KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix
Started by: Chapel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chapel

other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

the obvious choice would be Bound the wachs first film, the cimematography, production design and music is all very Matrixish.

or how about A.I being a bit of a prequel?

so what films do you think could be set inside the Matrix or be related to the world the Brothers have created?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:25 AM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

the only way AI could relate to this is man vs machine and the creation of machine, thats about it...not really a prequel...the only films that can be set "inside" the matrix is the matrix films themselves...and the comics

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:29 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chapel

I wasnt talking about a plot has to fit the matrix universe exactly.

more of film that have a story or style that could loosy fit into the matrix universe.

for example I could see films like point break, fitting into the Matrix

or the style of David Fincher films like Panic room or fight club

or stuff like Crouching tiger , hidden dragon as advanced roleplay training simulations etc

just meant to be a bit of fun or isnt fun allowed here?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:41 AM
Chapel is currently offline Click here to Send Chapel a Private Message Find more posts by Chapel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

ok i got ya...Dark City is a must then...ive also heard people talk about Equilibrium...and i found a lot of stuff from Kill Bill fits with styles from teh matrix

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:52 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jennyanderson
The Author

Termiantor-1,2,3; AI; Universal Soldier etc can all be fit into the Matrix as their Prequel.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 11:20 AM
jennyanderson is currently offline Click here to Send jennyanderson a Private Message Find more posts by jennyanderson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

AI and Sec Ren are very similar. In both movies, machines are abused and destroyed and in the end, human are destroyed.

The Martix (virtual world) is all about control and there are plenty of books and movies on control. Equalibrium, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, and 1984 all have elements of control.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:47 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

Re: other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

quote:
Originally posted by Chapel
the obvious choice would be Bound the wachs first film, the cimematography, production design and music is all very Matrixish.

so what films do you think could be set inside the Matrix or be related to the world the Brothers have created?

if the W.brothers were thinking about the martix before/during making Bound wouldnt it be cool if they put in some stuff that would reference the matrix universe BEFORE they even made the films - highly unlikely but would be cool if anyone could find something.

i dont mean bullet time or anything like that - but maybe small things like 101,the books neo had, green tint, similar rain - some small thing to show that there were already creating the matrix 'world' within their heads at the time of filming bound.

also as bound is set in the 'real world'- that could infact be 'the matrix'. ie the whole story happens in the matrix - unaware of the truth - like people going on with their lives unaware of the truth in 'the matrix'

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:55 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Coneheads
Starship Troopers (only in a fabricated world could a movie suck that completely and efficiently)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 09:57 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
W. Lee Chojin
Just here...

Vanilla Sky...
A "self service" matrix ... just a poor joke ...
stick out tongue

The Usual Suspects - Verbal Kint

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 04:44 AM
W. Lee Chojin is currently offline Click here to Send W. Lee Chojin a Private Message Find more posts by W. Lee Chojin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

No 1....No 1

the MMs were different
a hell different

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 07:27 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Virtuosity(spelling?) A movie with virtual world software.
Darkcity seems like it played into it biggly...hehe I sorta made that word up
If you take time-travel out of Terminator then it would tie in perfectly

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 10:12 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cleric2032

Re: other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Chapel

Well actually, how 'bout I Robot? Think about it. That could definately be a prequal. The rise and retaliation of robots after getting their own city.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 06:43 AM
cleric2032 is currently offline Click here to Send cleric2032 a Private Message Find more posts by cleric2032 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cleric2032

Re: Re: other films that could be set inside or relate to the Matrix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cleric2032
Well actually, how 'bout I Robot? Think about it. That could definately be a prequal. The rise and retaliation of robots after getting their own city.

CHECK. I know they dont get their own city but it is implied.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 06:48 AM
cleric2032 is currently offline Click here to Send cleric2032 a Private Message Find more posts by cleric2032 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote