KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix Revolutions: Explained

The Matrix Revolutions: Explained
Started by: Mistique

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xemir

"and imprinting people like the Trainman and the merovingian."
They are not people they are programs of some sort every one n the mervs crew was. The Twins, His Werewolf/Vampires Henchmen, At the chateau the people fighting neo and runing on stuff n jumping crazy, the people in coat check walking on the roof, all programs.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 01:47 PM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
66tom99

yeah, but regardless, he could still have got them, just like he got the oracle, and probably seriph and seti.

and isn't the point of it all that programs with AI have feelings too? Just like the 'family' in the train station, so they have kind of 'people' traits

so in conclusion, humans are the best and every type of life form wants to be like us (just like in star trek).

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 02:27 PM
66tom99 is currently offline Click here to Send 66tom99 a Private Message Find more posts by 66tom99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

As is agreed there have been 3 previous versions of the matrix, the first two humans did not accept because there was no choice however the third version did involve choice and therefore the humans accepted it, well 99.9% anyway.

But let me say this when the anomaly goes to the source and the matrix reloads, does the matrix change, or is it merely just reset and started again?

When the matrix is reloaded there is no change, so why is this a new version? When you play a computer game, turn it off and reload the game it is not a new version but just a new time of playing the same version, this is what as happened to the matrix, Version 1 and 2 failed but version 3 was a success, the anomaly you can say is playing and when goes to the source the game is complete, the matrix is then reloaded with a new anomaly (or new player). To play the matrix again (exactly as the pervious anomaly did) a new anomaly is created, so you can say there have been 5 pervious version of the anomaly or 5 pervious players of the matrix version 3.

So to round it up, for there to have been 5 or more pervious versions of the matrix, the matrix must change every time it is reloaded(which no mention of this is in the films), and as I said there have been 3 previous versions of the matrix, and 5 pervious versions of the anomaly (or 5 pervious players of the matrix version 3)

Regards godfather

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:25 PM
godfather is currently offline Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistique

Architect: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.

I think he simply means he created a matrix, it didn't work, he created another, that didn't work, he created one more and he got it. So once he had the right Matrix, he started the cycle of 'Ones'

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:22 PM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

There have been 3 types of the Matrix. The first two failed, and the third was a success. There were then 6 versions of the third type. The Matrix was not reloaded, and Smith taking over Neo didn't balance the equation, it unbalanced it. Then the machines loaded something into Smith through Neo's body, destroying him.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 09:33 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

Mistique>> yes the Architect is counting in cycles of the anomaly, there have been 6 versions of the anomaly, neo being the sixth.

The Unknown>> you are saying that there are 6 versions of matrix type 3, which i understand where you are coming from, but what i am saying is for there to be six versions each pervious version must be different from the next version, which means every time the matrix reloadeds then there must be a change or an update to the matrix, to this no mention is made.
When the Architect says “The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.”
He is saying that there have been 6 pervious versions of the anomaly; which is saying that there have been five pervious neo’s
The anomaly and the matrix are very different, the Architect is merely counting in versions of the anomaly not versions of the matrix, just because there is a new anomaly this does not make a new version of the matrix, it is just a new version of the anomaly in the same version(version 3) of the matrix.

Regards godfather

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:08 AM
godfather is currently offline Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

But there is a change in each "version" of the third Matrix. There's a new anomaly each time...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:14 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

But the anomaly is not the matrix; it is a person with a bit of code implanted, this code is exactly the same each time, it reloads the matrix. The only difference is the person itself, there is no change in the matrix no change in the anomaly just a different person, with a same choice to make, the only difference is that the sixth anomaly choose differently to the pervious five anomalies. That is why it is a cycle because it happens the same in loops, neo broke the loop.

regards godfather

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:49 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

that is half true...the MATRIX itself does not change, however, what is IN the Matrix DOES change...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:36 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

A different anomaly occurs IN THE MATRIX each time. And it is not known if there are upgrades to the Matrix or not after each reloading.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 03:40 AM
Soviet Spartan

The Matrix was not reloaded... The Matrix had its firewalls which protected the rules of the system like Gravity. Taht is why only the hackers could do anything abnormal in the system or the agents since they were the Adminstrators of the System.

Thats why there was the dejavu, becuase hte Matrix changed after its firewalls were dropped. ANd therefore anyone with the basic knoweledge of hacking could change the matrix as he saw fit, Sati's Sunrise (she is a program and therefore understand the language) The Architect appearing out of nowhere... And the Matrix Online Game where everyone is a super human. Everyone can be a superhuman becuase the firewalls are disabled in the Matrix and eventually people are going to find out that its all fake and then want out into Zion AKA the Microsoft Free Zone...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:30 AM
Soviet Spartan is currently offline Click here to Send Soviet Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Soviet Spartan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soviet Spartan

also people are mentioning that there are 3 matrices with the last one being used multiple times, the only thing that changes in the third matrix is that the firewall is tuffer to break and the agents are given more adminstrative contorls aka the agents were upgraded.

However the Matrix cannot keep up with Neo, since Neo is irrational and chaotic, something the Architect cannot comprehend so he is always one step behind.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:32 AM
Soviet Spartan is currently offline Click here to Send Soviet Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Soviet Spartan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soviet Spartan

If you think of the Matrix as a computer game think of Battleflied 1942... every patch that comes out is usually to counter hacks and cheats. Lets call this a firewall protection on the game to prevent hackers from modifying the system. The Matrix when it is reloaded is in actually Patched becuase hte damn Architect is a developer and we know developers love to patch thier games... (BF 1942 and HALO).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:35 AM
ch0g0nda
Captain

quote:
Originally posted by Soviet Spartan
also people are mentioning that there are 3 matrices with the last one being used multiple times, the only thing that changes in the third matrix is that the firewall is tuffer to break and the agents are given more adminstrative contorls aka the agents were upgraded.

However the Matrix cannot keep up with Neo, since Neo is irrational and chaotic, something the Architect cannot comprehend so he is always one step behind.
Trin and Morpheous put up the same (if not better) kind of fights as they have in M1. I don't think this "firewall" (obviously you don't know what one is... ok) was "tuffer to break." I simply think that the Agents were given different code. As in.

punch = (1) [M1 agents]
punch = (2) [M2-3 agents after upgrades]

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 08:16 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soviet Spartan

My understanding of the firewall is that its supposedly stops a hacker from acessing your computer by closing ports which they can enter. IS this not what the Hackers in the Matrix do? And im certain that when the matrix appeared to fade away, it meant that something disappeared, and I think what disapperaed where the controls. I just used a firewall as an example and not as a literal firewall in the matrix. you know what i meant i just think you were trying to push my buttons... lol

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 04:11 AM
Mr. Football

SMITH CALLING THE ORACLE 'MUM'
This is a play on words. He is being sarcastic, he is referring to the Oracle as 'The mother of the matrix' therefore meaning everything and everyone in the matrix is her 'child'. This confused many, some saying it was Seraph under Smith calling her mum, but Seraph is defiantly not the Oracle's son. She has not real children.

i thought he called the oracle mum to counter her comment, " you are a ." "You would know, mum", I believe says she is a whore....nice verbage by the oracle and impressive come-back by Smith

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:38 PM
Mr. Football is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Football a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Football Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Football

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr. Football
[B]SMITH CALLING THE ORACLE 'MUM'
This is a play on words. He is being sarcastic, he is referring to the Oracle as 'The mother of the matrix' therefore meaning everything and everyone in the matrix is her 'child'. This confused many, some saying it was Seraph under Smith calling her mum, but Seraph is defiantly not the Oracle's son. She has not real children.

theres from where the quotes from...i just found the little quote button thing

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:39 PM
Mr. Football is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Football a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Football Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Football

dang that didnt work...its from the very first post from Mystique...im new

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:40 PM
godfather
Godfather

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Unknown
A different anomaly occurs IN THE MATRIX each time. And it is not known if there are upgrades to the Matrix or not after each reloading.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats 100% correct, so the real question is, is there upgrades when the matrix is reloaded, if there are not then there as only ever been 3 versions of the matrix, if there have been upgrades then there have been more than versions of the upgrades

also when a program is released there may be bugs in that program, then the company will release a patch to fix these bugs, even though the patchs are used the program is still the same version just with the added patch - so what i am saying is that if there were changes (which i dont think there was) it would be more like a patch to the third version of the matrix rather than a new version.

i'm still sticking sayin that there have only been 3 versions of the matrix.

regards, godfather

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:53 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

There have been three types, the first two failed. The third one prevailed. It is reloaded, making versions of the third type. I didn't say that bugs were erased when it was reloaded. They fix the bugs themselves (Watch Animatrix). However, they may be upgrades to the program, and the anomaly is part of the changing of versions.

-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 12:35 AM