KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Started by: russ_mathers

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
I disagree, I've seen both and there's no way Willow loving a demon, internet, robot is better than anything that has ever existed. No, 1 bad episode out of a season isn't losing its stride erm

It's more then just one episode, it was just the first that came to mind. Angel being turned into a puppet was far worse.

quote:
Cordelia had outside issues and had to be written out if the show, it still didn't ruin the season.

It didn't ruin the season, but it was just an awful way the character was handled.

quote:
Ok, but I never said Angel was without fault, so not sure why you're lying about that.

I never said you said it was without fault, I said you don't want to see some of its faults. Case in point: thinking the limb detach episode or puppet episode were superior to Willow loving an internet demon.

quote:
Angel was, is, and willl always be the superior show. thumb up

You are of course free to think this.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 12:46 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Season 1, Season 4 (Adam/Riley/Chipped Spike), and Season 7 (First Evil/Slayer Nation) of Buffy were all suspect IMO. Angel didn't really have a bad season, it just had about 10 episodes which weren't up to par because it used the arc structure moreso than a big bad of the week. By the time they go to Pylea and return with Fred it just kept getting better and better. The Holtz arc from mid Season 3 through Season 4 and the coming of The Beast and leading into the Jasmine story was IMO better than anything that was attempted in Buffy, and then Season 5 of Angel upped the ante even more with the Circle of the Black Thorn plotline and the introduction of Illyria.

I agree on the mishandling of Cordelia later in the series, though the payoff with the Connor /Jasmine storyline was solid. I also wished that Groo would have played a part in the plot to take down Wolfram & Hart. His character was underused after the Pylea arc.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 05:08 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
How could the show be a prequel to the movie? Buffy references Pike in the tv series meaning she had clearly met him prior to the events of the show.

Also in the movie she is still in high school and by the end of the tv show she had long since graduated high school. They also talk about the fact her previous Watcher died in the series, which is what happens at the end of the movie. But as I said, Buffy does reference characters from the movie and we do even see a flashback of her Watcher(not played by Donald Sutherland obviously) at one point in the first season. So we know that it is somewhat canon. In the series Buffy from the very first episode is already aware of the supernatural and of who she is and her powers, which isn't the case for the movie.

There also was talks about some movies being made after both Angel and Buffy were off the air, but they only had a small window to make them given some of the characters are meant to be immortal and will have obviously aged. It's the reason the guy who played Spike said he will never play him again.

The show does continue in comic form. There was a season 8 in comics and I think it is on season 10 now. The comics are actually pretty good.
From what I hear, the comic found a way to blend the two together. The show has to be a prequel too, considering Buffy is a sophomore in high school when it starts, whereas she's a senior in the movie

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 06:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is something that always bugged me: once Adam is defeated in season 4 you have a scene with government officials talking about how the entire thing was a failure.

The problem is that isn't really true at all. The only reason it failed is because their leading scientist went rogue and created a cyber demon thing. But let us not forget the massive massive strides they made: the chips. The chips work, and they also captured a lot of evil creatures, so they did help. All they really needed to do was put in strict guidelines to prevent another Maggie Walsh from happening. Instead they are just like "meh lets give up on this incredibly valuable research and close the place down".

To me that is like closing down a police station because the chief of police turned out to be corrupt.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 06:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also what is up with the treatment of Dawn? In the final season when they think Dawn might be a potential slayer they are basically like "oh wow you matter now". Kind of f*cked up.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 07:09 PM