KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Monsters, Inc.

Monsters, Inc.
Started by: ToMacco

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Monsters, Inc.

I was disapointed by this movie. I wasn't expecting much, but it wasn't funny like Toy Story or Shrek.

But I must admit, I couldn't pay attention to the first 30 minutes of the show, because I was in awe of the SW trailer. I had looked forward to that for so long, and it was over so quickly. I couldn't keep a thought in my head for hours after that.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I could only hear Vaders breathing. And Obi-wan mysteriously suspended in that mist. And the look of distress on Yoda's aging face. And Anakin and Obi-wan, running towards the screen, holding their lightsabers. Ben with blue, Ani with green.

Monsters, Inc. had a good idea, though. It just seemed like they through it together, a little bit. One thing I did like was the very end of the movie. The last shot of the movie made me smile. Once you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 02:31 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

It wasn't as good as Toy Story, but it was a good movie. I though it was really funny, and very sweet and endearing. I liked that last shot too. I really liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: scene towards the end where their hanging on to the door and it takes them in to that huge factory with all the conveyer belts That was really kewl.cool

Old Post Nov 5th, 2001 07:01 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yes, but the rest of the movie was bunk.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 02:06 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yes, I kind of see what you mean. I myself was expecting at least one stray monster breasteek! smokin'

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 04:06 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

laughing out loud
Hmm, I'm not quite sure how to respond to that one.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 6th, 2001 05:18 AM
Dim
Creativity

I don't think Pixar does breasts..

I thought Monsters was better than Toy Story..The kid was adorable..lots of funny stuff..I think you guys were dazed from the trailer laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 10th, 2001 01:55 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I was dazed. That little bird clip before the movie, I wasn't paying any attention too. Everyone in the theator was laughing at it, and I off in my own little world.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 11th, 2001 05:53 AM
Tex
Yumsz

That little bird clip was funnier then Monsters Inc.rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 14th, 2001 03:53 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Yeah, Monsters Inc. sucked.sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 15th, 2001 08:21 AM
Tex
Yumsz

No it didn'troll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2001 04:16 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You suck.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 16th, 2001 07:15 AM
Tex
Yumsz

yo greasy grannystick out tongue big grin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2001 07:18 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Quit changing your avatar. Or at least put some Bob Dylan into your rotation.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 16th, 2001 07:22 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Pfftroll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2001 07:27 AM
Padawan_Learner
The Learner who is Master

I actually found the film to be very well done. Maybe because it did much better than my expectations, for I had no high hopes for the film. I only watched it for the Breathing Trailer to begin with anyway...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2001 06:33 PM
Padawan_Learner is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan_Learner a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan_Learner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That's how I got suckered into itsad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 18th, 2001 09:43 PM
Padawan_Learner
The Learner who is Master

Yeah, but the film turned out great anyway.

I liked the Forbidden Love Trailer much better though.

PL

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 05:28 PM
Padawan_Learner is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan_Learner a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan_Learner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

monsters inc was one of the best movies of the year, it was much much more creative then shrek as far as the story line goes. shrek was more of a modification on the beauty and the beast story line i thought. not to mention the great chemestry between boo and sully which was the best part of the movie.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 02:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

BackFire349- I do agree that the relationship between the small child and John Goodman's character was the best part of the movie. But I also think it was the only part of the movie that was good.

It simply wasn't as good at the Toy Story films, or even Shrek. The plot seemed to revolve around how cute the small child was, and not on the monsters, as the title of the film promised.

Billy Crystals character was completely wasted. I found the little green one eyed bastard to be not funny, but annoying. He was always complaining about stuff. Crystals talants were wasted, here.

To be honest, I think the only part of the film I liked was the last shot. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: When Goodman came through the new door, and boo recognized him, it really did make me smile So the film was effective in it made me emotional in the last shot.

But overall, the movie was cluttered. And there were scenes that could be really scary for children.

I only give it two stars out of four.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 05:30 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

since i work at a theater i have seen this movie 9 times .i love this movie i havent cryed like that since i saw requirm for a dream .i love everypart of this film . its funny emotionally involving great characters i cant say how much i love this movie .

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 07:41 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote