KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Gandalf the White against Voldemort

Gandalf the White against Voldemort
Started by: srandle317

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Inkeeper

no without his wand voldy is powerless, and he is a man, male is his sex. and gandalf has been shown many a time instantly killing

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:06 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

There is a difference between being magic and being born with the ability to use magic it you have a stick!!!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:35 AM
Kai_Haider is currently offline Click here to Send Kai_Haider a Private Message Find more posts by Kai_Haider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

sauron, I haven't read the Hobbit, so if you're talking about him doing so in that, please tell me a Page Number. And even though Voldy is male, he is no longer human. And wizards do have limited power w/o their wands, such as Harry did before going to Hogwarts.

Kai_Haider, no, wizards in HP are born magic and use magic w/o their wands (as shown above), but to do complex spells, they need wands to focus their powers through, just as Gandalf.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 03:29 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

...yeah sticks with a feather in them...and their born with some magical power like making glass diapear or talking to a snake...big whop.
They aren't magic they just can use it...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:10 AM
Kai_Haider is currently offline Click here to Send Kai_Haider a Private Message Find more posts by Kai_Haider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

And he's still human he just did a ton of shit so he can't die...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:11 AM
The Unknown
Anomaly

No, his spirit was separated from his body and was brought back into another, non-human body. And though they need wands, they're still magical, which is why only wizards can see dementors and other things, but w/o their wands, they can still apparate or like Neville, merely bounce off the ground when dropped from a high place. And like Harry, have your hair grow back after it's cut, or have your Aunt inflate and float to the ceiling. If Harry could do that, not yet able to use the full extent of his powers, then think of what Voldy could easily do w/o his wand.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:20 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i think gandalf would win because he has more years of experience and knowledge in battle and magic.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:28 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Gandalf's magic wouldn't hurt Voldy, cause Gandalf wouldn't be able to catch him because of apparation. All Voldy would have to do is apparate behind him and then hit him with the death spell or use a banishing spell on his staff.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:42 AM
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

Apparation doesn't have shit on Gandalf!!! Unless Gandalf didn't know about it...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:21 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

C'mon, Gandalf has no time for petty tricks.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:53 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

man that apparating and death spell are pissing me off here lol, gandalf magic is more complex than voldemorts, voldy just sends beams that can do different things, gandalf can summon up power from the earth and do illuvatars will he can do anything he damn well wants, because he is an istari, a step down and just a tiny bit less powerful that the maia, sauron himself was a maia and he could bend the earth and weather to his will, so think of what gandy can do, PLUS voldy was totally based on sauron, the name (dark lord) the fact they have both been separated from there body and needed a certain something to get it back......

potter is blatant frodo rip off too, the small one, the one with least chance of success becomes the hero, i smell a lawsuit lol

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:56 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

LoL

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:49 PM
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

what a fun arguement this is turning out to be...............

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 11:33 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Yeah, you're probably right about them being based on LotR characters, like the dementors and Nazgul, Shelob and Aerog(sp?).

Anyways, since Gandalf is in a mortal body, his power is limited. And to do something such as controlling weather or complex things, he needs to have complete concentration, yet with Voldy, he just has to say Imperio and has control of someone.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 12:11 AM
Kai_Haider
Sauron ist meine Hure!!!

You can fight off Imperio so what does that have to do with anything, I doubt it would even slow down Gandalf.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 12:35 AM
The Unknown
Anomaly

I didn't say he would use it on Gandalf, I was just saying that it takes concentration for a LotR wizard to use mind control, yet for someone like Voldy, they can instantly do it, meaning that complex spells would take Gandalf concentration and time, but for Voldy, he can do them instantly.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 01:35 AM
The Inkeeper

gandalf cannot use mind control, he wont need it so thats ok, he would need time to turn weather his way, but he doesnt need that either. but just trust me gandalf could use the full extent of his powers in a mortal body, but only in extreme situation, when there is no other choice

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 06:52 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

Gandalf could probably use mind control, like Saruman did, but anyways...

For Gandalf to use a powerful spell, he'd need time, but Voldy could just instantly banish Gandalf's staff.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:04 PM
The Inkeeper

well even if he did gandalf could take voldys wand without his staff, (see fotr, saruman) and dont say saruman is more powerful, because according to this thread gandalf is white

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:06 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

No, I was just saying that if Saruman could use mind control, then Gandalf could. How could Gandalf take his wand w/o his staff, I can't remember.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:37 PM