KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Outsiders

The Outsiders
Started by: surferrocker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xLiNdS x 622x
Boom shakalaka

i just finished reading The Outsiders in school and i loved it!!..it's awesome and my favorite...S.E Hinton is such a great author...i really reccomend this book....i didnt like the movie so much tho..

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 04:08 AM
xLiNdS x 622x is currently offline Click here to Send xLiNdS x 622x a Private Message Find more posts by xLiNdS x 622x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reckoning

Definitely a relevant read for those in their teenage years; although not a literary classic, the impact it has is one that commands respect, especially since Hinton was sixteen when he wrote the novella.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 06:33 AM
Reckoning is currently offline Click here to Send Reckoning a Private Message Find more posts by Reckoning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

BOPRecruit 16: u need 2 read on in That Was Then This is Now. It is actually a really good book. It's sad at the end. It is really good. read it. V@LL3jOk!D707: Tex is like the best book ever. (After the Outsiders that is.) If you read mor then one chapter where all he did wuz ride a horse and go to skool. u don't really get n.e. thing out of it. It is really kewl at the end.. he getz shot....(Funny part). and BOPRecruit 16 if ur thinkin about watchin the movie Tex and u already seen the Outsiders movie...Don't...Matt Dillion playes Tex and you will still think of him as Dally being all mean and tough, and Tex it the exact oppisite of Dally. It's lame.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 11:03 PM
RockandLove is currently offline Click here to Send RockandLove a Private Message Find more posts by RockandLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason420
My dad is younger than me

I love this book good book

I was born 8 and 1/2 months premature

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:37 PM
Jason420 is currently offline Click here to Send Jason420 a Private Message Find more posts by Jason420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xLiNdS x 622x
Boom shakalaka

quote:
Originally posted by Reckoning
Definitely a relevant read for those in their teenage years; although not a literary classic, the impact it has is one that commands respect, especially since Hinton was sixteen when he wrote the novella.

S.E. Hinton is a she..not a he

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 02:29 AM
xLiNdS x 622x is currently offline Click here to Send xLiNdS x 622x a Private Message Find more posts by xLiNdS x 622x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanilla_Pride
the only girl for Pony

Question

this is just a question, but how is the movie to the book??

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 01:35 AM
Vanilla_Pride is currently offline Click here to Send Vanilla_Pride a Private Message Find more posts by Vanilla_Pride Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanilla_Pride
the only girl for Pony

sorry guys i meant to ask how true is the movie to the book??

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 03:20 AM
Vanilla_Pride is currently offline Click here to Send Vanilla_Pride a Private Message Find more posts by Vanilla_Pride Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

The Outsiders

Who has read this book.Its about a boy named Ponyboy who is in this gang called the "Greasers" .. One day one of his fellow gang members get killed and he has to live leave before the cops come..I forgot the rest.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:48 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gemini Star

I had to read the book in 7th grade. We took quizes once a week about it. And the test was easy. Then we watched the movie. I like the movie better than the book.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 01:53 AM
Gemini Star is currently offline Click here to Send Gemini Star a Private Message Find more posts by Gemini Star Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

one of my favorite books ever.

also, the movie was very, very homosexual.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 06:32 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
one of my favorite books ever.

also, the movie was very, very homosexual.

It was set in 1966, stuff was probably different back then erm

I adore this book. I can't believe I didn't notice this thread earlier. I rented th e DVD a while back but the movie was only worth watching because of the good acting. Ralph Macchio was 21?! He looked about 10!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 12:04 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

Theres nothing more about this book than you can say is WOW, and the movie is awesome to smile smile smile smile

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 02:02 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: The Outsiders

Originally posted by surferrocker
...is an awesome book. So there. whistle

Meh. I read it in 7th grade and thought it was....alright. I was sad with the one kid died. The only chracter's name I can remember is PonyBoy. Wait, two people died. I was sad when both died.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 02:08 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

Originally posted by G U I T A R
Theres nothing more about this book than you can say is WOW, and the movie is awesome to smile smile smile smile

agreed.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 03:59 AM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
which character in the outsiders do you think you're most like?
Dallas, Two Bit and Steve.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 05:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Stealth

Great book about twisted "real life."

but if u want a sci-fi book, be sure to read the pendragon series. smile

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 06:23 AM
Black Stealth is currently offline Click here to Send Black Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Black Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I argee I had read it.And it is good but sad!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 03:11 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote