KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » IS Thanos GOd?

Is Thanos God?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, Thanos is a God 3 37.50%
No, Thanos is not a God 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IS Thanos GOd?
Started by: Linkalicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

IS Thanos GOd?

I'm here to put an end to the dispute amongst Ruby and myself about the status of the marvel character Thanos. Ruby is of the belief that Thanos is a God and I am of the belief that Thanos is an immortal being, but that he is not a God. I offer this link to his Marvel Bio as my arguement, if Ruby would be so kind as to prove his theory then I think we have a nice competitve poll

Thanos Bio

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:46 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eidolon

Thanos a God? I've never seen anything to support that, I've always thought he was a Titan or something (don't know much about him). The fact he took the infanty gauntlet kinda proves he isn't a God cause he needed something to have God-like powers right? I'll take a look at the Bio.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 08:58 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed

i dont no that much i just like him

but........

i know that thanos stole this crystal thing before he stole the gauntlet
and that made him a god. mad

Attachment: thanos.jpeg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:38 PM
ruby is currently offline Click here to Send ruby a Private Message Find more posts by ruby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

some kinda cube thing...i think it's called the "cosmic cube" and it gave him immortality but not Godliness...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 01:45 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive been on a number of websights and this a quote "Thanos eventually used the cube to make himself into a god"

and trust me its good sight www.classicmarvel.com

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:26 AM
ruby is currently offline Click here to Send ruby a Private Message Find more posts by ruby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

try this sight for games www.xgenstudios.com

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:27 AM
Linkalicious

read the last sentence on the paragraph where it says he becomes a god. it says "However, the cube itself was his weakness, and in a moment of power-induced blindness, he toyed with Captain Marvel instead of killing the Kree hero outright. Marvel took the chance offered him and shattered the cube, an act which seemingly killed the mad Titan. "

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:51 PM
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

who cares he becomes a god either way

and he gets reborn anyway

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:23 PM
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

Well, Titans are, by definition, not gods, they have as much power as gods and threaten them, but aren't actually gods themselves, just like Grizzly Bears are not Brown Bears, even though Grizzly Bears are brown.

Personally, it doesn't matter, an immensely powerful immortal being is just that, whether you call him a god or titan doesn't matter one iota when he goes to taking over the universe...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:44 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

shut up

im right

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 04:47 PM
T'Challa
Restricted

Account Restricted

look, the question is: is thanos a god? well, is the thing a marvel hero?
I rest my case. well not yet, plus i hate you linkalicious for laughing at my living tribune theory. i just misread something, O.K?
plus, linkalicious, a virus is coming your way.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:16 PM
T'Challa is currently offline Click here to Send T'Challa a Private Message Find more posts by T'Challa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

go challa

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:18 PM
T'Challa
Restricted

Account Restricted

go ME!
and ive been doing reserch and 8 out of 10 sites say Thanos is a god, so yah, linkalicious, yah.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:24 PM
T'Challa is currently offline Click here to Send T'Challa a Private Message Find more posts by T'Challa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

T'Challa when did i say anything about your "Living Tribunal Theory?"...which post was that in? And Ruby, if your best support is a guy who has a personal vendetta against me...i think you're going to need more proof than that. And being immortal doesn't make you a god...that's FINAL. Look at the elves in LOTR, they live forever, but they most certainly aren't GODs.

And I'm ommiting T'Challa's opinon because he's dumb enough to think that Dr. Strange is the Living Tribunal.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Dec 11th, 2003 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 03:19 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

First, he reminds me of Gilligan. Something about the smile. These characters, good and bad are all eliminating themselves. So what is it that they fear, that they seek to finish rather than face.
Power in itself is not consuming. It is how we use it that determines what will happen to us. This is a known constant.
Look at it this way. You allready exist, be you a titan or a man, and if that didn't do it...then there is no progression.
Say by what you do God doesn't matter to you. Well then how will you not face the thing that does matter to you. You can't not face it.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 05:14 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Ok...what the hell did this guy just say with his crytic use of the English language? Maelstrom....it's a yes or no question...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 06:21 PM
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

the only constant is change

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 06:27 PM
Eidolon

Ruby I went to your web link and found out if anything it proves Thanos is not a God. First of all if he needed something to turn him into a God, he was not one to begin with. Next is said the Cube which makes him a God was destroyed so that would mean he is no longer a God, which he was a God for a short time. Finally the only reason he is immortal is because Death decided to banish him from her relm so Thanos cannot die.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:40 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ruby
Restricted

Account Restricted

fine them the answers

Q: is thanos a god?
A: no

Q: has thanos ever been one?
A: yes

so im half rite

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 04:09 PM
T'Challa
Restricted

Account Restricted

JUST... JUST... SHUT UP!

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
T'Challa when did i say anything about your "Living Tribunal Theory?"...which post was that in? And Ruby, if your best support is a guy who has a personal vendetta against me...i think you're going to need more proof than that. And being immortal doesn't make you a god...that's FINAL. Look at the elves in LOTR, they live forever, but they most certainly aren't GODs.

And I'm ommiting T'Challa's opinon because he's dumb enough to think that Dr. Strange is the Living Tribunal.

look it was an easy mistake, I MISREAD SOMETHING.
and ruby said you laughed at it. well, i guess i have time to cancel the virus... hopefully.
evil face
Thanos is 3 quaters a god; he WAS a god, but now he aint.
and trust me: I've read the infinity gauntlet and the infinity abyss 4 times each!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:09 PM