KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » upcoming final fantasies

upcoming final fantasies
Started by: sith_darth_jay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

What I posted wasn't really a spoiler, it's pretty common knowledge, and you can't see that video unless you got the Official Playstation Magazine that had a demo of FFX-2 in it. It really has nothing to do with FFX-2 except how Yuna and Rikku set out on their 'quest', it was meant to be more of an epilogue to FFX. Seeing Eternal Calm won't spoil FFX-2 in any way, but'll actually help understand it better ^^; And the only way you'd be able to play the International Version is if you 1) had a modded PS2 or 2) had a Japanese PS2.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

My subscription ran out last issue before that... DAMMIT! Why couldn't it be renewed to get the frikin demo mad mad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:22 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Heh, I had to go to like...three different stores before I found it ^^;;;

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 02:36 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The final Fantasy games have been slipping lately. FF9 was great, arguably the best one since 6, but 8 was so mundane and mediocre that it didn't even feel like a final fantasy game, tried way to hard to change things that worked so well in teh other games, it ended up just complicatin itself.

FF10 was pretty good, but the removal of an explorable world map was simply absurd, since that was my favorite part of those games. Leveling up on the map was always nice, plus it was a nice break from all the dungeons.

FF11 is fun, but it's more like everquest then a Final Fantasy game, the only thing it has in common with other FF games is chocobo's, mogs and gil, along with the music.

I think the FF series needs to get back to their roots and stop trying to change so many aspects of the genre, that's what made FF9 so damn good, it was like the old ones, without any wierd gimmicky level system, no wierd magic system, and characters that were all very easy to differentiate and care for.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 06:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

trinity>the eternal calm video, is not in any way a spoiler, i haven't seen it but i saw some pictures, i didn't know that it came in a demo with the PSM, good to know.

About the spoiler, i didn't finish reading your post (i still haven't), i just got to the part where you wrote the name of the tidus' looking guy, i didn't wanna know that, until I see it in the game.

about FFX int, i can play any game in my console (NTSC-UC,- J, PAL in black and white tough) and didn't want to buy the japanese version, cuz of the... well, it felt weird, now i regret it...i play FFX-2 two weeks after the japanese realese, but i didn't buy it at the time, cuz of the language.

i didn't wanna wait until the FFX-2 int came out cuz i wanted to play it right away.

Backfire> i agree with you, FF9 was more like the old ones (square made it that way intensionally, there was a mixed feeling from the fans towards FF8, that's why they decided to go back to basic), but i enjoyed FF8 a lot.

the only thing i didn't like about FFX was the world map, without it, the game felt more like a lineal story, with not much room for you to feel free in it, but it was in anyway great. i hope the map is back in FF12

i haven't played FFXI

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:48 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZackStrifeFF7AC

ahhh FF XII looks really lame, the main character typical dude with blonde hair and typical chick with brown hair, jeez ppl 12 gonna flop, well i said that about 10 so i dunno

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:46 AM
ZackStrifeFF7AC is currently offline Click here to Send ZackStrifeFF7AC a Private Message Find more posts by ZackStrifeFF7AC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The problem with final fantasy 8 was that it was too complicated for it's own good in teh story department. They through too many twists at us and all that did was simply distance me from the main characters, since too much time was spent on said twists then character development. (Who the end boss is isn't revealed untill about 1 hour before you fight her, good work morons)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol... I dont think ff 12 will flop. It looks very nicely designed. LOL @ your "the main character typical dude with blonde hair and typical chick with brown hair" comment though zack, I mean, arent you also throwing dirt on final fantasy 7 by saying that?

12 seems like it will have a living world, different races, bustling cities. I guess it promises to be like a single player mmorpg'ish type world or something. The designs look fresh and sortof backto the roots, in terms of the paintings that i've seen.

final fantasy 8 blew, nuff said. dunno why people sweat it though, the only thing that made it look good was the freshly developed emotion engine used for the facial expressions. other than that 8 was hot garbage on a hot august day wink

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:37 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

well, i liked FF8, it was the first ff i played in my life (and the first rpg, for that matter) it just hated FF, cuz i never played it, i thought all RPG's were dumb and boring, until a friend of mine gave me the game and i played it, and eventually, came lo love RPG's

i hope that FF12 is better than the last two games, it promises a lot and i really hope it has a wolrd map again

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:26 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

FF8 was the first one I had really played (I'd played FF before then, but that was playing FF1 when I was 4 years old and had no clue what I was doing...) and it's one of my favorites, right up there with FFX. I liked the story because it had so many twists (heh, so did FFX, actually...).
FFIX I couldn't stand. Maybe it was because I started it after playing FFVIII and FFX, so the cartoony-ness of the character really bothered me, plus the battles just took FAR too long to get through. Maybe someday I'll get back to that game, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

And the main girl from FFXII, Ashe, reminds me too much of FFX-2 Yuna.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 01:41 AM
S_D_J
Bane

yes, she does look a lot like yuna... but what zack said is true... lately every FF has a blonde dude, who's the main character, the lead girl has brown hair, and there's always a sephiroth clone

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 01:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

lol yeah it's kinda true too.

...why can't there be a female Final Fantasy lead character with RED hair? It would make my love of cosplaying Final Fantasy characters a lot easier...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 06:07 PM