KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Ush's Game Episode I- "Avalar"- Gumf archive

Ush's Game Episode I- "Avalar"- Gumf archive
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Here is Yerssot's character:

"Yerssot is a young lad, desperate to make his way from Knight to Master, he's big wish is to be on the Council. He isn't full of hate, he is calm, but when he enters a fight there is a big risk that he enters the Dark Side, though he never fought a Sith. He was trained by a mysteries Jedi, who lived on Hoth, there he learned everything. Yerssot isn't easily scared but he can make some strange decisions.
Born on Naboo, he was happy, but on a trip the ship crashed on Hoth, his parents died, holding him in their arms. The mystical Jedi raised him, but a path to the Dark Side was perhaps laid before him."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 11:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just bumping this thread back up to the top for the beneift of Dim.

I don't know why but it has become scrambled. The actual questionaire now appears to be in the middle, but I am sure you get the gist.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 30th, 2001 07:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FireMaster
Yuppon Gatana ******

Smile Morpheus ofatyla -The Geki-

he was born on mon calamari,But is a normal human, where his parents worked for a corporation that makes star cruisers.
he was detected by the council when his parents died. there for he has no recollection of them what so ever. Which only makes the band with his master stronger, which was ki-adi mundi.
now having achieved the rank of jedi master he has out ranked his master for which he still has a lot of respect

Morpheus is a humanoid of about 45 years old with long black hair about 6.5 feet tall and about 200 lbs.

he believes in the ideals of the force and is ready to serve for what ever purpose the council needs him.

he will normaly always follow the code very strictly except when the life of a friend is in danger.

he will always try to avoid combat and if it is really necessairy he'll try to end it fast and clean

(hope you guys don't take it offensif I want to be a master but those templats seem the best for my character (I know cause I've played a lot of RPG's IRL, it's important to take a character you know fits you)

The Yuppon Gatana

Old Post Oct 17th, 2001 07:37 PM
FireMaster is currently offline Click here to Send FireMaster a Private Message Find more posts by FireMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

LIGHT SIDE PLAYERS PLEASE READ- Mysteries and Discoveries

What with all the frantic posting lately it is, of course, difficult for some people to keep up with the plot. I'll use this thread to lessen that problem. While it is not essential to know every detail of what the others players are doing, if you miss too much you may miss an important develoment.

Here I will summarise the various mysteries you have been presented with, and the answers to them if you have discovered them.

1. What did Gundark's dream mean?

I may re-print this for people's benefit later, but right now that's up to people to guess.

2. Pirates at Damagran- why so many, and why are they attacking such a well-defended area?

A good question. Both RC and Firemaster have discovered that the pirates are able to fight because they are being paid VAST amounts to keep on doing so, in the form of an apparenlty endless gold supply.

3. Who is paying the pirates?

RC and Firemaster have discovered a name, 'Kuylen'. He is the friend of Pelloran (the head of the pirates), who is paying them to attack Damagran.

4. Why is this 'Kuylen' paying the pirates? What is he achieving?

You have no idea. Of course, the pirate campaign may cause Damagran to leave the Republic, which would be a disaster.

5. Where is this 'Kuylen'? I want a word with him!

He is upstairs, and it is not easy to get there. Gundark is trying now.

6. What is all that nonsense on Damagran about?

You could have gone to Damagran instead of Jaglon Beta, but didn't, so I ran the Jaglon plot instead, and then gave the Damagran plot to Yerssot. Basically, the bad guys (including Dim, queeq and Edna) are running around causing a lot of bad stuff to happen. Yerssot ran into some of this on Damagran.

7. So, do the assassins on Damagran have anything to do with the pirates?

No. Basically, like any decent bad guys, the Dark Jedi are making use of whatever forces they can find- the pirates on Jaglon Beta, and the anti-Republicans on Damagrab, Gives you plenty of people to fight!

8. So, the Dark Jedi lead a load of pirates and anti-Republicans, and are trying to screw up somewhere so it becomes independant. Hardly galactic domination, is it?

Well, they have to start somewhere... but no, obviously there is something more to the Dark Jedi than mere political agitation. That is part of your job to find out.

And oddly, Yerssot is still the only player who actually knows there are any Dark Jedi about... yet!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 24th, 2001 08:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

DARK SIDE PLAYERS PLEASE READ- Your evil plan...

As I had just summarsied things for thr good guys, it occurred to me it would be a good idea to summarise things for you guys as well. In fact, all delays and absences considered, I will not be surprised if all of you have lost your handle on what you guys are up to...

This will also be handy for helping Dim and Edna re-enter the game when they can.

So, in easy stages:

1. Led by Kuylen, you people are on a path to Galactic domination. This is the first major move in your plan.

2. You people are in charge, effectively, of the pirates. You are able to supply them vast amounts of gold in order to effectively bribe them into attacking Damagran and its forces. You and the pirates have taken over Jaglon Beta, and are running things from there.

3. Although you are not there right now, you people are also allied with the anti-Republic forces on Damagran, led by a man named Faylar.

4. Kuylen and Faylar are working together to ensure that Damagran leaves the Republic. All your recent work has been to stop the Republic doing anything about it- hence, destroying that battleship at the start of the gane, and thr assassination mission that Krisha and Chion are on.

5. HOWEVER... there is of course more to your plan than that. Faylar is just a jumped-up little Hitler. Kuylen and you people have FAR bigger plans,. but you need Faylar's help, which is why syou are doing this.

In order to keep some suspense, I have not told you what your ultimate plan is, even though your characters do actually know it. But it is a plan that will bring you MUCH power.

6. And now those bloody Jedi have found you! But your plan is near completion. All you have to do is fend off the Jedi long enough to stop them ruining it all. You just need one more gold shipment to arrive, and then you are ready! Kill the Jedi, or keep them away until then! Simple!

And that is what is going on...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 24th, 2001 08:24 PM
Brith

Could you go for Jealousy - the hybrid of Fear and Hubris?

With Jealousy the Jedi couldn't bear the thought that someone might be better, but this is not from a feeling that you are the best. Instead this Jedi is driven by feelings of insecurity; that other people could be more successful, more powerful or just having a better life than him / her / it. By destroying or enslaving others the Jedi can subdue these feelings... for a time.

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 11:43 PM
Brith is currently offline Click here to Send Brith a Private Message Find more posts by Brith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So noted. A fine alternative for anyone to chose... I beleive Dim hasn't answered this one yet... had I made that clear?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 11:45 PM
yerssot

ok, if nobody minds, this thread will now become a thread were the light-side players can talk... hmmm, nobody rejecting big grin

ok, it's pretty obvious that we are near eachother, and we need a ship so we can exit this planet. I know FM has one, but I couldn't find it in the hangar sad

Phinney, were on the planet are you exactly???

I can't sense others because I'm only a Jedi Knight, so others will have to do the trick...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 10:35 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, little thing in response to Ush reply on the ls-thread.
The purpose is not to cheat, it's to ask stuff...
like the thing I asked phinney

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 07:18 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Some would consider that cheating, yerss.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 08:01 PM
yerssot

hey, I know where everyone in the game is, and the others know this also...
but this was all ment as info

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 08:22 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Plot Note For All Players Of The Second Game

I have been talking with yerssot about the plot of the second game, which was interesting. To be fair, I will repeat here some of the things I talked to him about.

If you are interested in following the overall plot, you should read this. If you just want to react to things as they happen, you need not bother.

-
Here are the things you should consider:

1. There are THREE sides, not two as it looked at first. Someone lured the Light Side Jedi into a trap, and betrayed the Dark Side Jedi. They waited until both sides started fighting, and tried to kill all of you. Luckily they underestimated your powers- still, at the time of writing you aren't out of it yet.

2. This trap is too complex for mere pirates to organise. They are working for someone else- someone who could out-bid the Dark Jedi, who were paying the pirates a lot.

3. There must be quite a prize at stake for someone to try such a daring plan. Part of the theme of this story is the start of the break-up of the Republic (as AOTC will do in more detail, of course). The Damagran Confederacy consists of 14 worlds; small, but perhaos enough to start a roll-over if it leaves. And if it leaves, SOMEONE has to lead it. 14 worlds is enough to tempt many people.

4. The Dark Jedi are helping both the pirates AND the seperatists on Damagran who want to leave the Republic (the Dark Side players know all this, of course. All the Light Side guys have seen them with the pirates, and yerssot saw them with the seperatists). The pirates are what are causing Damagran to want to seperate, so by helping these two factions the Dark Jedi are ensuring that Damagran DOES leave the Republic.

But what is in it for the Dark Jedi? They will gain nothing from Damagran leaving. They are bending over backwards to help someone ELSE take power. There must be something in ti for them that the good guys haven't found yet. Perhaps an exchange of favours?

5. So, whoever the Dark Jedi were working with has decided that he no longer wants to keep his part of the bargain. Damagran is well on its way to leaving, now. His plan, if it had worked, would have wiped out the Dark Jedi who he no longer wanted to work with, and also killed the Light Side Jedi before they could mess up his plans to own Damagran.

By the time more Light Side Jedi are sent, it would be too late- Damagran would have left and the Jedi would have no jursidiction. Of course, this plan failed and you guys are still alive...

In conclusion: Someone is triyng to take over Damagran. Remember, the good guys were sent to try and stop Damagran leaving; this pirate business is something they got sucked into. So this person must be stopped. The Dark Side, in turn, are also interested in stopping this person because he betrayed them.

And meanwhile, the Dark Side players have their own plan to follow, a much darker plot indeed...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 10:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

At yerssot's request, I am listing here the names of some of the important people in the game, that you have met:

Kuylen: Leader of the Dark Side
Krisha, Chion: Dark Side Jedi
Pelloran: Head of the Pirates
Hade: Pelloran's security chief
Arashan: Pelloran's personal assassin
Faylar: Head of the seperatists on Damagran
Derin: Ex-head of the pro-Republicans on Damagran. Chion and Krisha killed him.
Verlaine: Derin's replacement
O'Brien: A friendly engineer for the pirates that many of you have met

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 10:11 PM
yerssot

ok, we discussed thing here, and I can tell you, it's NOT the Hutt, he's too far away and would do things more subtle...

Well, Ush posted O'Brien as important... this makes me think... why is he put there?

and why are the Dark Jedis doing this? why tempting the power of Palpatine?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 10:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, it's just that so many of you met him. He's harmless.

As for the Dark Jedi... who the heck cares about Palpatine? He's just some harmless politician, isn't he?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 7th, 2001 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 10:14 PM
yerssot

but I know EpIV, V and VI stick out tongue
and why wouldn't they know?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 11:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just to make sure...

It is important that everyone remembers that as far as your characters know:

1. Palpatine is a hero, swept to power on a sympathy vote over the Naboo situation. People look forward to him removing the corruption in the Republic.

2. The Sith, as everyone knows, have been extinct for a millenium.

3. Naboo was a trivial trade dispute that just happened to bring Palpatine to power. None of you know just how important it was.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 11:15 PM
yerssot

sorry, but didn't Mace said:

"This is the clue we need to unravel the mysterie of the Sith"
indicating that they knew about it, and when something that big is known, they should spread it with the other Jedis...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 11:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's only been a month since then, and it's not as if they have issued a galaxy-wide Sith alert, from what we can tell from the films. I've proceeded on the assumption that no-one is really in the know about this.

People playing the start of the game will have noted how concerned the Council seemed about something, though.

However, the spreading rumours about the Sith in the Galaxy WILL form part of the coming plotline.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 7th, 2001 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 11:28 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I'm betting the third party may be Black Sun.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 11:54 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote