KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » How do you become a moderator?

How do you become a moderator?
Started by: chooks_on_toast

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chooks_on_toast

How do you become a moderator?

I've tried emailing, but hey, I didn't get a reply and it's be 2 weeks so I gave up on that. So I decided to ask like this after getting my post closed because it was on the wrong board. What qualities do you need to be a moderator? Active of course, losts of posts? A completely clean record?

I'm sure you have an inbox full of applications, but this is the only forum site I'm really interested in, and I would really like to be a moderator. But I know if I email you, you'll probably tell me you already have a moderator for that board or you don't need one or better yet, you probably wont reply. I don't wanna wait unil the yea 3000 for a reply either, I applied to be a moderator on another site, only to wait 6 months to be told "We cannot accept you as a moderator because we already have a steady number of moderators on this site"

I would like to know the bets way to become a moderator and at the same time a fast way. I know you must get hundreds a day and you have to consider everyone and you have to find the time to check them all and this and that... But if I'm going to have to wait until I've lost interest to get a reply thats probably rejection anyway, just tell me now. I want to know if this is just another forum site or if it's the great site I thought it was...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 04:38 AM
chooks_on_toast is currently offline Click here to Send chooks_on_toast a Private Message Find more posts by chooks_on_toast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

First you don't have much time on this board, second one of the only reasons you might have a clean record is because you have only made 10 posts. Plus you can't apply for that posisition actually asking for it dithers your chance of ever being a moderator, Raz hates it when people ask for it. So all I an say is become an active member of the KMC community. If he needs a mod there are a list of people he can pick from and anyone on these boars can tell you who they are.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:25 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chooks_on_toast

HOW NOT BE!

Firstly, I'm sorry if I was giving the impression that I was asking to become a moderator. I know saying "I had to ask like this" made it seem that I was asking to become a moderator, but I was simply asking them how to become one and what I would have to do to become one, not if I could be one. That WAS the TOPIC of this thread was it not?

Proof: I began by stating that I had asked this question in an email, then my first question, (the most pressing question) was 'What qualities do you need to be a moderator'. I would think as it was the first question on the board that it would be clear that I was asking THAT question.

Secondly, I never said I has a clean record, so you shouldn't have pointed the finger and said that I only have one because I've only posted 10 times. I asked what qualities you needed to have. I started by saying you have to be active of course, and then I continued with the question at hand, do you need a certain number of posts or a completely clean record. I think that was quite clear.

Sorry Raz, I wasn't asking to BE a moderator, I was asking HOW to be a moderator. Slightly different things...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 06:01 AM
chooks_on_toast is currently offline Click here to Send chooks_on_toast a Private Message Find more posts by chooks_on_toast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

lol how do you become a moderator, raz asks you wether or not you want to be one, not by telling him you want to be a moderator

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:13 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

well..i'm sure you had all the best intentions by asking HOW to become one, when in fact you weren't planning on wanting to be one....yep...sure..sounds plausible.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 12:13 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heh... yeah... well, in any case, it is all pretty simple. If you become an established permanent member and contribute well to the board, then when Raz looks for new mods in future times you are simply more likely to be someone he either thinks is right for the job or is recommended to him by the senior mods for the job. Simple as that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 12:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

this is pretty useless imho,

can a mod/admin tell me why this is open?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

mostly I would say that the best way to become a mod is... don't ask to be!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:51 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Hey just posting and having fun worked for me wink You should try that.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:38 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

having f-un?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Eh, it's not all that worth it anyways.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:47 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's because you were fired. stick out tongue

Why do people keep asking? It's not like you get paid or anything! Just because you want the power to boss people around doesn't mean you'll get it.

Trust me, I waited 2 years. wink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:52 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they threw you a bone, rex stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I don't like bones, only meat. big grin

I think I only asked Ush about it once, but then I didn't ask again.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ah, so it DOES work wink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:13 PM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

You applied to be a moderator on a website????

I didn't even know people did that. I thought all sites worked to where the administrator hand picked people out of the forum community to be the moderators.

Hmmm.............

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:50 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

apperently not

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:03 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
having f-un?
I have fun here. I just dont have fun in RL!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:20 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'll do my best to change that wink

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Of course you will... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:34 AM