KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Oracle Predictions thread.

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Oracle Predictions thread.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Oracle Predictions thread.

Ok, here I shall be keeping track of what everyone's Oracle's predictions are, for reference. I won't be making it sticky, though, so if you are interested in these I suggest you mark this thread for reference!

Here is what we have so far:

Burn: "Don't doubt your skills, because the time when it seems they are worthless, will be the time when you will need them the most."

Ares: "You will have to make a choice of life and death, and the result will not be what you expect."

Heph: "Your fiery personality will lead to the deaths of many, but in the end, you will be a savior for some."

Rade: "One day you are going to make a choice, and the choice will be the right one. But the effect won't be what you thought it was going to be..."

Coeus: Appearances can be deceiving, but it is up to you to choose her life, or your own

Cloud: "There will be an event, and when it happens you must choose to help yourself, or your friends."

Fire: "At a great moment of your life, you'll have to find out the difference between Illusion and Reality"

These ones have all been cleared and are fine. Some of them, however, have been ruled 'harsh'. If anyone does want to change them, it will have to be done pretty soon because these things will be going into the plot before long.

Then, we have some question marks:

Mors: "You will gain great respect for great accomplishements, but in the end, you will take the fall for what you believe in."

This one is cleared fine, though it seems more suited to the Philosophy path. More to the point, I am unsure if Mors wantesd to change. He made a new one, but that was too specific. Are you sticking with this one, Mors? If so, I need to know what you believe in, which is why it worked better on Philo... maybe a new one would be better?

Virus: (none). We were still working on making a final one for you, Phoe, and we never got around to it!

Celsius: (none). I am afraid your suggested one was more like general advice than a prediction, Kosta. I'll need another.

San and Castor: (pending) I am afraid yours are still awaiting some checks. At this point, I would say that Castor's may be considered anti-social (as it almost certainly invovles other players dying), which does not rule it out but should be considered. San's looks ok but it may be truncated a bit.

The general rules on the Oracle predictions are in the Character Creation thread still. But does anyone want to ask questions or advice about this? This is the thread in which to do it...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 4th, 2003 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 07:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

At one time, when the odds seem stacked against you, you will learn, that they are greateky in your favor

(Is this ok?)

What is this I don't even

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 04:01 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I kinda like that one, but I'm trying to even out the combat from the Philosophy.

"You will gain great respect for your accomplishments, but while guilt may stalk your past, you must leave it behind for the good of your friends."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 04:51 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, gimme a little time to run those over.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 11:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I think it fits the character better, now that I've worked up the whole thing about Mors being a Captain and losing his ship to Sentinels.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:06 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

These are being analyzed now... get back to you soon. I think there may be one or two problems.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 06:30 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok then guys...

Now, we actually have a few problems here. (I may even end up going back over the originals as well...). A lot of wehat is being said is really just general advice or helpful comments. I do have to specify that these are direct predictions of something that WILL happen.

-

Ok, Mors, we have a big vagueness problem here. For a start, there is no direct link between the first and second half. It breaks down as follows:

A) I'm going to do something great that everyone will
B) I will feel guilty about something I have done
C) But thats OK as I'll get over it to help my friends

This might work well in a book, but role-playing wise it looks more like a get-out-of-jail card for your past mistakes.

The trick is, we cannot help thinking this one can work well but it is a matter of approach. So the alterations made are:

1. Drop the reference to accomplishments. They do not directly affect the rest and to say it to a hero like you is like predicting you will wear shades.

2. Make the middle the start, and make it lead to a choice. We suggest:

"Though you feel guilty about your past, there will be a time when you must chose between coming to terms with that past, or being of benefit to others."

This makes it a choice between personal gain- helping yourself- or social gain- helping others. Your one made it seem certain things would be fine- now there is difficulty involved and it works much better for the game.

-

Celsius, the problem with yours again is that it is unimpressive in a roleplay sense- all you can do is wait for things to turn crappy and then get good again, which frankly can happen half a dozen times each Assignment. So we'll need a new one.

-

Barbarossa has:

"You may be full of rage and anger, but you must push that aside to reach your goals."

Unfortunately this is disqualified as too vague- it does not seem to t refer to any predicted event. Furthermore, without any good idea of what 'goals' are it is not much use- the Oracle would tell you far more of what she is talking about. An example of a more specific use would be:

"Your rage and anger will seal your doom."

Don't use that one- it will kill you- but that is an exmaple of a simpler and more direct use of your concept.

-

San...

"You will have to make a choice, between your past and your future, and failing to let go of your past may cause you to not have a future."

We must admit to being slightly baffled by what you really meant by yours... we note a lot of people do not like their past. A man is the sum of his memories, you know!

With a little re-gigging it should work, because the base of it is fine. I donl;t know much ABOUT your past, of course. However, if we losr the second half, and make it just:

"You will have to make a choice, between your past and your future."

How does that sound? For me it is better as it makes no assumptions about what is good and what is bad (yours made it clear that past is bad. This way we get more role-playing as you don;t KNOW which way to go)

-

Castor-

The prophecy will be fulfilled. You will make a difference. Those
closest to you may die but your survival will tip the balance
of this war. Your natural ability will either be your downfall or your
liberation."

The others dying is too conditonal, so we will strip that out, and we will probably strip out the difference making part like we did with the accomplishments with Mors- I pretty much assume you guys will make a difference or it is not worth playing!

We also think the end should be twiddled to have an implicit downside to failure. So, the re-done version, pretty much just keeping the last line (which was the important bit) goes:

"You must have faith in your ability, or you will fail to make the difference that you can."

-

Phew! Ok, you guys there, tell me what you think.

The rest of you, don't panic, I won't tear any of your predictions down., just we may want them tweaked to work better in the game, is all. We shall see.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 07:18 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Alright, I like the reworded prediction that you wrote, Ush. I'll go with that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good good...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 09:40 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

why am i the only one with positive predictions,
everyone's either gonna die or fail misrebly

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 12:34 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ok, my reworked one makes more sense...right now, anyway, I'm in the process of righting a story about San's past ^^

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 01:01 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

BAH! Who ever thought that sounding smart would be so hard mad

Working on a new one now....

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 01:57 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Okies. I'll be unconventional

"You will free your younger brother from the matrix. Before now, you did not know of him."

Still to vague?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 02:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Sounds a little out there, but meh...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 04:16 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

The TRUTH is out ther Rex, THE TRUTH!!!!

I had to say it, sorry.

Well, Ush may be hesitant on it, but its unique. big grin

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:59 AM
Fire

hmm I dont think he'll accept that Kosta

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 11:32 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You'll probably kill me for this, Kosta, but that might be too specific! However, I shall see.

Tpt, yes, gloomy lot, aren't they? We might re-work yours a little on the grounds that, like Mors' first one, it's a get-out-of-jail-free card that can be applied to many situations. The base of it is fine though.

Glad you are happy, TM...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 12th, 2003 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 12:35 PM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

It is a little too specific, I see that. And perhaps I shoulda thought about it more. I mean, youd probably have to make a whole mission just on that, so scrap it, I'll come up with something new.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:47 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

It alll comes down to choice, my boy. And yours will not be an easy one. Its your life or theirs."

(Meaning, my crew.)

Well?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:49 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

why is everyone so gloomy? remember what the Oracle told Trinity...some people need to make cheery predictions...its too "everyone is gonna die" in here...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 02:55 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote