KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » upcoming final fantasies

upcoming final fantasies
Started by: sith_darth_jay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

upcoming final fantasies

hey check it out

this are the new FF coming out next year

http://www.ff12.com/

and

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/ffx2inter/

they are in japanese, but worth watching

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 03:50 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

honestly I think 12 is going to be it.... I mean can you imagine : Final Fantasy 37...

I sure as hell cant, that'd be disgraceful. Square needs a new franchise to put them on the map. I would suggest a fighting game genre or something Fighting/Rpg like bouncer but years better. 12 is thier last dying hope for ff to be revived, and it wont work. X-2 is ok, but im sure people only got it to look at yuna become a pop-****. I'm more concerned with what happened to tidus.

Overall FF series has gone down the toilet. make something new, square!

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 09:09 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I can imagine it into the twenties. I say ditch the numbers and give 'em names.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 10:18 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

please... ditch numbers and give names.... they need to make a choice... onlin or off........

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 12:48 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

both online and offline games are great, it depends on the mood of the player, online gaming is just taking off.

as for the new games... yeah they should start changing the names, but each game is unique, they're rpg, but their battle and upgrade sistem are different.

square has tried with fighting games and other genders but they haven't had the success they have with FF, that's why they keep makin them

look at KH, that game is awesome, but it borrows something from FF, but the game is on its way to become the next square saga.

i honestly can't wait for FF12 and KH2, but in the midtime, i just bought FF X-2 today, and i'm gonna enjoy it

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 01:13 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think Final Fantasies will stay around for a long time...they are just so damn popular, I can't picture them stopping the series while it's so popular and while it still makes them the majority of their money.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 02:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i say it ends on 24.... just my opinion... then prolly some new technology comes out then they revive it and then it ends on like 90... lol.. im jus guessing..... i have no clue whatsoever....

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 05:26 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott

the final fantasy line will never end. as long as there is a corrupt psycho bent on destroying the world, a dude whith an awesome sword and a guy named cid

vive la final fantasy

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 03:55 PM
scott is currently offline Click here to Send scott a Private Message Find more posts by scott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

what they need to do is burn all remaining copies of those illconcieved mindless pieces of junk. turn based fighting=super gay. i tried playing them a couple times and after about 3 minutes of the same boring crap i wanted to gouge my own eyes out. make a real game, something with challenge to it. if its about the story then make a movie.
sorry to rant but i think we are all a little dumber for having been exposed to it.
other than that they are awesome. long live ff

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:14 PM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

blink k....

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 09:29 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Final fantasy isnt going to end just because it holds a high number to it's newest installment. FF has been around since NES. It has been very very popular, breaking numbers, through NES, super NES, PS1, PS2. Of course its gonna stick around. It has to many fans, and to many possibilities. If the stories were inter connecting instead of being a totally different story then yeah 12 may be a little much. There always different stories, anything is popular. i am a fan, however if FF chooses to be a sole online gaming expierence i would never play the games again. I have enjoyed solo play and expierence for 8 years now, i like how there is a set story and path, and i have to make my way there, besides i dont want to pay extra money to play a game i just paid 50$ buying

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 10:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well.. if there were "too many possibilities" they really should start taking heed to those possibilities and making something groundbreaking. Instead they try to drop peoples jaw with saying ff12 is in the world of final fantasy tactics, making a sequel to ffx, and an online game. All very nice gestures, but obviously more for the love of making money than the love of making games, which, when push comes to shove is what makes a video game good.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:47 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

it's not there job to make groundbreaking games. It's there job to make Good games. the Final fantasy franchise has done groundbreaking many times. When games TRY to be groundbreaking they turn out to be shit. Groundbreaking games come from people who just try and make good games.

FF has some of the most intriguing and deep characters. On top of a diverse battle platform along with everything else included in these games like customization, and side quests.This gives FF an original feel from all other console RPG's, and a fan loyalty that is earned only with entertaining games. These games change a little bit each time. Improving from the last. This should prove they are trying to make a good well rounded game that fans will like. Instead of dumping everything fans love about final fantasy, and starting on a different path in gamming, they change a bit each time gradually taking fans into new territory. If you dont think square takes risks, look at their last three games, FFX was done in a new battling system which was very much improved, X-2 was their first sequal to a story, with different battle system, and XI was online. So yes Square soft are trying new things for the future, but doing it in a way to include the fans

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 02:41 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

FF will be around for a long time, the only thing they have in common is the name (well, there's the summons, chocobos, moogles and other stuff... and Cid) everything else is different.

sure you have your favorite (FF7, FF5 and so on) but that's just your favorite story, four favorite fantasy, each new FF comes with improvement, whether it's the battle system, customize system, graphics, and playing (on or offline)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 04:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

1. Love the sig, Sith Darth Jay. Lenne kicks arse.

2. I love Final Fantasy. I've been playing it since I was little. The storylines are great, the character development is unlike anything ever done in a video game. I like how Square's been going into new ground while doing Final Fantasy - ie how in FFX they tossed away much of the 'traditional' parts of FF (like the ATB, leveling up, etc.), doing an online FF, and a sequel to an FF. Personally, I think that if any Final Fantasy deserved a sequel, it's FFX. The ending was very open, and people wanted closure.

And for the people who criticize FFX-2, here's the real story about it. Square decided to do it because when they had released FFX International in Japan, they had included an extra video called "Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm" that had taken place 2 years after the ending of FFX, and was about how Yuna and Wakka and Rikku and everyone was living out their lives after the end of Sin. Kimahri found a sphere and gave it to Rikku, that had a video of a guy who looked like Tidus (but is actually Shuin) trapped in a prison. Rikku wants to look for him, and Yuna chooses to go with. Rikku decided that Yuna needed to go undercover, and picked out Yuna's new outfit ^_^ (but of course you don't see this new outfit in the video). Once FFX International with this video was released, so many fans were asking for a sequel that they agreed to do it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 05:07 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hehe remorse, I think with all the talent they have, all that expensive software and motioncapture stages, the hundreds of servers and computers, they can do groundbreaking many times over, and not even have to try on top of that. Theres way over 100 people on every ff credit list (at least to the credits I've seen). Im not criticizing ffx-2, for gods sake I own it, but I know squaresoft is better than this, I really do.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 08:03 AM
boxofdeath
Restricted

Account Restricted

i got some inside info, and ff 14 is gonna be huge!!! its going to be the most ground breaking game in the history of gaming as we know it!!! it will revoltionize crappy rpgs as we know them today. monotonous turn based fighting and cliche stories will never be the same!!! chcobos, thankfully, were unharmed in the process. i, for one, am so excited i could punch my mama!!!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 09:16 AM
boxofdeath is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
octapushunter

what's a "chcobos"?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 07:00 PM
octapushunter is currently offline Click here to Send octapushunter a Private Message Find more posts by octapushunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm pretty sure he meant 'Chocobos'.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 02:16 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

trynity matrix> wink thanks

... but. i haven't finished FF X-2 and you just spoiled for me, i didn't finish reading your post because of that, plz use spoiler tags from now on. (i'm not mad at you, but you made me a lil' cranky)

i saw some pics from eternal calm, but i thought that was included in ff x-2, man, and i have the oportunity to buy the international version instead of the US version, man i was so dumb

Last edited by S_D_J on Dec 9th, 2003 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 01:50 AM