KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Need Help! Making a Video game on pc!...

Need Help! Making a Video game on pc!...
Started by: HockeyFace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HockeyFace

Need Help! Making a Video game on pc!...

What should I download/install to enable me to make games on my computer?

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 02:54 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. a 1 man project eh? you'd probably need C++ engine or something. thats if you're gonna make a regular game. If you wanna make something top quality, you have to combine many mediums. C++ , 3d studio max , maya etc. At least you have your determination for the time being. it takes at least 60 people to make what we know as a decent game of the present, and thats if they're talented heh. Good luck on your pursuit

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 02:04 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

Umm... I AREADY HAVE MADE A VIEDO GAME ONCE! Also I don't want to make a 3D game. I also made a good game, aside from some minor glitches. It has about 4 levels in it. It is called Pizza Man. It has a Pizza Man delivering Pizza. The catch is mutant rats, gramlins, football stars, etc. are chasing after him!

Halloween II

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:16 PM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

that sounds like paper boy with a zombies ate my neighbors twist.. do that graphics suck?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:58 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Post some screen grabs!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:18 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
that sounds like paper boy with a zombies ate my neighbors twist.. do that graphics suck?

they don't suck they just aren't 3D. Graphics are not the most improtant thing in a game. I just wanted to remind you of that.

Halloween II

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:24 PM
yerssot

if you want 3D, I do suggest you find more people to work on it

from my experience, 3D GameStudio is fairly good, got some friends to make some levels on it (did the music)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:26 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyFace
they don't suck they just aren't 3D. Graphics are not the most improtant thing in a game. I just wanted to remind you of that.

maybe not to you, but in case you havent noticed, ps2 and xbox dont pump out 8-bit graphic games hehe. Nice looks help alot, I never said gameplay dont matter. Besides, if its a paperboy/zombies ate my neighbors ripoff, then you obviously need to go back to the concept board again :-/

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:32 PM