KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix Revolutions: Explained

The Matrix Revolutions: Explained
Started by: Mistique

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistique

Ok, so its like this:

1.00 failed
2.00 failed
3.00 a succes and therefor leading to 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc
So, have we come to a conclusion as to whether or not the matrix is reloaded after every .1?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 06:26 AM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

the matrix has been reloaded by every previous anomaly, but not by neo.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:13 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistique

I thought quite the opposite, I thought Neo reloaded it, it became 3.7 with a substantial difference, anyone who wishes to leave may do so if they wish.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:36 AM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Neo does not reload it. Neo never visits the Source, nothing ever leaves his body, he stays the same. In fact, by showing the black cat, the Bros. are saying that the Matrix was NOT, in fact, reloaded, but, rather, something was CHANGED...this being that, it was rewritten back to how it looked before Smith went rampaging through the Matrix. Neo is still alive, he has not had any coding removed from him, or changed; the only way any coding in him changed was because he joined with Smith. This is why the Oracle says she supposes we will see Neo again. It is still 3.5, but it is different because, the anomaly is complete, the code is, so to speak, perfect. There will be no more anomalies, because those that chose to leave the Matrix CAN, in fact, leave the matrix, thus the buffer for the disbelief is not necessary anymore.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 10:21 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

WEEEEEEeeeee!!!!!! eek! It's finally done, we're all finally on the same page.....I hope I didn't speak to soon. no expression

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 10:33 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes, Neo CHANGED the Matrix instead of RE-loading it. He caused a REvolution in the system. smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:34 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
Neo does not reload it. Neo never visits the Source, nothing ever leaves his body, he stays the same. In fact, by showing the black cat, the Bros. are saying that the Matrix was NOT, in fact, reloaded, but, rather, something was CHANGED...this being that, it was rewritten back to how it looked before Smith went rampaging through the Matrix. Neo is still alive, he has not had any coding removed from him, or changed; the only way any coding in him changed was because he joined with Smith. This is why the Oracle says she supposes we will see Neo again. It is still 3.5, but it is different because, the anomaly is complete, the code is, so to speak, perfect. There will be no more anomalies, because those that chose to leave the Matrix CAN, in fact, leave the matrix, thus the buffer for the disbelief is not necessary anymore.

good summary

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 04:54 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

Yes it was not reloaded only changed at the end of Revolutions, which seems fact to me by the presence of the black cat! But what I am saying is, does the matrix program change every time it is reloaded? Because I’m sure it doesn’t, the machines think the matrix works so don't change it or update it, no mention about the matrix changing or being updated is ever hinted towards. So what I am saying is the matrix
are all the same, program wise! so why aren’t they just the matrix 3.0, just replayed? because everyone else apart from me thinks that there have been 8 versions of the matrix - 1, 2, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5

Maybe i'm wrong, but nobody yet as convinced me otherwise. I’m still saying that there as only been 3 versions of the matrix, and that matrix 3.0 is the same as 3.5.
There have all had different anomalies but the matrix is still the same matrix, just replayed, like a game but being played then restarted and played by a different person.

Regards godfather

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:00 PM
godfather is currently offline Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

in M1, they say that "Deja vu (aka a black cat seen twice) happens when they change something" however, if there was a deja vu of the black cat, and the matrix was just reloaded, then they really didn't change anything. thus, they rewrote something, making the Matrix look as it did before Smith took control, rather than reloading it...hope that helps.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 06:23 PM
The One Part 2

The answer is very simple. In "The Matrix" it is stated that the black cat represents a change to the code of the Matrix. This is canon. Nowhere in any of the other films does it state that a reloading of the Matrix displays the black cat. It is a fact that the Matrix was not reloaded at the end of Revolutions simply becuase of the cat. No matter how it is explained, the films themelves will debunk any theory.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 06:57 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

I spoke to soon.
Godfather> I think Omega was the first to call it 3.0,3.1 and so on and I think she did this, because it is an easy fast way to say there are many 3.0s. So it isn't so much as 3.0, 3.1 as it is Matrix 3 #1 and Matrix 3 #2 it's just easier to say it like that.

Also two things indicate that the Matrix was not reloaded 1 the cat 2 the anamoly still in Neo.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:10 PM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

yes totally agree that the matrix was not reloaded, never have belived otherwise. it could not have been reloaded, it was only changed back to normal!!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 10:21 PM
godfather is currently offline Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

It wasn't changed back to normal... there are some differences now.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 03:44 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

like what?, i know humans are free to leave and there will not be another anomaly, but other than that(which is not a change in the matrix only a diffrent way of running it) the matrix is still the same.

regards

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 12:44 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

The programs (such as agents) are changed or deleted. The green tint is gone.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:29 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

quote:
There have all had different anomalies but the matrix is still the same matrix, just replayed, like a game but being played then restarted and played by a different person.

this makes me think that you think that the Matrix is reloaded everytime, returning it to the initial starting position, and that this is what happens in M3, however, this is contradictory to what i said...perhaps i misunderstood you, but that is what i got out of what you said.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 11:07 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

The most important PROOF against a “reloading” of the Matrix, is that it still LOOKS modern at the end of Revolutions.
Smith calls this version (3.5) the epitome of human civilisation, and it’s supposedly 1999. The Architect also says this, and horrible events from the 20th century flash on the screen behind him – including Hitler.
Since Morpheus states teh rebels have fought the machines for 100 years, and there has been NO “The One” or a Reload in that time (else the rebels would know of the previous Ones) the Matrix, too, must span 100 years: That is, the entire 20th century, complete with world-wars (as evidenced by the image of Hitler behind the Architect).
So – IF the Matrix was reloaded we’d be back at 1900!
The end scene definitely is NOT 1900. ERGO… smile

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 01:25 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Concordantly...Omega is correct.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 01:30 AM
godfather
Godfather

yer sorry if i made people misunderstood me, i know the matrix was not reloaded at the end of M3, thats what i always believed! when i was talking of the matrix being reloaded i was on about the prevoius anomalies not neo, and i was also asking >>Unknown<< if at the end od matrix 3 the matrix was changed back to the same code as before smith and then carrying on NOT reloaded or weather the matrix code as changed and is not the same code as before smith and then carried on and not reloaded.

regards

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 02:23 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Godfather> ????

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 02:30 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote