KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » how could you not love Jar Jar?!

how could you not love Jar Jar?!
Started by: HavocHound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

Goofy in space the sequal

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 07:43 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

Jar Jar's Big Adventure! big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:53 PM
Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Jar Jar, Jar Jar, Jar Jar it's all we ever talk about. sad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 06:20 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

That's true, let's talk about Bjork instead big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Oh, no. Here we go. sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:25 PM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

1 more day to get back on topic or this one goes night-night...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Goofy in space Return of the topic big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:42 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That isn't very helpfull Mr. JC Moderator type guy...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

ok... Jar Jar irritates me all he does through out the entire movie is irritating and he sounds like Roger Rabbit at times I hoped he would be blown up during the movie. Slain by Maul or some droid

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:51 PM
yerssot

he will never be killed, I'm afraid

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 09:59 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Cue the Jar Jar fans to tell everybody to stop taking him so seriously. How many times do we have to go through this? roll eyes (sarcastic) sad

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:09 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Jar-Jar was never meant to be deep or anything... He's supposed to be comic relief.

Then all of a sudden all the fanboys start jumpin' up and down and complaining beacuse they got 16 years old and Star Wars didn't grow up with them.

I wish they would just get over it! Star Wars is, after all, just a movie!!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 10:35 PM
HavocHound

Jar Jar is a digital cartoon. So what?! If you never watched cartoons at some point in your life, there's something wrong with you.

Jar Jar strikes me as more of a Looney Toon than a Disney character. Every toon fan knows Warner Brothers kicks Disney's prissy face ta Hell. After Walt died, Disney became a training camp for enviro-commies, globalists, and jack-booted government thug-supporters. Everything had to have some kind of hidden propaganda message. Disney isn't the one one, either.

Ferngully and Captain Planet are two examples of what I'm talking about. Batty was alright, even if Robin Williams is a communist system-lacky. Captain Planet has no redeeming qualities whatsoever except that some of the villians were at least quasi-creative. When I was younger, back when that crap show was on, I actually rooted for the villians. And another thing, it promotes false religion with Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth, making weak-minded kids believe the god of the universe is a black woman.

Look what political-correctness has done to the world. Thanks to the social institution of indoctrination and conditioning, Jar Jar is seen as a racist figure, which he isn't. Some system-lackies have even suggested that all the Gungans, along with other Star Wars aliens, are racist figures. If this is true (and this is hypothetical), and the Gungans really do represent Black people, then what about Jar Jar? He was banished from his own kind after all. He wasn't just banished from Otoh Gunga, he was banished from Gungankind, declared "not a true Gungan." So then, he has no kind. Therefore, he couldn't possibly represent Black people or any other race of people. Jar Jar represents the quintessential outsider - the social pariah.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:34 AM
Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Rat, I'm not saying that it didn't grow up with me, I was just saying that I don't like Jar Jar because he was mend to be funny, and in my opinion he is definitely NOT and therefor I don't like him because he tries to be funny (well GL made him that way)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 09:01 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That is a very fair comment.

If people can recognise what GL was trying to achive byt feel he failed then I can respect that.

What I can't respect is those who say that Jar-Jar had no place in Star Wars when clearly he did.

The character was there is achieve certain things, link up the Jedi with the Gungans, Link up the Naboo with the Gungans. This he did.

Not liking him because of the way he acted is a reasonable thing, but those who say he was worthless to the plot just don't get the story.

I applaud you evaluation Yerssot, it goes a long way to proving that you DID understand.smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:22 AM
finti

What Yerssot said, he totally failed to be funny.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:28 AM
yerssot

Like finti said in another thread: Belgium boy aint that smart

I don't have anything against the acting style of Ahmed Best, or the language.
If you leave the "'funny"' stuff out of it, Jar Jar is just an ordinary character that is digitally created.
Why don't people react the same way on Watto? Because he plays an ordinary role, and he does it whitout the 'funny' stuff

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:36 AM
finti

quote:
Like finti said in another thread: Belgium boy aint that smart
big grin big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:41 AM
yerssot

look who's talking...

I think being clumsy was for the antis the main reason and for the pro's also...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:52 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Maybe if it wasn't so hard to understand what Jar Jar was saying, and maybe if he wasn't so un-funny and annoying, he would of been a more likeable character. I think GL screenplay had a big part in making Jar Jar unfunny.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote