KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » The Beatles

The Beatles
Started by: A BaD PanCaKe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « First ... « 41 42 [43]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

I'd hate to hop on the bandwagon but Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is one of my favorite albums. Love it to death.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 07:23 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

hard day's night. this is also bob pollard's favorite. between us, we represent 100% of all good ideas in the known universe. therefore, hard day's night is the best beatles album.

flawless logic.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 10:20 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
How can Rolling Stone put 4 ****ing Beatles Albums in the Top Ten of their 500 Greatest Albums list.

It is ridiculous.

One is a ****ing stretch.

How? I can see how. big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 05:22 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Bardock42
How can Rolling Stone put 4 ****ing Beatles Albums in the Top Ten of their 500 Greatest Albums list.

It is ridiculous.

One is a ****ing stretch.

Because of a simple Alphabet list...

A. It's their magazine.
B. It's their Top Ten.
C. You don't even buy Rolling Stone magazine.
D. I don't buy Rolling Stone magazine.
E. I rule!
F. Fuggedabbouit.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 05:30 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What's everyone's favourite The Beatles album then?

-AC

omg i like totally couldn't pick just one...

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 05:39 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arnoldlayne

Brian May on John Lennon

There is not enough space here to come close to chronicling all Lennon’s masterpieces, but check out Tomorrow Never Knows, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, and then I Am the Walrus and Strawberry Fields Forever, and tell me you do not gasp… Never had anything been created like these works in the whole of history.
Lennon, from a frankly less-than-glamorous teenager with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, developed into the coolest guy on Earth. He was cool enough to write the greatest teen pop song ever written (in my humble etc): I Want To Hold Your Hand, to embrace psychedelia and make it musically valid, to leave The Beatles when he felt it had all become a shallow game he didn't want to play any more, and then to put his whole being into promoting Peace in his solo work, producing almost certainly the greatest, most daring and personally revealing solo albums ever made, including the exquisite Jealous Guy, the soul-baring God, and the immortal anthem for mankind, Imagine. OK, I am out of space, but Lennon, for all of us post-revolution (whatever that was…) musos, was, is, and always will be... IT.
I rest my case.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 07:01 PM
Arnoldlayne is currently offline Click here to Send Arnoldlayne a Private Message Find more posts by Arnoldlayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Arnoldlayne
Brian May on John Lennon

There is not enough space here to come close to chronicling all Lennon’s masterpieces, but check out Tomorrow Never Knows, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, and then I Am the Walrus and Strawberry Fields Forever, and tell me you do not gasp… Never had anything been created like these works in the whole of history.
Lennon, from a frankly less-than-glamorous teenager with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, developed into the coolest guy on Earth. He was cool enough to write the greatest teen pop song ever written (in my humble etc): I Want To Hold Your Hand, to embrace psychedelia and make it musically valid, to leave The Beatles when he felt it had all become a shallow game he didn't want to play any more, and then to put his whole being into promoting Peace in his solo work, producing almost certainly the greatest, most daring and personally revealing solo albums ever made, including the exquisite Jealous Guy, the soul-baring God, and the immortal anthem for mankind, Imagine. OK, I am out of space, but Lennon, for all of us post-revolution (whatever that was…) musos, was, is, and always will be... IT.
I rest my case.

Kram3r on John Lennon

Hypocritical pretentious **** who over simplified.
I rest my case.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 08:42 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Across the Universe was on at someone's house whilst I was in Canada (That's where I've been for the past month and a bit), it's really shit.

Just goes to prove my theory. The Beatles aren't timeless, people just won't let them go.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 10:10 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bodach

I can't believe there are people out there who don't love The Beatles.

To me that's like not liking oxygen or nourishment.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 01:55 AM
bodach is currently offline Click here to Send bodach a Private Message Find more posts by bodach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't believe there are people who don't think The Beatles are overrated.

To me, that's like not reading what Bodach just said.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 02:10 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bodach
I can't believe there are people out there who don't love The Beatles.

To me that's like not liking oxygen or nourishment.

Hahahahahaha, cretin.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 04:11 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Across the Universe was on at someone's house whilst I was in Canada (That's where I've been for the past month and a bit), it's really shit.

Just goes to prove my theory. I have an irrationally bad view of The Beatles in spite of their actual musical abilities.

-AC

btw, the soundtrack to Across The Universe wasn't written by The Beatles.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 09:35 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Re: The Beatles

Originally posted by A BaD PanCaKe
I am totally BEATLE CRAZY!! I love the music no matter how old it is. I think that they have got to be one of the greatest bands in history!

-but thats just my opinion

Anyone else here a Beatle fan?

Yes, I am a Beatles fan.

And they are easily one of, and arguably, the greatest band ever.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2010 01:58 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Standby-

Oh, yeah! I usually listen to metal, but the Beatles are just so epic!
Their songs make me so happy!

http://xElentari.deviantart.com

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 06:11 PM
-Standby- is currently offline Click here to Send -Standby- a Private Message Find more posts by -Standby- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The Beatles did their best work outside of most of 1967 when Lennon destroyed his ego with LSD and they became Paul McCartney's Corny Fart's Club Band and then became interesting again in '68. The thing about John is that all his work post-heroin addiction (so like post-early '68) has this really creepy edge to it where now matter how sweet or pretty a song is it still unsettles me which is actually something I like. Stuff like Two Virgins and Baby's Heartbeat and Oh My Love and #9 Dream. I mean the former two obviously but even the latter two are at least somewhat unsettling.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 10:34 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 09:58 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote