KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you want me around or not?

Do you want me around or not?
Started by: HavocHound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, I firmly beleive government is in the interests in the people. I believe the people make it that way through systems of accoutability, and I find your comparison with corporations facile.

NO-ONE has to right to assume power without a mnandate from the people.

The abolition of scoeity would be a complete diasaster, The attribution of a love of styler anmd the expression of indiviudality to some form of societal breakdown is simply blindness.

The vote is a powerful, POWERFUL tool. Do not dismiss it so easily. The power to chose who rules as is enormous power indeed. And you will find no better system. People CANNOT be trusted to rule themselves; it has been shown time and time again. They do not have the time, inclination or aptitude to go through the incredibly complex business of running a coutnry, You would not ask a farmer to run a nuclear power station or a nuclear physicist to run a farm; likewiseI only expect a politician to make political decisoins, but we as the people, by exercising our vote, have CONTROL over the polticians; it is the slant of our entire society.

Let me tell you something, HH. I CANNOT support myself. I am dependant on the state to support me.

You would see this done away wioth. Who would look after me then? You, and people like you? Who are you accountable to? Who ensures you stay on the straight and narrow? What happens if you decide to take liberties? Who will protect me if I cannot protect myself and there is no system that requires anyone else to do it on my behalf?

Or perhaps the more laudable parts of civilisation do not fit into your great plan? Perhaps those who cannot look after themselves should be left aside?

What you describe is a nightmare. What we have right now is not perfect but at least it is workable. What you want there is dreadful indeed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 01:12 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

.Posted by Hacvochound.
quote:
Wrong. We have greater knowledge than most about what's happening in the world. That's why they call us "paranoid."

They are so ignorant they hardly know the name of foreign countries let alone their political structure. Looking at UN as an invading force. The US militia aint paranoid, they are completely stupid.
When I moved to Arkansas in 1985 they(FBI) broke the Arkansas militia, the militia guys(around 30 or more) were arrested and also interviewed on TV. I heard what that group had to say and I promise you I was shocked about their lack of knowledge of the surrounding world.

Posted by Hacvochound.
quote:
I could just buy them a meal and give them some clothes and then give them a gun and teach them how to hunt

Not all countries have a wild life or the possibility for hunting, this just show YOUR lack of knowledge of other countries. And human have a instinct to hunt from birth. So in desperate times this will come back to them.

Last edited by finti on Nov 2nd, 2001 at 07:37 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 07:33 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I have to agree with Ush and fint.. What you're saying, HH, is very fashionably shocking but it doens't have much basis in reality...sorry.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:02 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'm afraid it does, Dimmy. That's why he's so scary. big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:07 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

No it doesn't..He's embraced this whole ideal of how the world should be off of this right wing dumb American attitude when there's alot more of the world out there that they're not considering nor do they really care about ...Most militia types don't know anything about the global economy or how people live in this world..they just want to fill their heads full of spy game compiracy theories.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:17 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I know that. But there's quite a number of them and they make each other believe they're right.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:23 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Sad and scary..

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

Poor HH. big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:27 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by HavocHound

US militia well there you got some gun crazy rednecks with limited knowledge of what is happening in the world."

"Wrong. We have greater knowledge than most about what's happening in the world. That's why they call us "paranoid."

so you are a member of the US military? and they agree with your thoughts? now that's scary with your bizarre thoughts of a 'perfect world' where everyone is his own master, all will be chaos in a couple of days.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 04:22 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Dont mix the US military with US or state militia. State militia are those ignorant gun crazed redneck who belive Mars is the capitol of Serbia

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 04:27 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

still scary that so many believes in that HH-talk.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 04:30 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

This reminds me of the time I was picking coffee beans in Gautemala. On the plane there, this guy (who thought he was going to France) kept telling me that Goverments should be brought down and people should govern themselves. I think his name was Kobiyashi or something. Anyway I didn't pay much attention. But a few months later when I was in America I saw his name in a newspaper.
He'd been shot dead by his 7 year old neighbour who found his fathers shot-gun.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2001 09:27 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

You picked coffee beans in Guatemala???
"Oye te libro caminantes" - Nescafè big grin smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2001 09:53 PM
HavocHound

You think you have me all figured out, but you don't. I'm a nice guy. I like doing nice things for people. But just because I'm a nice guy doesn't mean I'm submissive.

For those of you who are dependent on the State, wouldn't you rather be liberated? If we were all our own master (at least politically), then the world would be chaos - true - but only if chaos is synonymous with freedom.

Order is the goal of the tyrannical. Order is oppression. The abolishion (sp?) of society and bureaucracy is the only way to find liberation. You don't have to believe me.

Keep in mind that I can only show you the door. YOU are the one who must walk through it.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 06:54 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

roll eyes (sarcastic)
quote:
For those of you who are dependent on the State, wouldn't you rather be liberated?

I think the only one here who's relying on the state is Ush..and that's because he's got been pretty ill the last few years. he needs financial support to get by. It's not a matter of being liberated..it's a matter of health.

As for being nice..I never doubted you were a nice guy, HH..just a little misguided. So, we're just going ot have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Dim on Nov 4th, 2001 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 08:29 PM
KJ
Sausages

And living here I feel very free and very liberated. Much more so than if everyone owned guns and the world was just one big free for all where only the strong would survive. HH what you are describing is the Wild West.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 08:43 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Nobody said you are not a nice guy HH, here we go all defensive again

quote:
Order is oppression

Order is not oppression, you must obtain some sort of order or else it ends in Anarchy. Laws are orders and we need laws regardless what those redneck militia guys think.
A chain of command is order and how is the chain of command among Billy Bob and his friends out in the bush. Why do they have a leader?.. It is to obtain an order so it can excist. They got rules to go by just like society, and if they say otherwise they are a lying bunch of hicks besides the fact that they then dont have a clue about what they are talking about.

So if you are against society what the hell are you doing surfing on the net?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 08:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Thanks Dim. I guess HH didn't quite understand what I meant when I said that I CANNOT support myself... I guess he thought I was just a work-shy layabout.

Ooh! Not so far off the mark after all...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 09:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And by this enormous post count I guess we've shown we want you around, HH.

Closing.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 09:07 PM