KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » why does everyone seem to hate Alien 4

why does everyone seem to hate Alien 4
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

some good points made there people(except for the first movie being crap and having nothing in it) The humanoid alien was disturbing but unneccesary and the transition of ripley is lame at best. But I think it was better than alien 3, which is why I think I was surprised that everybody hated it. Winona Ryder should only star in beetlejuice movies in the future, there is no way that someone like her would be journeying around space executing top secret missions on behalf of the government, even if she was a robot, she should never have gotten past the audition(the character and winona). On a side note, ALIEN was originally going to be called STARBEAST!!!

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 10:33 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I have to agree with most people here because I felt Aliens Resurrection lacked direction with the whole idea of being scared and completely trapped with these aliens. The characters lacked the imagination of 1 + 2, the futuristic weapons were pants, the plot non-existent . (You would of thought the weird scientist guy would know about the acid blood and reinforce the floor of the cage so they couldn't escape) And that abomination at the end was just not Giger.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 10:43 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I agree, there is some good constructive criticism here (wicker man, rages remorse) but i also think that many of you are just following the crowd in your alien 4 bashing. I sick of hearing people come out with remarks like: "alien 4 was a travesty" or "It ruined the Alien franchise", this to me just shows how quick people are to jump on the bandwagon if an opinion is popular enough.

I myself feel that one of the main factors in Alien 4 being made was money, the film makers obviously felt it was too profitable a francise to put to rest. However, the movie itself wasnt bad at all, it did have the same feel as the others in the series but failed to emulate the suspense of the first and second films.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 11:22 AM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i didn't mind it. the aliens being hybrids with humans wasn't such a bad idea, it could help the aliens and it could lead to further movie ideas. if a alien can look like a human it could fit in with humans it could spread the aliens around futher, infesting planets with less chance of detection and such and soforth

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 12:36 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

not that it matters, but i tried very hard to like ressurection. i Tried so very hard BECAUSE i am such an avid fan. I even convinced myself that alien 3 was an okay movie, just no where near the previous set standards.
If a movie sucks, im not going to sugar coat it even if it is a franchise i love. The alien movies at one time were in a league of there own, setting standards for all other movies to be studied, and shattering expectations. Then we got alien3 which was nothing more than a mediocre sci/fi flick at best. It was a recycled concept of the first movie. Now to ressurection. This movie wasnt even an elaboration onto the series. It was just digging up the dead, literally. It was one long pointless story. With horrible dialogue, shamefull acting, despicable special effects, and a butchard comic book plot. If it wasnt for the ALIEN name tatooed onto this movie it would have went down as a bad B movie.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 09:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Alien Poor as we call it around here...

A bit tongue in cheek though. We have all seen way worse films, I am sure. Not as good as the first two but we all knew that would happen, didn't we?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 10:58 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yep, usually series with needless installments get crappy over time.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 11:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I wouldint say that, take Haloween for exemple, it gets better eveytime a new sequal comes, and Friday the 14th as wellsmile

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 03:02 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny_rotten

In my opinion the movie has been bashed because :-

The plot is crap.
The acting is crap.
All sense of suspense was missing.

A shameless money making and punter conning, idea by hollywood (as usual)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 03:03 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i think saying the halloween series getting better with each new installment is a biased opinion

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 04:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sigouneyz

The first Alien movie is a maserpiece. It was the 70s, for god's sake! It was a horror movie. The suit os incredible.

Old Post May 29th, 2017 02:50 AM
Sigouneyz is currently offline Click here to Send Sigouneyz a Private Message Find more posts by Sigouneyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote