KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Smith is ALIVE!!!

Smith is ALIVE!!!
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Shocked Smith is ALIVE!!!

This is gonna sound v. weird - but bear with me.

CONSIDER: We know that the Smith Neo fought at the end of Revo was Oracle-Smith, and not THE Smith {the big cheese from M1} that we assume was also seen during the burly brawl and hallway fight from M2, and appartment invasion from M3.

After the oracle sequence, THE Smith was not seen again. So where did he go? Did he stay and watch Neo get pounded on during the burly brawl, and then get blown up along with the other Smiths? I THINK NOT!

Think about it - surely if you have a mortal enemy {face it, THE Smith is the true nemesis of neo, more so than the clones as they have been through less} then you'll want to have a climactic battle with him yourself, instead of getting one of your minions to do it. After all, THE Smith instigated all the battles in M2.

So PERHAPS - our good friend smiddy somehow managed to hide himself away. Dare I say it, could he even have managed to jack himself out ala bane? Does he live to fight another day for M4 {even if it never happens}? And most importantly - AM I A SAD LOSER WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS?

Opinions welcome

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 08:52 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

I see what you're saying, but he was connected to all the other Smiths, so Smith is gone...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:17 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Ah but if he'd escaped to the real world, or found a way to disconnect himself from the other Smiths, then maybe, just maybe...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:40 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

But maybe he didn't....

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:48 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

BUT HE MIGHT HAVE!!!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:56 PM
Galaxian

I'm confused.. did he die, and did Neo die?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:57 PM
Galaxian is currently offline Click here to Send Galaxian a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistique

When smith took over Neo, the equasion was unbalanced, that's Smith's purpose, to equal/balance out Neo. So when Neo no longer 'existed in flesh' the Smith element could not survive, and that meant all the smiths as unknown said, they're all connected. The "Main" Smith (at the time, the Oracle-Smith) is the virus, the rest are copies of that virus, so if one dies and all of them are connected, the rest would be terminated aswell.

He had found a way to get to the real world. He took over the Trainman and the Merovingian in the end (the peope that control a link from the matrix to THE REAL WORLD) and that was what Neo was refering too - "Soon he will spread through this city just like he spread through the matrix. You cannot stop him, but I can" But before Smith could do that he had to furfill his purpose, to kill Neo. It's his obsession and before he can't do anything else, he must do things that will lead to killing Neo, killing the machines wont kill Neo. "We've been here before, you and I, you don't remember? I do, I think of nothing else"

Neo dies, but the One then returns to the source, allowing the temporary dissemination of the code he carries as mentioned by the Architect in Reloaded. This allows the matrix to be reloaded, only this time with a substantial difference: anyone who wants to leave the matrix can do, and this time Zion will not be destroyed and they can live in the 'real' world in peace.

He said he 'saw' the end, but he didn't see his own fall as a result of not seeing past his choice to kill Neo.

Last edited by Mistique on Nov 28th, 2003 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:07 PM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I agree with mistique. it doesn't matter wich smith infected the oracle, they're all the same (the smiths), they are one and the same time many. The one you fight, is the same some one else is fighting here, or the other one over there, the one singing in the rain... and so on. A virus is always the same, no matter where it is. Now when neo dies (the smith-neo) all the others die, cuz they're one.
It is different (i guess) if another smith got out of the matrix, but i don¿t think he could have, cuz there where no other humans jacked into the matrix at that time. the were all dead or fighting in zion.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:26 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistique

it's nice when people agree with you smile

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:33 PM
Mistique is currently offline Click here to Send Mistique a Private Message Find more posts by Mistique Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

yeah it's great big grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:35 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

All good points, people. I guess THE Smith couldn't have jacked out, and there really isn't a way he could have disconnected himself from the other smiths. I'm just a bit annoyed that there was no closure for THE Smith

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:36 PM
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

It could be possible that some idiot would create another Smith program and therefor would still be alive

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:46 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

it's that possible?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:58 PM
neo_dragon

THE Smith as you call him was seemingly destroyed at the end of the first movie. neo is 1, smith is negative one, 1-1=0 meaning both ceased to exist. go back and watch the movies more carefully before you come up with crackhead theories like that.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 12:27 AM
neo_dragon is currently offline Click here to Send neo_dragon a Private Message Find more posts by neo_dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Crackhead theories? That's a bit OTT. And I don't think Smith was destroyed at the end of M1 - he exploded, sure, but did not return to the source, thus was not deleted. Read through my post again - there is some logic to it...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 12:30 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ahnold> There is NOTHING – zip – nada – to indicate the original wasn’t eradicated along with the rest of the virus at the end of Revolutions. NOTHING.

The difference between Smith and Neo is the obvious one. Smith is a program, Neo is a human. Smith is not PLUGGED into the Matrix, he runs inside this bigger program. Neo however, has a physical presence outside the actual Matrix.
When the Smith virus is destroyed we do not see Neo’s digital self in the crater. That too is seemingly destroyed. 1-1=0. The equation has balanced itself out.

However: Since Neo glows, when he’s being transported away at the end of Revolutions, he still carries the anomaly (showing the Matrix was repaired, not Reloaded). If he didn’t die (which he then obviously didn’t, a code in a dead body is kinda useless) then he essentially carries the seed for another –1 should he EVER plug into the Matrix again.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 01:08 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Mistique, the Matrix WAS NOT reloaded. It was repaired.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 02:00 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Gahhh then why did they call it Reloaded.... I know why but it just can confuse people too much. They could have called it "Neo vs. Smith" or something corny like that stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 03:34 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
There is NOTHING – zip – nada – to indicate the original wasn’t eradicated along with the rest of the virus at the end of Revolutions. NOTHING

I know, I was just entertaining a theory big grin

Gee I wish there had been SOME closure for THE Smith - but I guess not. Damn you Revo!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 01:42 PM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

I was wondering...If Neo is someway merged with the Matrix or something, where is Smith? Destroyed at the end of Superbrawl? Maybe.....Or Not?

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 08:43 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote