KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » the World Series

the World Series
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

the World Series

I know most of you don't give a rat crap about sports, but last night in New York it was Game 3 of the baseball World Series. Our president was there, he threw out the first pitch, and stayed for the entire game.

The Taliban didn't cause the chaos that they wanted.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:48 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know this is just asking for a lot of comments about the title 'World' series, aren't you?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No. Major League Baseball has the best baseball players in the world. No other team in the world could beat the winner.

I started this thread, because I think it's great that our President went to this game. He's assuring the American people that it's safe to go out and live your normal life.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:55 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's still asking for comments. It is a very odd definition of 'world'.

Anyway, happy that it all went well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Thats great to hear, To.

Just a quick question....who else in the *world* also plays in the *world* series? wink

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:58 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Told you...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:59 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Like I said, Major League baseball has ALL nationalities. All the teams have American sites, but a lot of the world doesn't care about baseball. And those who do, try to make it to the majors.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:00 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:00 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

. . . what a smart ass! smile

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Exactly. Most of the world doesn't care about baseball, which is why it is rather breathtaking that you call it the 'World' series. I don't remember American Football loudly trumpeting it's 'world' status.

Tradition dictates that 'world' games are played between differing countries. Baseball is the one curious exception...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:02 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Well, I like baseball. I didn't name the world series. That was done like, 100 years ago.

I just wanted to point out that our pres was there, with no bullet proof vest or anything. It was really cool to see him there.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm sure it was.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:06 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

it's kind of strange that while bush was out there showing americans that it is safe, vice-president dick chaney went to a secret place again, to secure himself.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:14 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Dick Cheney used to live 8 minutes from my house big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:33 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know that's inviting lots of 'No wonder he went to live in a bunker' comments, don;t you?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:35 PM
Tex
Yumsz

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 09:37 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Two texans in the WH, man its scary.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:33 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i watched the mets play baseball on the 3rd of july this year. although i'm a football (soccer) fan i really enjoyed the game. you could drink (even underage) and the end was quite tense. then because i turned 21 on the 4th of july i proceeded to get served in a bar by persauding the barman that because i was 21 in england at the time it would be alright to serve me boose at 11 o'clock that night. I left there at 1, went to a bar, left there at 3:30, got lost in new york in the rain and got back to my hotel room at about 5:30. excellent. got up at nine and then proceeded to walk around newyork with my head somewhere between hell and the road, no sleep, hungover and trying to talk to my parents, excellent (mr burns voice).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 12:05 AM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

All I know is that I hope the Diamondbacks win. I hate the Yankees almost as much as I hate Michael Jordan and Duke.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 12:27 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

JO, yeah. I don't hate the Yankees, I just like to see someone different win each year (unless it was the Minnesota Twins smile )

I am rooting for the Diamondbacks, too. As for Michael Jordan: buddy, know when to quit! You're 38 years old, and he's trying to come back again. Step out of the game with some dignity for God's sake! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't care for college hoops, so I have no comment on Duke.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 05:14 AM