KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » The Beatles

The Beatles
Started by: A BaD PanCaKe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Beatles 4 ever ! eek!

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:39 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

I LOVE THE BEATLES

I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAAAAAND

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:30 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

Ive always liked the Beatles alot of their non-mop top stuff is the best the wrote. I think my favorie song is While My Guitar Gently Weeps or Blackbird.

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:32 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

While My Guitar Gently Weeps is such a pretty song

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:44 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

yeah it is, i love that song

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:47 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

My fave one is Hey Jude smile

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 12:55 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

my favorite is While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 06:15 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Polly

Everyone likes the Beatles! Especially at my school, people at my school like the old stuff like that, it's awesome! But yeah, I think my favorite song is probably Yesterday

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 08:48 PM
Polly is currently offline Click here to Send Polly a Private Message Find more posts by Polly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I like Helter Skelter. If it wasn't for that song you wouldn't have had Iggy and the Stooges. If you didn't have Iggy and the Stooges you wouldn't have had the Sex Pistols. If it wasn't for the Sex Pistols you wouldn't have had The Smiths. If it wasn't for The Smiths you wouldn't have had The Stone Roses and if it wasn't for the Stone Roses you wouldn't have Oasis. God bless The Beatles.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 10:29 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I like loads of there songs every time I find a fav Beatles song..it changes..but sum of my favs are
Hard days night
We can work it out
Sargent peppers lonely hearts club band
all you need is love
Yellow submarine
Elanor Rigby

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:15 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

the beatles overated?

i feel people say they are better than they are. the dont have any music that impressed me that much. what do you guys think.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 10:43 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i agree tbh

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 10:46 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RSSR

Beatles overrated? Maybe in a slight way, no; not even by that much. The Beatles have influenced pretty much the entire musical landscape in almost every way imaginable. The music before the Beatles and music afterwards are on completely different planets.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 11:15 PM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

OK they weren't great musicians (Harrison excluded) and some of the production on their songs was a bit ropey. Have you ever noticed how a lot of Beatles cover versions sound better than the original? Having said that though, in songwriting terms they were nothing short of geniuses and without them we'd still be listening to Bing Crosby.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2004 11:28 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Beatles wrote amazing music. True.

But let's speak for ourselves when we say "Without them WE would be listening to Bing Crosby."

I wouldn't. I listen to the greatest bands on Earth, not because of The Beatles.

Yes they are overrated in the sense that alot of people believe antiquity is equal to talent. The older they get..........the older they get. They don't get better with age. If anything people should be realising that the biggest thing they did was give birth to boy bands.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 01:11 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spicy_Mchaggis
Evil Man Whore

im sick of people saying that they are the best band ever and that they are the only band they listen to. ya they WERE a great band, and the did have some good songs. but seriously, that was in the sixties, were in the 2000's, im sick of people that only listen to the beatles, pisses me off, theres better music to waste your time on than the beatles. buy on ozzfest cd rather than a yellow submarine cd.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:34 AM
Spicy_Mchaggis is currently offline Click here to Send Spicy_Mchaggis a Private Message Find more posts by Spicy_Mchaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RSSR

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

But let's speak for ourselves when we say "Without them WE would be listening to Bing Crosby."

I wouldn't. I listen to the greatest bands on Earth, not because of The Beatles.

-AC

He's saying and I'm saying that without what the Beatles accomplished during their careers, the state of music wouldn't be where its at today. Hell, the greatest bands on Earth right now are in one way or another influenced by the Beatles. Its not an opinion, but fact when you hear that the Beatles are the most influential band of all time.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 02:54 AM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

without the beatles we wouldnt have the annoying kids in my school who still think its the 60s. damn kids listen to there moms cd collection.lmao

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 03:18 AM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scabby mcgee
Ambassador of Awesomeness

sorry about the real long post

Who cares if they listen to music from the 60's or 70s or any time in the past? Is it only cool to listen to albums that have just been released? If it's good music it's good music. As far as people just liking them because they are old, I still think they are more advanced in the knowledge they had in music and eagerness to try new things. Especially in today's music scene when most bands (even independent music) have boundaries that they are just not allopwed to cross because people are so afraid they'll bomb. A ton of people hate the White album, which I think is cool that a band is willing to put themselves out there on something that isn't safe for the sake of trying something new. Also a ton of people absolutely love the White album.

The first question I have for this thread is what do you mean by overrated? Do you mean the die hard Beatle fans, the ones that primarily only listen to the Beatles and worship Lennon-McCartney like Gods? Because those people are such a small minority.

I understand if their music isn't exactly your cup of tea. But they were brilliant, because they tried things that were so amazingly different from everything else in popular music and a ton of people dug it. And they didn't do it for one or two albums but for most of their albums.

Also, who cares if every member in a band is the greatest drummer, bassist, guitarist in the world. It's great when a musician can really play his instrument with the very best in the world, but if the songs aren't great the songs aren't great. They should be artists before strictly musicians. There's already enough mastaubatory guitar solos out there, there's nothing wrong with well constructed songs in which the instruments and vocals all compliment each other.

How many really great and new bands are there? I mean 99% of all bands are molded to fit a niche, they have a certain sound and do a certain thing that a thousand other bands do in a similar way (just not as well). Almost all of their music is very similar at the core. Most bands I like fit into that too. That's why truly unique mainstream bands like Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are so highly revered by so many people.

After all many artists are compared to the Beatles just based off of 3-4 songs the Beatles made while another artist is also Beatle-esque based off 4 or 5 other songs. They tried new stuff and it was quality.

And the statement on Bing Crosby is a good point but a little drastic. What I take the guy as saying, is that without the Beatles we would still have all completely uniform music and nothing really unique and different. I disagree with going that far, but without the Beatles things would be a lot different today in music.14

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:10 AM
scabby mcgee is currently offline Click here to Send scabby mcgee a Private Message Find more posts by scabby mcgee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote:
Originally posted by scabby mcgee
sorry about the real long post

Who cares if they listen to music from the 60's or 70s or any time in the past? Is it only cool to listen to albums that have just been released? If it's good music it's good music. As far as people just liking them because they are old, I still think they are more advanced in the knowledge they had in music and eagerness to try new things. Especially in today's music scene when most bands (even independent music) have boundaries that they are just not allopwed to cross because people are so afraid they'll bomb. A ton of people hate the White album, which I think is cool that a band is willing to put themselves out there on something that isn't safe for the sake of trying something new. Also a ton of people absolutely love the White album.

The first question I have for this thread is what do you mean by overrated? Do you mean the die hard Beatle fans, the ones that primarily only listen to the Beatles and worship Lennon-McCartney like Gods? Because those people are such a small minority.

I understand if their music isn't exactly your cup of tea. But they were brilliant, because they tried things that were so amazingly different from everything else in popular music and a ton of people dug it. And they didn't do it for one or two albums but for most of their albums.

Also, who cares if every member in a band is the greatest drummer, bassist, guitarist in the world. It's great when a musician can really play his instrument with the very best in the world, but if the songs aren't great the songs aren't great. They should be artists before strictly musicians. There's already enough mastaubatory guitar solos out there, there's nothing wrong with well constructed songs in which the instruments and vocals all compliment each other.

How many really great and new bands are there? I mean 99% of all bands are molded to fit a niche, they have a certain sound and do a certain thing that a thousand other bands do in a similar way (just not as well). Almost all of their music is very similar at the core. Most bands I like fit into that too. That's why truly unique mainstream bands like Led Zeppelin and the Beatles are so highly revered by so many people.

After all many artists are compared to the Beatles just based off of 3-4 songs the Beatles made while another artist is also Beatle-esque based off 4 or 5 other songs. They tried new stuff and it was quality.

And the statement on Bing Crosby is a good point but a little drastic. What I take the guy as saying, is that without the Beatles we would still have all completely uniform music and nothing really unique and different. I disagree with going that far, but without the Beatles things would be a lot different today in music.14

yes

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2004 04:59 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote