KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Have you met any authors?

Have you met any authors?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Have you met any authors?

I havent had the pleasure of meeting one or go to book signing,would love to meet someone like anne rice or stephen king.

I wonder have any of you meet any, who is it?

If you wish to meet the authors, who will be ??

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:10 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

oh, hold on. this seems kind of stupid, but i forget her name. she has a son in my class, and i've talked to her before. i think she's kinda famous, cuz i've seen her books at various book stores, such as barnes and noble. i'll check with my friends. they'll remember the name. anita shreve? forget spelling.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:12 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i met Fydor DOstoevsky in my dream once. this is what happened...

i was playin ice hockey when all of a sudden he starts callin me out. i come out of the rink im like sup man i like ur books. then he takes out a shotgun and starts shooting randomly. i jump, take out my skates (in slow motion) then he starts shooting when all of a sudden he gets back up from his teammates (Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, Agatha Christie etc etc) i was outnumbered by these classical authors. But then Hannibal Lecter came...i thought he would help me but NO he attacked me. (i made this all up lol) sorry im bored. smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:17 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
oh, hold on. this seems kind of stupid, but i forget her name. she has a son in my class, and i've talked to her before. i think she's kinda famous, cuz i've seen her books at various book stores, such as barnes and noble. i'll check with my friends. they'll remember the name. anita shreve? forget spelling.
is this her? Anita Shreve

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:18 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
i met Fydor DOstoevsky in my dream once. this is what happened...

i was playin ice hockey when all of a sudden he starts callin me out. i come out of the rink im like sup man i like ur books. then he takes out a shotgun and starts shooting randomly. i jump, take out my skates (in slow motion) then he starts shooting when all of a sudden he gets back up from his teammates (Alexandre Dumas, Victor Hugo, Agatha Christie etc etc) i was outnumbered by these classical authors. But then Hannibal Lecter came...i thought he would help me but NO he attacked me. (i made this all up lol) sorry im bored. smile
that would be on h*ll of a dream!! LMAO!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:20 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yes it would lol

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:20 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
is this her? Anita Shreve

yeah!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:54 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EOWYN3

Gwendolyn Brooks

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:04 AM
EOWYN3 is currently offline Click here to Send EOWYN3 a Private Message Find more posts by EOWYN3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

when i was little, i met a couple of authors for children's books but i can't remember who. who i'd like to meet, tolkien when he was alive; s.e. hinton...hm...

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:34 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I think I would have liked to have meet edward gorey when he was alive also. sad

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 07:01 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I met Tommy DePaula when I was in third grade! big grin I have a picture of me with him somewhere....

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 07:09 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Sharon M. Draper, author of Tears of a Tiger

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 11:36 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Mrs.MM went to a Terry Pratchett book signing last Xmas, she said he was very nice.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 02:08 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

Well, maybe you all will get to meet me one day, I'm a published author, but don't get too excited yet, my book isn't out, and it will probably be awhile before it actually is out, but i still trying to get the buzz out about it, and its really cool that there is a book discussion!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 03:16 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

I wish I'd meet JKR and Anne Rice. embarrasment

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 01:04 AM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Mrs.MM went to a Terry Pratchett book signing last Xmas, she said he was very nice.

I love terry pratchett! was that the book signing in Forbidden Planet off Oxford Street in London?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 11:36 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I wanted to go to the Michael Moore thing in Cambridge, but by the time I'd heard about it they ere sold out... *sulks*

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 11:36 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luciferia
Angel of Music

I met Robert Rankin once. He was doin a book signing in a bookshop near where i live, but I didnt know who he was at the time. I wasn't watching where I was goin and walked into him, and he glared at me. A few days later I bought the book he was signing (Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocolypse - dead funny, buy it!) and found out who he was.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:49 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackSparrowLuvr
Kaylu

shelly herdlitshka....................oh and once i met Jarkko Ruutu of the Vancouver Canucks wink big grin stick out tongue shifty

Mysterious M you
I can recite the whole POTC movie I am so proud of myself!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 06:17 AM
JackSparrowLuvr is currently offline Click here to Send JackSparrowLuvr a Private Message Find more posts by JackSparrowLuvr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The author I most want to meet is Margaret Weis, co-author of The DragonLance Saga and the foster mother of Raistlin

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:04 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote