KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Oracle Predictions thread.

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Oracle Predictions thread.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Just cos you said it wouldn't work, heres an interpretation. I don't want it to be true, mind.

She could have meant that in the battle for his life, he will die, and his body wouldn't be damaged. Lol :P Although she probably didn't mean that!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 12:50 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That doesn't work- it's not useful to me, nor to you. Tell me why the Oracle would have told you that?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 12:55 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hmmm...
Well the oracal really doesn't make predictions does she? She just gives strangly worded advice.

how about
"Through faith in your team you can find a way."
Not a get out of jail free, and emphasizes team play.
good?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 02:48 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I strongly disagree. The Oracle does make predictions, and it is specifically predictions I am looking for. Again, to remind from the films:

"You will find the One"

"You will fall in love with someone and that person will be the One"

"You must chose between your life and Morpheus'"

Three simple predictions, one each for each of the main characters. And in the second film, Neo gets

"You must chose between the lives of all in Zion and Trinity"

-

So, ach, you're going to kill me Burn, but the problem here is that though it works there's just nothing I can do about it in a story sense, Faith is hard for me to quantify and there is no player-based drama to it because you know if you keep faith you will be fine and how can I shake that? I know this sounds like I am now complaining the other way- from too negative to too positive- but you have to understand that my difficulty is in making this part of the storyline and it has to have some sort of possible test and/or conflict that is quantifiably difficult. I mean, 'You will find the One' sounds positive, but is it? How will he find it, what will it cost, will it actually gain him anything?

As a gunner you always have to have faith in your team and so you will find a way and so the main effect weill be that your Prophecy does not do much, is all.

I'll pay some close attention to this. Both of your predictions have been about faith- in your skills, or your friends... neither have been technically illegal just very hard for me to do anything with. I will talk to my brother about it (just phoned him) and try and come up with something that works in the mood you want ASAP, ok?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 03:27 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Hmmmm. I supppose that all this changing is weird aint it. What about
"Death is the end. But all life is a game, and even angels play games."
I admit that ones weird,but I'm just spouting stuff!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 03:44 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But we have your done, Azrael! Did you want to change?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:08 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

sounds good,
I've just been trying to stay away from the bleakness of other peoples predictions.
Thanks alot though

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:18 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I dunno. As you said, mine had no point, since you would have just ignorewd it:P

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"The fight of your life shall pass, and you won't have a scratch on you."

This one I passed, I just said that it would not save you from simply losing a fight against a powerful opponent. It will have a more specific application. Other than that it is fine!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:47 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Oh right. Have you written it in to the storyline or something?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh cripes no, it doesn't happen that fast, I just have the dieas forming is all.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:52 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Funky!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:56 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

You gunna give me a clue?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 04:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope! Your prediction IS the clue.

In fact, whilst some will (and have) be referenced to in the current plot, it is unlikely that any will actually happen in the first batch of Assignments.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:01 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

You gunna tell us which have happened when they do?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:13 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh yeah.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:17 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

goodgood

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, Burn, we've worked on yours and we have ended up accepting something very similar to what you wanted.

"Your faith in your friends will show you a way- you must chose between the strength of your faith and the wisdom of others."

The second bit helps clarify the change of empahsis- because here, the way you are shown is not necessarily the right option. Happy?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 08:16 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Sounds good to me!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 10:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yay! Who is left? Barbarossa to make one and Celsius to be less harsh., I think.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 10:04 PM