KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Gandalf the White against Voldemort

Gandalf the White against Voldemort
Started by: srandle317

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

Gandalf the White is very perceptive. Even as Gandalf the Grey he could see the spirit world as he is a Maiar. Voldemort is a mortal. Gandalf would be able to see the dimension through which Voldemort travels.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:15 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

right, voldemort lieks to show off, we all know that, he always has his death eaters about him when doing some important evil thing

but gandalf, he has on his side the valar, and illuvatar (god)

now who would win that, plus gandalf would never die by one of voldemorts death spells, think back harry potter book five, mad eye moody says, the aveda kedaveda curse needs some real power behind it, all you could point your wands at me and yell the words and youd be lucky if i got a nosebleed, now, gandalfs power FFFFAAAARRRRR outreaches voldemorts, the spell would not effect him much, if at all

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:16 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

book four i mean

not five FOUR

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:18 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Yes, power behind it. Harry and the others were weak wizards and weren't used to using the spell. Voldemort, however, is used to using the spell and is very powerful. Gandalf being powerful has nothing to do with it. And even if it doesn't kill Gandalf, Voldemort could just turn him into a rock or insect and crush him.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:21 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Tongue Gandalf the White is as strong as an istari can be.

I imagine Maiar aren't so easy to manipulate that way. Even Gandalf would not be so dependant on his flesh as a Harry Potter world wizard. Normally Maiar wear their flesh as a mere garment, but the wizards are more hampered by it than usual; this handicap was implemented deliberately by the Valar in council with Eru.

To be skilled with an Unforgiveable Curse, a wizard has "to MEAN them, to want to cause pain (or control, or death) to ENJOY it."

Harry could not use the Cruciatus Curse because he is not perverted like Umbridge is.

Last edited by shaber on Nov 29th, 2003 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:30 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

While on Middle Earth, Gandalf and Saruman are mortal, which is why Saruman is easily killed by Grima. If Gandalf's body dies, he dies. Voldemort enjoys killing people. So he could easily kill Gandalf. He could use a blinding spell, or something to distract him, apparate behind him, then kill him.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Nov 29th, 2003 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:35 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yes, but gandaf i dont think would be too easy to turn into a rock or insect, and gandalf could do the same to voldemort,

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:40 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

I doubt that Gandalf's powers work that way. He's never shown doing anything like that. He's only used his powers to attack, such as against the orcs and Balrog. I don't think he can transform or manifest things.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 09:18 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

yeah i think volemort would win

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 09:47 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

he never uses his full power in the books, also if harry was a weak wizard and he has thwarted volde about 3 times then volde cant be too good a wizard can he, sure hes powerful, but as far as wits intelligence and cunning go hes at the shallow end

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 10:24 PM
shaber
schizoid

Voldemort always overlooks small, but crucial details.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 10:26 PM
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
~Forbidden*Innocence~

Gandalf would kick Voldermorts rear end, i mean he would kill him so quick that your head would spin!!! there is no question to who would win, gosh, that would be very entertaining to see, Gandalf kicking Voldermorts butt!!!!!!!!!!

my soul cries for deliverance
will i be denied
Christ
tourniquet
my suicide

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 11:59 PM
PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT is currently offline Click here to Send PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT a Private Message Find more posts by PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i know, but some people cannot accept that, i mean ive been trying to get it across to SOME of them that gany would win but they will not hear any of it

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 01:11 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

The reason that Voldemort was defeated by Harry the first time was because of love. The second time, the spell of love was still active. The third time, it was because their wands were brothers. Harry is still a weak wizard. Voldemort would win. Gandalf is in a mortal body, Voldemort is not. He's gone through many transformations and could possibly be immune to some magicks.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 11:55 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

And how do you know that we haven't seen all of Gandalf's power? I agree that in Gandalf's true form, Voldemort wouldn't stand a chance, but since Gandalf is mortal, his powers are limited. Voldemort would kill him.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 12:55 AM
nephalim27

You think Voldemort could have beat a Balrog? HA! And Gandalf the Grey managed to do it. It's no contest.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 07:38 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

and also read the silmarillion it tells how he doesnt use his full powers, he is not allowed too

he could basically destrot middle earth or at least most of it if he wanted, but was forbidden to use his full powere incase of this, plus some of the spells gandalf does cannot be done by voldemort, and p.s voldemort is human, harrys human blood, see

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 09:33 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

nephalim27, did you also notice that he died against the Balrog?

If he's forbidden to use his powers, then Voldemort would win...
And Voldemort has magic that Gandalf doesn't have.

Voldemort is only part human. Gandalf has a full human body.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Last edited by The Unknown on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:08 AM
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

he came back after the whole balrog thing. and besides, gandalf and voldemort are both powerful, but in differant ways. they are from differant worlds, so it's kinda hatd to tell what effect they would have on each other. Voldemort likes using his powers to hurt people, but gandalf doesn't, so what would happen in a duel between the two? voldemort could try to zap him with a hex or something, but gandalf is beyond little death hexes. he'd blow voldemort into the next year.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 04:38 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

no he isnt forbidden to use his powers, just not his FULL power, and he can in only extreme circumstances as if his life is in danger

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:27 PM