KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Who would win, Link or Sephroth?

Who would win?
This poll is closed.
Link (Zelda series) 19 35.19%
Sephroth (Final Fantasy 7 or 8, cant remember) 35 64.81%
Total: 54 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would win, Link or Sephroth?
Started by: DracotheDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VengeanceGOD

SOLDIER is crap, what did it produce? Cloud, a whining jackass and Sephiroth, a whining jackass with a big sword. So Sephiroth could use Supernova, great. One problem though. While he's preparing with all of those flashy lens flares and graphics, Link would just stab him.

Secondly, Sephiroth's "bigger sword" while it may look cool, has no chance against a broadsword. Why? Because those type of swords were designed to take down horses when you have a lot of time to swing. While Sephiroth was gathering up to swing, Link would just stab him.

And finally, if you're going to debate something, actually debate it. If you're just going to type in all caps "SEPHIROTH WOULD WIN U R DUMB" then you only prove yourself to be a jackass.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 11:34 PM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

just tell me this if link was a boss u would probably kick his ass but.... sephiroth on the other hand has a reputation and was the hardest boss in kingdom hearts and final fantasy 7

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:52 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
SOLDIER is crap, what did it produce? Cloud, a whining jackass and Sephiroth, a whining jackass with a big sword. So Sephiroth could use Supernova, great. One problem though. While he's preparing with all of those flashy lens flares and graphics, Link would just stab him.

Secondly, Sephiroth's "bigger sword" while it may look cool, has no chance against a broadsword. Why? Because those type of swords were designed to take down horses when you have a lot of time to swing. While Sephiroth was gathering up to swing, Link would just stab him.

And finally, if you're going to debate something, actually debate it. If you're just going to type in all caps "SEPHIROTH WOULD WIN U R DUMB" then you only prove yourself to be a jackass.

oh and if link had a broad sword it would take him just as long to swing and sephiroth doesnt charge up for a attack AND WHY DO U HAVE TO BOMB ON FF7 ALL THE TIME UR AN EVEN BIGGER SHIT POSTER THAN I AM

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 01:55 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

I "bomb on FF7" because I expected something better. I had finished playing FF6, the greatest video game of all time, and I expected to be blown away by the series' upgrade to 3D and a more powerful system. What I got was one of the crappiest games I've ever played. I kept hoping it'd get better, and it never did! It was a HUGE dissappointment, and I was even more dissapointed in fanboys like you who can't see the game for what it is: a total and utter crap storyline with good graphics.

And logistically, no, it wouldn't take Link longer to swing. Sometime, I'll give you a broadsword about the size and weight of the Master Sword and a sword about the size and weight of the Masamune, and we'll see which one you can weild faster.

And once again, I must say, if you're going to post something, please post an intelligent response. Posting in all caps with terrible spelling and grammar just makes you look dumb.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 03:18 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

I was expecting better too vengenceGOD, but 8 picked it up.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 02:54 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naruto

"DracotheDragon you are a fool, has link impaled a giant serpant to a tree?"
Lmfao.
Well, lets see...
Does a huge flying serpant that can shoot fire and drop flaming rocks count? Oh, no, wait, sorry, Link blew that thing up, he didn't impale it on a tree... Nevermind then! Impaling on a tree iz teh roxxor!1!!!!111!!1

Seriously though. Link has all those little fairies, HE NEVER DIES! >.>
And I bet Link is friends with Knights of the Round, so...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 04:15 AM
Naruto is currently offline Click here to Send Naruto a Private Message Find more posts by Naruto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

thumb up

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 04:17 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

First of all I don't type with just caps I was pissed off that someone actually thought that some tiny assed elf wannabe could kill the greatest Final Fantasy villan of all time.

Secondly I will admit SOLDIER was utter crap but Seph wasn't. In Clouds flashback he couldn't be hurt by any of the monsters, in the second disk you find out that he subdued Holy the planets greatest weapon. And in the third disk he was able to transform twice, fight Cloud and all his friends while holding back Holy and getting most of his power nicked by Areith's prayer to the planet. What has Link done to compare with that really.

Thirdly neither Sephroth or Link take any time to attack with their sword of choice so only strength would tell and judging by the fact that he can weild a weapon of that length and width with deadly force Sephroth would have the edge.

Finnaly it's true that Link has those fairies that stop him from being killed but he can only carry so many Sephroth would simply have cast cure and continue the fight until he runs out. At which point Link would be massacred

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 09:43 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Like i said before, and ill say it again, seph would have to use MAGIC to win (cure) while link wouldnt need to. That is the truth, whether seph fans will believe it or not.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:32 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

And, if we're following the time both characters take to do actions, for Sephiroth to do any of his spells takes time and big, graphically rendered scenes. Link doesn't need that time to prepare, so he would probably just stab him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:53 PM
[D_A]Kherr

right on vengenceGOD.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 08:37 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

may i point out that while link has many weapons sephiroth only has a sword....since sephiroth has more experience with the sword than link does that would make him the better swordsman by default....

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 05:06 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

seph hasnt been around as long as link, therefore, link has the better swordsmanship skills....

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 03:21 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

not really sephiroth has been around for like 200(counting the years of the original of coarse)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 04:23 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

dude, he's talking about real life time, the first time link appeared was like in 1987 or 88, i guess i'll post this again, if you give Link all the magical gear he has and has been able to get in the past games then he probably could kick sephiroth's ass all over the place!!!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 04:54 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

im talking release dates, not storylines.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 04:54 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

but what do release dates have to do with the players skill?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 09:32 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Link wins because he swings his sword with his left hand....for those of you who play football that's like having a right handed QB all year long and then switching at the end of the season. Seph wouldn't no what to do...he'd be like "what is this jackass doing?" and then eat Hook Shot to the grille. Link Wins!!!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 02:57 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Link has the upper-hand because while seph has to wait for his "bar" to go up, link has no "bar" and would be able to cut off seph's head, making him the victor. Link doesn't even need his sword to win, cuz he has his hookshot, bombs, bow & arrows, and boomerang. He has all these weapons that would help him win, and besides, have you seen soul calibour 2 for the Cube, Link is the strongest character in the whole game, so dont argue, seph wouldn't stand a chance.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 04:39 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 05:38 PM