KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » What book are you reading now?

What book are you reading now?
Started by: crazy_c

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 130 131 [132] 133 134 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Among the Wild Mulattoes by Tom Williams

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 05:26 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Just finished the Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett. Excellent fantasy series, lots of action - if you liked the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks I recommend you give the Demon Cycle a try.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 09:12 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondatjee

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 05:47 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cities of the Plain; Cormac Mccormac

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2015 08:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 01:58 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Artic Drift by Clive Cussler.

Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 8th, 2015 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 02:08 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 10:56 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 10:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 08:21 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

PWNT

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 08:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Children of Dune

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 08:34 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Cities of the Plain by Cormack McCarthy

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 08:26 PM
Shadow_King
-

When the Eagle Hunts - Simon Scarrow

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 03:12 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Pip and Flinx series by Alan Dean Foster. Loved Foster's Spellsinger books when I was a kid, so decided to give this series a try. Not bad so far, but probably aimed more at the YA market. However, it's easy reading and I love the worlds he describe.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 07:55 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Inherit the Stars; James P Hogan

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 08:16 AM
Arachnid1

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Brutal book. My jaw has dropped on a few occasions. The most recent being when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: All the students were put through the passage. Making them fight to the death letting only 50% of them survive for the next trial was phucked. Felt bad for Cassius. His little brother getting beat to death by the main character sucks. Intense section.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 04:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

God Emperor of Dune

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 01:24 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Brutal book. My jaw has dropped on a few occasions. The most recent being when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: All the students were put through the passage. Making them fight to the death letting only 50% of them survive for the next trial was phucked. Felt bad for Cassius. His little brother getting beat to death by the main character sucks. Intense section.

Great minds... big grin I just finished Red Rising and am busy with the second, Golden Son. If you think the first is hardcore you'd better hold on to your hat for the second one! Once the action starts it is relentless - I can't wait to find out what crazy shit our boy and his gang of maniacs is up to next.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2016 10:01 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Great minds... big grin I just finished Red Rising and am busy with the second, Golden Son. If you think the first is hardcore you'd better hold on to your hat for the second one! Once the action starts it is relentless - I can't wait to find out what crazy shit our boy and his gang of maniacs is up to next.
Man, you really do have the exact same taste in books as me. Its uncanny lol

Good to hear on the Golden Son ramping it up even more. I'm going to miss the current setting though. I'm starting to love their little test

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 07:58 PM