KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Rings
Started by: mah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Lord of the Rings

holy crapper am i looking forward to this film!embarrasment at first i suspected that it would be far worse than the book ( i still don't think it will better), but the more i see of it, the more eager i am to see it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 08:07 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I want to see it, but I have no idea what it's about.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 1st, 2001 09:16 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Yeah gonna be a good one, Mah it will probably have the premiére in Florĝ 2010big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 11:30 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

you got a big mouth fintiroll eyes (sarcastic)
actually we get movies quite quick, harry potter will get to florĝ the first day in norway. as for stavanger, i don't knowbig grin

ToMacco: you have no idea what the greatest book of all time is about. Start reading boy, quick!embarrasment

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:09 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

isn't that the bible?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
the first day in norway

Is that a new day or...???? and by the way who cares about Harry Potter. where are you gonna whatch it Mah, at the local school auditoriumbig grin

The Bible is a boring adventure book, Lord of the rings is great

Last edited by finti on Nov 2nd, 2001 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 12:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the bible isn't that boring, all it needs is a couple of Lightsabres.big grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 01:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

all it needs is to be closed.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 01:41 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i'm not gonna watch harry potter, it was just to show that a good deal of films come out on premiere day in florĝ.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 02:54 PM
finti

one in a millionbig grin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 03:33 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Oh yes, everyone knows floro is the entertainment capital of Norway mah. Movies usually open in Stavanger when they reach their 10th year anniversary.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2001 05:06 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

LOTR is looking bloody MARVELLOUS, it must be said.

Christopher Lee sounds good on the trailer; hope he uses that voice in Star Wars.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 4th, 2001 06:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

It premieres 19 of december world wide, why cant AOTC do the same in May, lame bastards.mad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 09:03 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I saw the trialer for LOTR and it looks sooooo kewl. It should be better than the last poor half animated effort. smokin'

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 10:23 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey, I thought that was pretty good.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 06:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

noooooooo, they missed out so many parts of the book. crappy, crappy stuff i tell you!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 06:33 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Middle Earth has a place in my heart as much as Star Wars has, hence I will read and (usually) enjoy anything related to it. That's why I read EU books, just to get a SW fix. smokin'

The new LOTR does look a vast improvement on the last one, thats all Ush. big grin

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 01:33 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That I will grant you.

Mah, the cartoon film didn;t miss mcuh more than the new one does; it was pretty darn faithful, all things considered.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 06:10 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i can't agree with that, as a tolkien-fan i think it was quite bad.
not everything is good with the new one, though, after what i have heard they are going to not include the whole scene with Tom Bombadil in the forest.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 08:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As a Tolkien fan I loved it.

Good Lord no, no adaptation has ever included Tom Bombadil, and with good reason!

Also Radagast is missing in both versions, the Ford scene is different, a lot of the early material is cut... please tell me where you think the old was was particualarly deficient compared to the new one?

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2001 08:54 PM