KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Errors

Harry Potter Errors
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

??? i didnt understand... i think they do them the same time, the of magical creatures for exmaple, all do their exams at 9 o clock, or when....

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 12:24 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Like if your Charms class is at 10, then you do your exam at 10. Like in school, you do your science exam in your science class.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 03:10 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hollywoodana

quote:
Originally posted by Luna150
Annother "mistake" on mugglenet
(NOTE: This mistake applies only to the US versions.) When Professor McGonagall took Harry to Professer Dumbledore's office, the password was "lemon drop", but then in the 4th book when he's going to tell Dumbledore about Mr. Crouch in the forest it says "...five minutes later he was hurtling towards a stone gargoyle standing half way along an empty corridor. "Sher-sherbet lemon" he panted at it. This was the password to the hidden staircase to Dumbledore's office- or at least it had been 2 years ago."
This is because in british version the passward 2 years about WAS sherbert lemon. So the mistake is thanks to the idiots who change j.k rowling work!

Are you talking about the book or the movie? In the movie, if i recall it correctly, she said sherbert lemon. confused

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:24 AM
hollywoodana is currently offline Click here to Send hollywoodana a Private Message Find more posts by hollywoodana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

The book, read what it says...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:41 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
balrog05z

i've got one in book 3 when lupin saw the activitys at the whomping willow why didn't lupin notice that harry and hermione were also in the forest/hagrids hut at the same time and also why didn't snape notice either whe he took the goblet to lupin in his office

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 12:53 PM
balrog05z is currently offline Click here to Send balrog05z a Private Message Find more posts by balrog05z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

hmmm

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 12:46 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote: (post)
nothe one from mgglenet
In book 5, page 117, 6th paragraph, it states, "Snape might refer their work as 'cleaning' but in Harry's opinion they were waging war on the house...." Shouldn't it be Sirius? After all, it was his house they were cleaning. – Thanks to everyone who sent this in
erm wheres the meistake?

I figured it was because Snape had been there earlier and been snooty about them doing cleaning

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 02:15 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by Kitoky
Umm well....Dennis Creavy is a 2nd year in the 5th book, and he was at Hogsmeade....Only 3rd years and up are allowed at Hogsmeade.

No he was a fourth year - he's the year below Harry, remember he joined Hogwarts in the 2nd book

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 02:16 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by devils_angel_82
in book 1 it seys that Hermione lent Harry Quidditch through the ages"She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which turned out to be a very interesting read." On page 46 paragraph 3 of QTtA, it says "The most successful Japanese team, The Toyohashi Tengu, narrowly missed a win over Lithuania's Gorodok gargoyles in 1994." However, Harry borrows QTtA in Book 1 which is set in 1991. -Thanks Rajan

It wasn't set in 1991 tho, it was just written then

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 02:17 PM
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

This is what i never understood:

The chamber of secrets was "opened 50 years ago" right? Back then, tom was a teenager and living in an orphanage because both of his parents died a long time ago...but it also says "50 years ago the riddle family died..." in book 5....so what is the sequence of events? how could tom go to hogwarts if his family was dead? and how could he have graduated in that orphanage if his parents had only died the same year?

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 12:32 AM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i do not understand a word you just said tom was in the orphanage only in the summer and theyre it wouldve been 55 years ago that tom was in hogwarts so his family died probably right before he went to the school its just a guess

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 01:11 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Alright I don't know if this error has been specified yet, but I don't feel like reading through the 3 pages.

In Book 1, Harry meets Charlie on top of Hogwarts Tower to send Norbert off to be safe in Romania with his own kind. In Book 2, the book says that Harry's NEVER met Charlie.

I had another error on the tip of my tongue but I forgot what it was. I may update later if I remember it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:06 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

It's not Charlie that he meets. He meets Charlie's friends.

Knew that off the top of my head.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:39 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Originally posted by Phoenix
No he was a fourth year - he's the year below Harry, remember he joined Hogwarts in the 2nd book

correction: COLIN creavy joined Hogwarts in book 2, Dennis was his younger brother and came into it in book 4.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 11:01 AM
starwarsfreak34 is currently offline Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwarsfreak34
Grand Admiral

Okay, now i have a pretty difficult mistake to work around. this might still not be a mistake, if JK has something planned for DH that affects it but for now it is a mistake:

When we learn of the prophecy in Book 5, we also learn that there was an interruption and that the intruder only heard the first part of the prophecy. Then in book 6 we learn that the intruder was Snape - and we learn this from Trelawny herself. Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt this mean that Trelawny STOPPED reciting the prophecy half-way through and then continued once Snape was chucked out? I mean, is it possible? And in DD's memory of it, where was the interruption at that point?

The only way that this cannot be a mistake is if we stil have not heard the ENTIRE prophecy, and that the 'first part' that Snape overheard was all of what we read in book5 - and that there is still more to it.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 11:05 AM
starwarsfreak34 is currently offline Click here to Send starwarsfreak34 a Private Message Find more posts by starwarsfreak34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forcewielder

Here is a mistake on muglenet
When Tom Riddle was talking to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets he said that they were similar because they were both half-bloods. But Harry isn't a half-blood. Lily and James were both wizards and witches. (Many people say that because Lily was muggle born that makes Harry a half-blood, but that is not true. If both parents are witches and wizards you are a pure-blood. Half-blood means ONE parent is a witch/wizard and the other is a muggle.)
Actually pure blood means u have not a drop of muggle blood in ur viens like the malfoys. And muggles borns have muggle perants sos since ur either pureblood halfblood or muggle born the harry (bein niether pure blood or muggleborn) is half blood

That's right.

Just because Lily is a fully-trained witch doesn't change the fact that she was still born a muggle which makes Harry a half-blood.

Last edited by Forcewielder on Feb 12th, 2007 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 01:31 PM
Forcewielder is currently offline Click here to Send Forcewielder a Private Message Find more posts by Forcewielder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FFNogoodnik

here is another mistake of mugglenet
On page 133, 4th paragraph, it says that Hermione lent Harry Quidditch through the ages: "She had also lent him Quidditch Through the Ages, which turned out to be a very interesting read." On page 46 paragraph 3 of QTtA, it says "The most successful Japanese team, The Toyohashi Tengu, narrowly missed a win over Lithuania's Gorodok gargoyles in 1994." However, Harry borrows QTtA in Book 1 which is set in 1991. -Thanks Rajan

Mugglenet shouldn't assume the books are is set in 1991 because that is when j.k rowling it. No where in the book does it say a exact year when the book is set so this paragraphs should be proof it was NOT set in 1991 not that it was and j.k made a mistake writing it.

I also think this may not be a mistake as a book like "Quidditch Through the Ages" most likely would have updated every few years so Harry could have borrowed a previous version of the book.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:53 AM
FFNogoodnik is currently offline Click here to Send FFNogoodnik a Private Message Find more posts by FFNogoodnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FFNogoodnik

Originally posted by LadySlytherin
This is what i never understood:

The chamber of secrets was "opened 50 years ago" right? Back then, tom was a teenager and living in an orphanage because both of his parents died a long time ago...but it also says "50 years ago the riddle family died..." in book 5....so what is the sequence of events? how could tom go to hogwarts if his family was dead? and how could he have graduated in that orphanage if his parents had only died the same year?

If I remember correctly, when Tom's mother gave birth she left him in the orphanage before dieing. He did not find out about his father until years later. The "Riddle Family" dieing reffers to Tom's Father and his grandparents

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:57 AM
FFNogoodnik is currently offline Click here to Send FFNogoodnik a Private Message Find more posts by FFNogoodnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

So many mistakes in the book..

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 05:16 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
babysooner13
Lavender Brown

Ooo! I have one mistake in my sixth book! I have to find it later though because I'm in school... bummer.

I <3 my boy!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 11:01 AM
babysooner13 is currently offline Click here to Send babysooner13 a Private Message Find more posts by babysooner13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote