KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'

USH'S MATRIX GAME: SECOND ASSIGNMENT: 'Ghost Hunt'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « First ... « 84 85 [86] 87 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Asidd from the third... which was evident... how do you reach your first two conclusions?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 12:42 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

1) He's not a program because you said that the Agents wanted him more than us

2) He knows about the rebels/matrix because he knows Jerico, sent him in the USB mission, and knows enough to "matix proof" his hideout

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 12:50 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

1. That's not a direct logical following, and not just because I said it was Jericho's team they wanted more. Can you actually say definitively that the System is only possibly interested in stopping humans? What if the Merovingian went after those codes, would they just let him?

2. Well, you don't know why he sent Jericho on that mission, maybe it WAS conventional. Still, there is something odd about his lair. But doesn;t that contrast with him not being a programme? No Coppertop can do that, and he is not one of you.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:10 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

fine he IS a damn program!

this is precisly why I am not in the philoshophy path

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:23 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh heck, I am not SAYING he is... I am just pointing out the difficulty of clear-cut assumptions.

What do your instincts tell you?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:25 AM
Peach
mordrem

That this whole thing is confusing as hell? stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:37 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yay! I'll just go get you the next thing to beat up, shall I?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:42 AM
Fire

he's a program of some sort I think

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:42 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Shut up Ush, just because I'm on the non-philosophy path doesn't mean I can't think for myself...remember that I started out on the philo path and decided to change for a little change of pace...

I think the only way he could be a program is if he's some kinda renegade program, because otherwise it wouldn't really make sense.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:48 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course you can think for yourself! You can think about whether to Kick or Jump of the Grasshopper that next bad guy!

(runs away)

If a renegade, what is his nature?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:50 AM
Peach
mordrem

...as I ignore your dumbass comment...

If he was a renegade, he could be kinda like the Oracle or Seraph, trying to help the rebels in his own way, which could explain why he sent Jericho and his crew out to steal the codes. OR he could have somehow found out about our assignment to steal them, and sent Jericho to stop us and try to get the codes themselves, or to just try and hinder us.

*sits back and waits for Ush to poke holes through both my theories*

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:54 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Let us assume for the moment that Melitus is a friendly programme.

What the hell is Jericho up to, if that is so?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 01:55 AM
Peach
mordrem

Gimme a sec and I'll come up with an answer for you.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(gives a sec)

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:31 AM
Peach
mordrem

Okay, how's this. Jericho is somehow running his own operations and needs the machine security codes. Dunno how that'd work into the story, but it could be a possibility.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But it appears that it was Melitus who wanted the codes rather than Jericho. Something he clarly wanted in competition with you people

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

Well, the possibility of Jericho and his crew being trapped in the Matrix has been brought up, right? Maybe this is indeed what's going on and Melitus has dangled the offer of a way out in front of Jericho and Jericho's working for him to try and get Melitus to tell him how to leave the Matrix and go back to the Real World.

Wow, that's a damn long sentence.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:40 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In that case, where is the Bounty? And how are are the physical bodies being maintained?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 02:55 AM
Peach
mordrem

The Bounty could be somewhere on the broadcast level, tucked away in a corner or a mechanical line or something where it'd be really hard for them to be found, and their operator could be maintaining the crew's physical bodies.

Or...they made a deal like Cypher did to be plugged back into the Matrix...but that would kinda not work with the whole Agents being more after them than us during the first assignment. It is a possibility I think should be brought up though.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 03:11 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Several objections to that scenario.

The Bounty would have to be using a broadcast point that neither you nor the System knows of. Unlikely

The Bounty was on a test run when (supposedly) destroyed and was not carrying operators.

In any case, they would by now have run out of food, water and power.

And yes, they are clearly working AGAINST the System in some capacity.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 03:13 AM