KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » jerks who think that powers is everything

jerks who think that powers is everything
Started by: batmanrules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by Hypester
heh...

It'd be funny if Batman had like super-shadow control or something and could form batarang weapons and grapple lines with solid darkness and of course, he should be able to glide with it and use it as sonar... that'd be one supery batman... I did something like that once... switched origins around... Batman had the shadow force, Flash was from the mystical island of Hermesia, Wonder Woman had powerful alien armbands, Green Lantern from an alien planet and Superman was the epitome of human achievement (it's a long story)

The fun about Batman VS threads, for me, is trying to imagine how Batman COULD beat Hulk... of course it's not likely, but Batman THRIVES on not likely, so it doesn't really matter how invulnerable Hulk is, if it's POSSIBLE, then Batman can do it.

So I see a VS thread, read and think for a minute, like I imagine Batma would do (whether in a cave or dodging fists) how do I drop this thing, I can't kick it, so that's out now. It doesn't take damage of any sort shock, chemicals, whatever, or if it does take damage from whatever lethal madness I have, it keeps coming.

Fine, distract it, send it after something, drag it into space, feed it, take the thousand other roads that can avoid the ineveitable conclusion: the levelling of gotham city.

Now, it's true, Batman loses a lot if you put him in a small room with all-powerful opponents, but what's the fun in that?

Batman vs Silver Surfer? No, Silver Surfer is relatively all-powerful... he has NO weaknesses, unless Batman somehow figures out how to summon galactus and plays the two off of each other (something that I don't really think CAN be done without having some leverage on Galactus (like having met him before) ).

Hypester, I like the way you think cool

Blade

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:00 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by ab012f9448
Hey Daywalker, how did that dark claw character happen anyway?

Well, it was a big Marvel/DC universe face off where the top heroes from each universe had to fight to save their universe.

Bats vs Captain America,Wolverine vs Lobo,Storm vs Wonder Woman, Superman Vs Hulk and a few more. Both universes won an even amount of fights so the gods(can't remember their names) decided to merge the two universes together. The comics were called Amalgam comics.

There were alot of clever combos and Dark Claw (Wolvie and Bats) was one of the more popular characters.

In the pic below, Robin is merged with Jubilee becoming Sparrow

Attachment: d0.jpg
This has been downloaded 41 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:09 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i'm sorry i'm thinking very narrow right now. I was thinking if they fought in like an arena or tourney. If bats could find his batwing or bat mobile he could probably go get a nuke and blast the crap outta Hulk. Silver Surfer...i still think that's too tough for Bats alone, but hey everyone has to have a limit. And that's where the Justice League comes in to help their Batty friend.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:30 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eidolon

getting little off the "why do people think powers everything" topic and into a "Bats vs ______ topic." But thats okay this is fairly interesting.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:55 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
i'm sorry i'm thinking very narrow right now. I was thinking if they fought in like an arena or tourney. If bats could find his batwing or bat mobile he could probably go get a nuke and blast the crap outta Hulk. Silver Surfer...i still think that's too tough for Bats alone, but hey everyone has to have a limit. And that's where the Justice League comes in to help their Batty friend.

I've seen the Thing Knock SS out cold so that leads me to believe that a powerful blow could take him down. While Batman couldn't find this kind of power in his gauntlets, i'm sure he could find it elsewhere

Blade

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:12 PM
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon
getting little off the "why do people think powers everything" topic and into a "Bats vs ______ topic." But thats okay this is fairly interesting.

Well you know how it is............Batman is the most popular superhero without powers so people are going to throw every scenerio they have at him. Powers or no powers, Batman is invincible in his own right.

Blade

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:14 PM
batmanrules

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
each one of these guys has terrible character flaws. Killercrock is warm blooded so he can't stand cold temperatures. His animal instincts make him more animal than man. Bane actually broke Batman over his knee and a replacement bat with a mechnical suit was needed to take his revenge (in the TV show Bats makes Bane OD on super soldier serume) Ra's al ghul is not what i call invincible, he's more immortal. And if Batman kicks him...it hurts, he just has the ability to restore himself. Try matchin up Batman vs. the Hulk or worst Batman vs. Silver Surfer. Those are 2 guys with legitmate super powers and using those powers, they would anniliate Batsy. I know you got a cross over comic stating other wise Daywalker, but that kick to the solar plexus from Batman on Hulk really wouldn't even phase Hulk if he's the guy who can take a tank shell to the chest and still live. And Silver Surfer could just fly straight through Batman turning him into a human fly on a windshiled.

And i got that Speeding Bullets comic...it's one bad mother.
as i said bane only broke batmans back after batman was awake for over 14 nights, and ate almost nothing. and also batman has already beaten up the hulk in a crossover comic. and killercrock, its not like batmans only beat him in an artic deasert.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 11:35 PM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

WHTA MAKES BATMAN WAY COOLER THAN ANYONE ELSE IS THAT HE'S MORTAL.HE WON'T ALWAYS BE THERE.THERE WILL BE A TIME IN GOTHAM WHEN THERE WON'T BE BATMAN.DOESN'T THAT MAKE HIM KINDA PRECIOUS AND SPECIAL.SO WHY NOT MARVEL HIM WHILE HE'S THERE?!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 07:01 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

I dont think you gotta call ppl Jerks. Thats their own opinion. Although I agree, *Power isnt Everything*.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:23 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote