KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Big Read...

Big Read...
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Big Read...

Who's been watching it? I have - its really inspired me for new reading matter!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:58 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

ah-ha! i heard mech talking about this show...I read somewhere they give away prizes. is that true?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:08 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I hadn't heard that... I think the point is just to find out the nation's ((uk's)) fave book

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 10:11 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

LOTR is gonna walk it, mainly due to a certain trilogy of movies I suspect.

The Big Read has been great though, I've gotten a few Chrimbo present ideas for me and other people from watching that show. I still can't believe I've never thought of reading Wuthering Heights, it sounds class. cool

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 07:54 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

You HAVE to read it. I only started reading it because we were studying it for english, but as soon as you get out of lockwood's bit and into nelly dean's story, you'll be riveted!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 11:02 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I bought Mrs.MM two books for Chrimbo today, I got her "Rebecca" and one called "Blowfly", which she asked for.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:25 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

oooh! I really wanna read rebecca!

I've just finished '1984'. It made me want to cry, it was so bleak.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:48 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

Yeah the big read is really cool i read wuthering heights because of it

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:53 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

wuthering heights is wonderful - a little hard to get into at first, but stick with it!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:17 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

yeh i did read it i thought it was really good

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:21 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

cool!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:31 PM
russ_mathers
Scandalously Parked

i think the book dat will win, would be a book that was made into a film. if ppl thought the film was gd den they're bound to just vote for the book.
1984, george orwell was a true visionary, of the way the world would b espically after 9/11. Even though J. R. Tolkien invented an intricate and complex world of 'Middle Earth', they drowned his intelligence by making the films, don't get me wrong i loved the films. but as a book it was purely magnificent.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 07:20 PM
russ_mathers is currently offline Click here to Send russ_mathers a Private Message Find more posts by russ_mathers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

cool the finals on tonight

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 08:06 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Really?

Cool and the gang. cool

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 08:18 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

Hey mechmoggy you were right about lotr winning.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 10:33 PM