KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » 60's Brits series : The Avengers, the Prisoner,...

60's Brits series : The Avengers, the Prisoner,...
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
G.P
living bank advertisement

60's Brits series : The Avengers, the Prisoner,...

I'm a big fan of tv series : two of my favourites are the Avengers and the prisoner. I loved their inventiveness and atmosphere. Who else remember these series ? like them ? or if you want to talk about others British tv series aired in the 60's,...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 09:26 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) im not one hundred percent sure if it was aired in the 60's but i really enjoyed this show.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 09:28 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Prisoner was class... difficult to get more than 1 in 10 to understand it though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 10:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The Prisoner was class... difficult to get more than 1 in 10 to understand it though.
Indeed...Many questions remained unanswered, and that's also what makes it so interesting, for everything is not clear IMO...

Last edited by G.P on Dec 14th, 2003 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 12:25 AM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I saw the movie avengers and hated it messed is the show anything like it?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 04:28 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
I saw the movie avengers and hated it messed is the show anything like it?

The series is nothing like the movie, the series is far superior.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 05:04 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
The series is nothing like the movie, the series is far superior.
Indeed: it's far far superior... The movie has tried to revived the 60's (costumes, style,...) but it was overdone. The series was based sometimes on sci-fi plots, but always remained "light", that is to say the way to narrate was always lively, humourous. The atmosphere was always bright.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:40 PM