfalathiel is currently offline Click here to Send Nilfalathiel a Private Message Find more posts by Nilfalathiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I'm not gonna make any friends here but I cannot get into the lord of the rings. I've been trying to read it all my life and can't get past the birthday party without giving up, bored. One day I will succeed, hopefully.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 12:57 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nilfalathiel
j'aime et j'espere

Heh, one of my best friends is like that. Me being an avid Tolkien fan cannot understand, but will accept that no matter how hard she tries, she will not get past the birthday party either -.-

love Min Youm love

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:46 AM
Nilfalathiel is currently offline Click here to Send Nilfalathiel a Private Message Find more posts by Nilfalathiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

ITS WAY better after the birthday party....that all is kinda draggish......... Did you read the Hobbit? The first chapter was kinda dry...but the rest of the book was great.

As for a book I couldn't stand...I'd have to say Slaughterhouse 5, Catcher and the Rye and Catch 22...I know the last two are favorites to some...but they weren't my kinda book.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 11:05 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

quote:
Originally posted by Nilfalathiel
Heh, one of my best friends is like that. Me being an avid Tolkien fan cannot understand, but will accept that no matter how hard she tries, she will not get past the birthday party either -.-
Tell you what, I'll start reading it tonight from AFTER the birthday party. Maybe I should have tried that years ago!

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:31 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

The Golden Goblet-I had to read it for a class in school once and like omg i died >_>

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 09:38 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Anything from Ernest Hemingway
Anything from Charles Dickens
The Scarlet Letter- just because of the unfamiliar vernacular

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:42 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I did stop reading "The Truth" by Terry Pratchett. I wouldn't say it is the worst nor even a particular bad book though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

"The last Seal Pup" For Grade 4 book report.

other then that "La guerre Du Feu" (The War of fire) Which I received for my 8th Birthday.

Never read it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:17 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

The Celestine Prophecy.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 09:44 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bullmaniac
Sinmaster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -hh-
Harry Potter books. waste of my time.

ditto! Harry Potter is dreadful. Really can't be bothered with it and people I speak to say its because everyone reads it but its actually just because they are crap books and there are thousands more books that I would rather read!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:02 PM
Bullmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Bullmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Bullmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

One time, a 'friend' of mine gave me some stupid spoof novella of 'The Matrix'. It was called something like 'The Matriculated'. He gave it to me as a birthday present, and it was honestly the worst book I've ever read in my life. After I finished it, I took it to the roof of my apartment building and burnt that sucker to a crisp.

Also file 'The Da Vinci Code' and anything by Clive Cussler on the list of shit reading.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 07:38 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
After I finished it, I took him to the roof of my apartment building and burnt that sucker to a crisp.

MURDER!!!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 09:24 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Bardock42
MURDER!!!

You kno' it. Word, 'sup?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 12:34 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote