KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Plane crash in US

Plane crash in US
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

When did the US kill innocent people without warning?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:42 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

They kind of shot down an airbus in 1988. same type of plane that crashed in NYC today

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:44 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

That was an accident.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:45 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

afghanistan, as I think you know.

just want to tell you, this is YOur definition of terrorists, and if that is to follow, the US government is, and has been many times, terrorists.

i'm not saying this to make trouble, it's just what i mean.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:47 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

mah, that is so rediculous. You have no idea what you're talking about.

We gave the Taliban 30 days to hand over bin Ladin. We arn't attacking the civillians, just the terrorist networks. Innocent people may be getting killed, but its not on purpose.

If we wanted to kill all of the Afghanie's then why drop food for them?

Don't get me fired up, mah.mad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:50 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

i don't want to get you fired up To, i'm just saying that many civilians have been killed, and thousands of thousands are trying to flee to pakistan, but can't and won't survive the winter.

to be frankly, the food-packages are not helping much.

also, in vietnam?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 04:55 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

UPDATE:
150 people died
engine (motor) fell down, plane couldn't be got back under control...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't know how people will take this but is anyone else kind of hoping that terrorists were involved? I mean if it was an accident, what can we do about it? We just have to accept that these things happen.
But if terrorists were involved then we have answers as to why it happened and can do something about it.

I felt like this after Sept 11 as well.sad sad

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:09 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

UPDATE:

news here said that they didn't scanned the lugage so they can't say if it was a bomb or not...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Hoping terrorists were involved?!?!?!????? Ummmm NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! How do you think those people's familes would feel. It's easier accepting that there loved ones died in an accident then being murdered. That's crazy talk! The last thing I need right now is more terrorists!!!mad

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:21 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
When did the US kill innocent people without warning?

quote:
They kind of shot down an airbus in 1988. same type of plane that crashed in NYC today

quote:
That was an accident.

it was a result of bad judgement an a trigger happy commander.
Still they killed innocent people without a warning, accident or not

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:29 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Well I think that planes crashing into buildings by accident is FAR scarier than if it was terrorists. If it's terroists then you can do something about it. There is someone to blame.

If it's an accident you just have to accept that these things will happen now and again and I think that is a lot scarier.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:39 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I heared that the iron in the plane got 'tired' like we say here... loosing it's hardness and stuff

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 05:44 PM
queeq
Chaos

We can do something about terrorist attacks, KJ? If it was a terrorist act then obviously we can't.

And To, Taliban is NOT a terrorist organisation. THey ARE a type of government. And the US is NOT just attacking the terrorist network's locations, it's also attacking the Taliban strongholds. THe reason that they're attacking the Taliban is NOT because they are terrorists, but because they are HARBOURING terrorists and are not willing to give them up. Better get your facts straight, To.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 06:47 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, To. Queeq is right. It is Al Qaeda that is a terrorist organisation. The Taliban is a government, and the strong suspicion is that the Taliban aids Al Qaeda, but try not to see them as the exact same thing.

Now, while you probably don't care about the distinction, the important point is that the Taliban are not people that go around claiming 'responsbility' for terrorist attacks any more than any other government- it doesn't happen

What I think you meant is that Al Qaeda would claim responsbility anyway. Well, that is also very unlikey; not only have they never claimed responsbility for something they haven't done, they very rarely claim responsbility for anything at all, whether they do it or not.

If yoy want an important difference- the Taliban may support Al Qaeda and therefore MUST be removed to deal with that organisation, it was in the end Al Qaeda who carried out the attack on yor country. The Taliban would not have done it thelselves,; indeed, no-one in the US thinks so and no-one is the US has ever said that the Taliban themselves are terrosists. Enemies maybe, but not terrorists.

So I am afraid you were a little off the ball there, To.

So that was just a basic mis-understanding, really. I don't think we need to get into another 'is the US as bad as x or y...' or so on in this particular thread. Again, this is a time to be sorry for the bereaved.

I think you will find most people are more scared by terrorists, KJ. Because people accept that accidents happen. People aren't willing to accept being deliberately killed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 07:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

indeed a time to think and be sorry for the ones who have lost their loved ones, but it doesn't mean that a good discussion should be stopped.

KJ, if the crash would have been a terrorist attack it would've been far more scarier, we would then know that they hadn't stopped and would continue with attacks, and also that the security at the airports were not strong enough.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 08:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This isn't the thread for it, Mah. I don't want the two issues to get mixed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 08:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well, ok

Old Post Nov 12th, 2001 08:38 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i'd just like to say that i feel for the people in new york, how this can happen, accident, intentional or fate, it is terrible. i was very upset when this happened. i saw the twin towers attack and i was almost in tears then. (i'd been at the top a month earlier on my 21st b'day on the 4th July). New york's great, such diversity and yet so "great" why this should happen to the people of ny i only hope god knows.confused

Old Post Nov 13th, 2001 12:57 AM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i've put this in a different reply because it might upset people.

even if the crash today was a mistake, no way would bush or the mayor of ny say it was a terroist attack. even if it was, the public of ny are scared now, i'm scared in engalnd. altough i hope it was an accident i have my doubts.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2001 01:02 AM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote