KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- General Discussion

USH'S MATRIX GAME- General Discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (94): « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Do you guys want me to come up with The List of Stupid Stuff © that we did for the entire game, or just the last fight? stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 05:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Last fight as a preview for while you write the entire game list. stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 05:56 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's going to take me a while to go through and come up with...though hopefully we've learned a lot from our screw-ups...

Like I certainly learned - explain things more clearly and be sure everyone knows what the deal is! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 05:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ok, my bad on that one stick out tongue

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 09:44 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That was was really a slip-up on all of our parts but I should have done better to be sure everyone knew what the deal was stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 04:01 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Shooting and punching and kicking!

I win!

I think it's obvious that, actually, in that last scenario, well... I mean, clearly: I win.

And I'm looking forward to the Stupid List.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:33 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Once again who took down Lo Qi and his adviser and even got an Agent to get himself shot by a helicopter.

stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 03:44 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

San and I could have done all that just fine had we not been nearly dead when we went in there! stick out tongue We did brilliantly last game.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:16 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Haha, yeah, we really did. Only two people standing during the last two assignments...

So yeah, Spike's right big grin

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:26 PM
Peach
mordrem

Okay, as Ush hasn't yet done the whole post-script for the game I'm going ahead and doing this! Time for Lana's List of Stupid Things We Did ©

It might get long and most of this stuff we should know we screwed up already but yeah.

--

First Assignment: The Museum

Okay, so there were some screwups from the start in terms of positioning people. Philo guys really should have placed more people in the main area of the museum. You guys kinda made me want to smack my forehead with that (as I knew what was going to happen) but I was good and kept quiet stick out tongue

As for us Combat guys, we should have also positioned ourselves a bit better but at the start that wasn't too big of a deal. What was is the fact that for some reason we thought the Vampire Exiles were mooks and pretty much ignored them when we could have messed with them before the fight started. Oops.

For the actual fight itself...Heph attacking the werewolf = very stupid idea. You idiot stick out tongue People inside needed to move themselves a lot quicker than they were.

Outside there was a big problem in that people should have moved around a LOT sooner than they did. At the front of the museum they needed help, and then San and Ares needed help at the one exit. We may be good, and normally 4v2 wouldn't have been a problem, but when they don't die...yeah. And then once help did finally get to us we ended up losing the exit. Again, oops.

Then the other big disaster was Melis fighting the Agent...which at the time (people will probably remember this) I was really rather upset and pissed off that my first big decision as first officer went horribly bad. Now, while I still feel somewhat responsible as I did not do better to find out how much time she needed to buy, she also should have known to run a lot sooner stick out tongue

So...basically, we messed up a lot of things early but mostly managed to pull together and not fail.

--

Second Assignment: The Monastery

Oooooooooh boy. I'll be honest, I hated this assignment while playing it and it made me get into a mindset of "guess what, not fixing your problems for you anymore!" I very nearly quit the game when it ended because I was so damn pissed off.

Things were a mess from the start (inside, at least), because instead of moving, people bunched around a lot. Like when I asked for one person to hang back with me, about 4 of you did. Nice sentiment and all, but it wasn't necessary! Then instead of clearing enough to move, people would stand around and see how many they can kill. Not good when we're desperately trying to escape and there's Agent after Agent turning up.

Actually dealing with the Agents didn't go too badly, despite the fact that we really should have separated more. Everyone going the same way caused a lot of bottlenecks which thus wasted a lot of time.

People should really have paid more attention to where they were and what was going on around them. Yeah, from just descriptions that's not always easy, and I know I had a really hard time with it. That's why I drew up a map. With that, there was really no excuse.

And then there was quite a bit of people screwing up, not wanting to actually take responsibility for it, and general teamwork falling apart and it turning to "every man for himself". We really can't do that. It's very lucky that no one died in there as it came really close.

Guys outside I can't complain much about as they had a much more straightforward dash than we did.

And then how I got all pissed in this one...okay, Mors, really you need to lead more, I can't take care of everyone myself. And then throughout the entire assignment, everytime something went bad it was "Lana, help..." and the problem dumped on me to figure out. Yeah, I really can't do that. I'm not responsible for everyone.

--

Third Assignment: The Fortress

Overall we actually did rather well with this one, despite people dropping a lot. The main problem we had were people separating far too much. Yes I'm looking at Ares, who I think set a record for being the person knocked out the fastest in a game stick out tongue Gunners are no longer allowed to be left alone if at all possible!

On the flip side, people needed to be a bit less cautious. And then also people should have paid attention to what powers they had and were using.

But overall, didn't do too bad with this one. Could have done better, but also could have done far worse.

Also, I think at the time I calculated that we had killed nearly 200 spider-sentinels. Neat.

--

Fourth Assignment: The Door/The Real

Well, I won't really touch the Philo side of it as I didn't follow it 100%.

But Combat...yeah. I mentioned that I really disliked the Monastery while we played, but this assignment? Single most stressful part of the entire game, I think.

First of all, Percy was screwed because our gunners were all Philo (doh) and none of us could pilot the ship so Marduk couldn't shoot. Also doh. I'm noting this right now - whenever we get the exp from the first game and this one, I'm getting myself a decent Hoverpilot score! The first officer should be able to fly the ship...anyway, so yeah. No gunners. Big problem there. Those of us inside had some problems in getting moved around to the right areas in time once the sentinels got in.

Shez had problems in that you guys overfired and thus constantly overheated your guns and thus had broken them far more quickly then they should have been having issues. In fact you had EVERY gun broken at one point I remember stick out tongue

There were other smaller problems that occurred but they all stemmed from these issues.

And then, the big disaster that happened...I had a final plan to try and keep as many people alive as possible...though unfortunately communication sort of fell apart on that. Other people were suggesting ideas so I think people weren't sure what we were actually doing (even though I had vetoed Rex's idea he had suggested), and I had managed to completely miss what Spike had said Cloud was going to do and thus didn't directly order him to do as I needed. And no one else pointed out that there was confusion and discrepancies. Well, we all know what happened as a result there.

Okay, this one could really have gone a lot worse. But we still didn't do very well with it. And for all that people were worried being in charge stressed me out - nothing did more than the time in which I was wondering if San was even alive or not stick out tongue And this assignment really destroyed any confidence I had in leading.

The Philo rescue I won't really bother with because we did fine with that one. Could have gone smoother but wasn't a big deal.

--

Fifth Assignment: The Pagoda.

We actually didn't do too badly with this one. It was meant to be a very short, very fast, very vicious fight, so yeah.

However, no one actually thought to ask Melitus what to do with the vial so that caused us to waste some time.

Also, there were issues of people fighting the wrong targets. Like Cloud and San...we really should not have gone for Lo Qi. Heph should have been the one fighting him.

And while my idea of getting the vial to Melitus didn't do too badly at first, it eventually did fail because we should have done it much sooner - right from the start of the fight. Or Ush suggested something like a big game of keep-away with the vial, so that they knew who had it but it kept changing.

But otherwise we did decent and pieced together the puzzle and everything.

And despite all the bad things that happened, we won and saved the world and yaaaay.

--

So there we go. That took me about an hour to do stick out tongue

Last edited by Peach on Jan 8th, 2008 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 06:37 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

God, The Real was an absolute nightmare...

And I remember being essentially stuck on that damn balcony in Monastery, and we really shouldn't have been able to get out of that. If this were the movies, that right there would have been the scene where a bunch of people die to heighten the tension.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 06:48 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Absolute nightmare might be a minor understatement.

I do think one of my favorite random things I did in a fight happened in the Monastery, though stick out tongue when the Agent collapsed the bookcase that San was running across..."ooh, neat, I'm flying...can I kick him in the head and use that to springboard away and land a safe distance from him?"

And then, of course, jumping down the side of a freaking mountain...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 06:51 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

While outside was a sunny jog in the afternoon, with not a care in the world...Except that ****ing helicoptor!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 06:59 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yay the list

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 08:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, my bad on the gunning thing. I didn't get completly how the ships guns worked... So I Fed that up...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 10:26 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meanwhile, in LOTR, I am going to be engaging in some selective advice (i.e. cheating) to get the momentum into it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 21st, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 12:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Well, I really want it to get going as really enjoy it so far, love the setting. Also want to test Menelacar against an Orc or Dunlending! (I assume I'll have to wait until the next story for that?)

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 12:44 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I can give categorical assurances that you will test your mettle against Dunlending in the next story.

In fact the next major plotline is almost entirely Dunlendingy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 12:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Woooo!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 01:32 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hoorah for selective advice! We're simply doing that terribly, eh? stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 01:48 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote