KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'

USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'

FULL ASSIGNMENT DETAILS

Assignment Name: Ghost Hunt.

Objective: To locate Captain Jericho and the rest of the crew of the Bounty.

Details: A vitally important Zion operation was recently compromised in action and the team involved was lucky to escape without casaulties. The failure of this mission has de-railed our current counter-strategy against the machines and ruined monts of surveillance work.

The failure of the mission was caused by the unforseeable presence of another team of Rebels- that of Captain Jericho and his team from the Bounty. THis team was attempting the same objective in competition to our own and this clash alerted the system to our presence.

That Jericho's team was there without permission is not the most unsual thing. That they are there at all, considering that the Bounty was destroyed with all hands six months ago, most certainly is.

Jericho was one of our most senior and valued Captains and his team- Medea, Tyr, Loomis and his first officer Khali- constituted an elite operations force, perhaps our best. Their loss was a serious blow to our struggle. Now this simple tragedy has turned into a deep mystery. Either Jericho and his crew are not dead, or something extremely odd is going on.

Either way, that this situation has already casued the failure of one of our vital missions demonstrates that accurate information about this situation is essential- one way or another, something like this must not happen again.

Your mission is simply to locate Jericho and his team. After that, the situation must be analyzed- if they can be negotiated with and an answer found do so. Should they prove hostile, however, the Council agrees that termination of this problem is preferable to leaving it be for the dubious and uncertain benefits of finding out what has happened. The safety of operations launched from Zion comes before answers- but get answers of you can.

COMMENTS- by Locke

"This situation has created an inevitable amount of speculation and wild theory, You know my opinions on such things. I know the Matrix is an odd place but I will not accept extreme suggestions of answers unless they are backed by solid evidence.

"We have two main options. The first is that Jericho is not dead, and that by extension that the Bounty has not been destroyed. This certainly fits the facts we have before us. Unfortunately, this question raises more problems than it answers.

"Why would Jericho fake the death of his ship and crew? What could he- and they- possibly gain from it? How was he capable of doing so? The destruction of the Bounty was confirmed by the Hammer at the time. They found its wreckage and the shells of Sentinels killed with an EMP blast during a chase. Our analysts suggest that faking of such a situation is possible, but doing it without genuinely alerting the machines would render it ludicrous.

"The questions get still worse the more we look at this situation. Where are his crew getting food and water from? Where is his ship getting power from? All of our ships have to regularly return to Zion for recharge. It is one of our greatest liabilities that we have been unable to remove. We would be interested in knowing an alternative.

"Perhaps most galling of all- if this is the given situation, how could they stay alive without regular intelligence updates from Zion and other ships? How do they evade sentinels? Most critically of all- how can they have found a broadcast point that is not only safe from Sentinel activity, but that we in Zion do not know the existence of either?

"From what we know, these problems are insoluble. However, the alternative is, if anything, worse.

"The alternative is that the Bounty was indeed destroyed, yet Jericho and his team are still there. One such option involves these not being the people we once knew, but simulations of them in the MAtrix using their RSIs. Intelligence can think of no possible benefit this would bring the Machines or why they would be doing what they seemed to be doing when observed- this included trying to steal information from the system and mtaking aggressive action against an Agent.

"Another option involves Jericho's crew somehow being still alive in the Matrix after physical death. I would remind people that this is impossible for two reasons. First, without your brain you have no mind and cannot survive in or out the Matrix. Secondly, alive or not, without somewhere to broadcast into the Matrix from, you cannot exist within it. You cannot become 'trapped' in there, by any means.

"Other equally objectionable scenarios exist. It seems we have a choice between many impossibles. It is for exactly this reason that we are sending you on this mission. It is my recommendation that you assume Jericho and his ship are indeed still intact and find out why this is possible, rather than assuming the even more ludicrous other options. Some of you may not agree- as I say, I will want evidence before I believe different.

"Because of the extreme mystery surrounding this situation, and that we have no clues or starting points, I have agreed with the recommendation from Captains Dallas and Marduk about how to start.

"You shall consult the Oracle."

SPECIAL RULES:

Normal Mission: This is a normal mission. There are no special rules. You must obey bulk and weight rules as normal. I wouldn't normally bother saying this, but this is the first normal misison you have had!

ESTIMATED DANGER LEVEL: Medium. Which means they have no idea; Matrix life can be dangerous but you are not going to attack a System base, or something.

TIPS:

As you may have noted, this is not a specific situation but a general 'thing' during which 'other things' will develop. So be ready for all possibilities.

Listen to what the Oracle says. And if you think that is a 'duh'... there IS reason for me to say that.

You are not limited- save by Bulk and Weight- about what weapons you can take, so make sure you are covered for all eventualities you want to be able to deal with.

ROLES:

None. However, you may wish to designate people to do the talking, or have people with pre-assigned roles (e.g. 'Burn, you stand at the back and shoot the crap out of anything hostile that comes my way") as time goes by.

If you have any questions, ask me.

I have a question for you. You cannot ALL go to see the Oracle- you would not fit., Therefore I want an Oracle visting 'team' of a number you think is appropriate. You can argue that out amongst yourselves.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 11:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Walks over towards the Shez.
"I'm ready to go"
when I see Ariadne I ask her:"Do you know how Dallas actualy made captain?"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:02 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

About the Oracle

Some work has alreayd been done in the Zion thread about who goes and who does not. Here are some tips from me.

- There will be no fighting going on whilst visiting the Oracle. SO you do not need to make a tacitcal plan

- I would say about six people going to see her is a reasonable max

- There should be at least one representative from each ship

- At least one Veteran would be nice. Not necessary but it tracks well.

- Not everyone who goes will actually be spoken to by the Oracle, I am afraid.

- This is a REALLY obscure thing but it represents some pre-knowledge from me... if you are worried about making it up to people feeling left out whilst the others consult the Oracle, then for a more even distribution of players throughout this Assignment then it might help if players who carry guns go see her. Again, that is just a suggestion, not a necessity, and it quite obscure.

- Celsius HAS to go, as we will see in a mo.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:02 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ok, if we break up the guns and MA, and then break up the vets, i see this...

I Mors Rade Burn Virus Celsius Cloud
II Fire Ares Heff Castor San Coeus

Team I is Oracles, II is in a cafe across the street

EDIT: I changed this to reflect Ush's commentary...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Last edited by JediHDM on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:19 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Aboard the Shez...

Gleaming new engines in place, the Shez glides towards its download position.

"Well, you guys had better make up your mind who wants to go..." says Dallas.

Ariadne talks to you quietly, Fire.

"What, as in yuo are wangering if he won it in a competition, or something?" she says, smiling. "Send in ten tokens and become a Captain? Heh... no, he was commissioned by the Council. He had a good record."

-

The crew of the Percy...

As before, you are already in the Matrix. Marduk has returned half his crew to their observation duty, but the other half are on this mission, under Celsius (though again, the Assignment as a whole remains a Shez operation).

For this specific part, he has sent Celsius and whatever other Percy people post for this first part.

Celsius, your orders are simple. You are to go to the Oracle's apartment, and find out if it is all clear for the Shez crew to come make their rendezvous.

(again, we'll do loadout for you all a bit later)

Right now, Celsius, you are at the intercom on the outside of the apartment building, needing to buzz in.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:19 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

*I walk up behind Fire and Ariadne* "How much longer till we get there? And where is the Percy crew right now? How they doing?"

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:34 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Whispers back:"What do you mean had a good record?"

"good but I'd change Castor or Rade by Ares or Burn"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:34 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Percy crew prolly is already with the oracle, or close to it, and I have no idea how long it is till we reach broadcast depth"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 12:38 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ariadne shrugs.

"Successful missions, I guess," she says. "We're waiting for a call from the Percy to move in."

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 01:03 AM
Castor
Castor, Natural

Castor had a bag full of his things. He placed the bag in his room on the ship and walked to the main deck to see Ariadne speaking.

He nodded to her and looked around at the improvements to the craft.

"She looks good, you do good work." Castor seldomly said anything, esspecially compliment wise so it was definately a sincere gesture.

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Last edited by Castor on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 01:51 AM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You've already left, Castor.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:02 AM
Castor
Castor, Natural

(I understand that a certain amount fo vets have to go, and that celcius has to go but why the rest of the people are only gun experts is beyond me?)

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:14 AM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:21 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"you wanna buzz in or shall I"
(do i get to describe my car now, do i , huh, do i?? cmon let me!!)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 02:28 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(As first mate on the Shez, I should like to see the Oracle.)

"I should know, Fire, I was once a Captain. Didn't end well, as you all know, but I was at one point..." Mors says, overhearing the conversation. "Anyway, we should probably get this over with. Captain Jericho was a friend of mine, and why the hell his crew is in the Matrix if he's supposed to be dead is beyond me. Thank god we have the Oracle..."

Mors rubs the hilt of the katana at his belt. His veteran's item, he had found it on the surface somewhere near what had once been Tokyo. It has how people easily recognized him.

"Ariadne, what do you think of this? This whole...ghost hunt..."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 05:45 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

"I should like to see the Oracle, but if you prefer it, I'll drive instead," Heph offers. "Wherever you think I am most useful."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 06:18 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Mors and Celsius get Oracle priviledges by default...other than that, it is up for grabs, and, although i would love to see the Oracle, it is not necessary for me too, if there is someone else...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 06:31 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

"Are you OK man?" Cloud asks Celsius, "You almost died before. We can't lose the Percy's first mate now can we?"

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:14 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

"I'll be fine, Cloud, thankyou. Keep yourself focused on the mission at hand."
*I straighten up my long leather trench coat, and push the buzzer*.....

(Carrying Light Machine Pistol: Ingrams Mac 10. with 4 clips. Sunnies. Cell phone.)

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Dec 3rd, 2003 at 09:08 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 08:48 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

(well..you're not IN the amtrix yet)

so...guess you're gonna have to flip a coin about those who see the oracle, ush..

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 10:43 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote