KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Nightmares And Dreamscapes

Nightmares And Dreamscapes
Started by: SalemKent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nightmares And Dreamscapes

Part 1

Sunnydale, California

“Guess what, B?” Faith grinned at her Cheshire Cat-like from her seat on the research table.

Buffy removed her coat and reluctantly took a seat. “Grass is green?” She responded half-heartedly.

“Close, but no chinchilla.” Faith’s grin got bigger. “We’re going on holiday. An all expenses paid trip to…” She paused to glare at her Watcher who was pouring over a thick and dusty book. “Where was it again, Wes?”

“Springwood, Ohio.” Giles replied before the younger Watcher could open his mouth.

“Geez, break out the champagne.” Buffy said sardonically. “That’s exactly where I wanted to go for my Easter Break.” She paused to glare at both the Watchers. “Which, by the way, has only been going for a whopping two minutes, so thanks for spoiling it while it was still in its baby stages.”

Faith sprawled back on the table, ignoring the reproachful looks from both Giles and Wesley, and eyed Buffy. “Why don’t you just drop out like me, become a lady of leisure?”

“Right now that’s tempting.” Buffy said. “But Mom would wig.”

“Ladies, if I could have your attention?” Wesley coughed delicately, then opened his mouth to continue.

“There’s a demon in Springwood that needs our urgent attention.” Giles informed them. “At the moment we don’t know exactly it is. All we do know is that it’s killing teenagers while they sleep.”

“What’s the body count?” Faith asked.

Giles handed out some computer print-outs. “Willow was in here earlier, she managed to… um, take this off… a, um, net site?”

Buffy and Faith exchanged amused grins. Giles and computers did not mesh.

“It seems to have a cycle, not at all regular. The deaths started in 1984. They seemed to centre around a girl named Nancy Thompson, she lost her three closest friends and her mother, but after that it did end. Then it started again in 1985, although that might not be connected, the deaths were attributed to Jesse Walsh.”

“So why do we have a file on him?” Buffy asked, flicking through the wad of paper in front of her.

“He too claimed to have had nightmares, and I find it rather coincidental that he lived in the same house as Nancy Thompson. The next batch of deaths were in 1987, once again, Nancy Thompson was involved, this time she and her father died along with at least three other teenagers. The deaths started again a year later, then again in 1989 and they seemed to have stopped for good then.”

“Let me guess, they’ve started again.” Buffy deduced.

“In a big way.” Faith answered scanning the page. “Jesus, look at this, it looks like a year’s worth of Sunny D’s obits.”

“Do we have any idea at all what’s doing this? Vague descriptions from any of the survivors? Any off-the-cuff comments that might help us pin this down?” Buffy stared at the list of names in front of her. Despite the fact she hadn’t known any of them, and that some of them died when she was still in kindergarten she felt guilty.

“Sadly all media coverage of this has been hushed up. If you read the obituaries for every victim it says that they died in their sleep. The reporters seem to latch on to any ‘normal’ explanation, self-mutilation for attention, drugs and such like.” Giles supplied.

Wes finally pried himself from the thick tome in front of him. “I’m currently looking into demons that have to feed on teenagers, then go into a state of hibernation.”

“And how’s that going?” Faith turned her grin on Wes.

He coughed delicately and polished his glasses. “I’m sure we’ll know more once we get to Springwood tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” Buffy asked in horror.

“Yes, the Council believes it may also have a Hellmouth, so they have asked us to look into it immediately.”

“Hold up.” Buffy held her hand up to emphasise the point. “We are going to Ohio. We, as in not the Royal ‘we’, but as in all of us, are going tomorrow?”

“I will not be coming.” Giles answered. “I will stay with Willow, Xander and the others to ensure the safety of everyone here on the Hellmouth.”

“Cool.” Faith winked at Buffy. “Just the two of us, kicking back and living large.”

“I will be your chaperone.” Wesley gave Faith a reproving glance.

Faith rolled her eyes. “Like I said, kicking back, living large. We can tie him up and throw him off a bridge if his screams get on our nerves.”

Wes ignored Faith’s slight, but then it was an easy thing to do having heard them almost every day since he came to Sunnydale, and fixed her with a stern look. “It’s not a holiday. We are going to Springwood to slay a demon.”

“Yeah, Faith.” Buffy imitated Wes’s tone. “How dare you think of fun even if it is Easter Break?”

“Oooh, I’m sorry. I forgot we’re supposed to be miserable the whole time.” She replied.

Buffy frowned, was that an slur? Just because she didn’t get off in a grunty way like Faith did when she slayed, it didn’t mean that she was a misery guts. “I guess I have to pack.” She said, brushing off her irritation. “And break it to Mom that once more I will be getting out of quality Mother-daughter bonding this holiday.”

“Bring her too! The more the merrier.” Faith suggested.

“What exactly did you slay last night?” Buffy asked. “And how many times did it bash you on the head?”

Faith grinned even wider. “Take the S away from Slayed and you got it.”

Giles and Wesley immediately became engrossed in the books in front of them.

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “I so don’t need details.” She picked up her bag and coat. “I’m off to pack. If you want a free feeding before we go, I suggest you follow me.”

Faith hopped off the table. “Lead on, you Mom makes the best food.” She then paused. “You’re only inviting me to deflect the major wig-out your Mom will have when she realises that you’re leaving for Ohio tomorrow.”

“Busted.” Buffy admitted. “That and the pleasure of your company.”

“Well, since you asked so nicely and the only other option was staying here while Wes lectures me…” Faith followed Buffy out of the library.

Giles watched the two of them leave, then turned to Wesley. “Good luck.” He said with a wry smile.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 07:15 PM
SalemKent is currently offline Click here to Send SalemKent a Private Message Find more posts by SalemKent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

People make a comment if you want to.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 07:34 PM
SalemKent is currently offline Click here to Send SalemKent a Private Message Find more posts by SalemKent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

ill make first comment. it was good. nothing special but it was good.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 08:44 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Part 2

Springwood, Ohio

Faith yawned loudly and stretched, accidentally digging Buffy in the ribs.

Buffy glared. “You’re taking up most of the back seat and still you’re able to poke me.”

“Well, you look as if you could do with a good poking.” Faith replied with an evil grin.

Buffy’s glare intensified. “Well, it’s not my fault you’re double dosing on the Slayer Pokage allowance.”

Faith snorted loudly. “Well, you could always join in next time I find a hottie.”

“Oooh! Pencil me in.” Buffy deadpanned.

“I think I’m having a bad influence on you.” Faith commented.

“Ladies!” Wes coughed nervously from the driver’s seat.

Buffy and Faith exchanged a look. Wes had freaked out ever single time Buffy responded Faith’s innuendoes.

“Right, we’re here.” Wes announced, pulling up in front of a motel, that was in Faith’s opinion, possibly the most disgusting building in the entire United States.

“Yuck, this place looks worse than my motel back home.” Faith commented.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 08:48 PM
DeNiro

well it is the begging hock i think that it is pretty damn good for starting off i cant wait to read the entire story ill keep reading here daily and posting what i think about it. good work so far though

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 01:45 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

k

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:06 AM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, you can tell that the Council are paying for this.” Buffy agreed.

“The Council has limited monetary means.” Wes said stiffly.

“And yet those retreats they have seem to kick ass.” Faith pointed out.

“Yeah, but only if you’re English and boring.” Buffy grinned.

Wesley glared. “I enjoyed those retreats, thank you very much.”

“Case closed.” Faith winked and Buffy grinned even wider. Wesley hopped out of the car and slammed the door in reply.

“Something I said?” Faith wondered.

“He’s so sensitive.” Buffy climbed out of the car and stretched.

“Urgh, I hate travelling.” Faith fished out a packet of cigarettes and quickly lit up. “Too many ‘No Smoking’ signs.”

“Those things will kill you.”

“Yeah, heard the same about demons and yet we still go looking for them.”

“I can’t argue with that.” Buffy said, leaning on the car. “In fact, good logic, give me one.”

“Give you one?” Faith responded with a smutty smile, moving closer to her. “One, what?”

Buffy rolled her eyes at the blatant innuendo. Surprisingly, she was finding it amusing to be around Faith, not irritating. Not only that, it was more fun responding. She smiled back at the younger girl and slid her

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:13 AM
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

hand across her stomach and into Faith’s pocket.

“Cigarette, Faith. What did you think I meant?” She purred in sugary tones.

“Cigarette, naturally.” Faith grinned, and moved even closer. “But while your hand is down there…”

“Buffy, Faith?” Wes walked towards the car with a nervous look on his face.

The Slayers jumped apart, both somewhere between relieved and highly irritable.

“We have a slight problem.” He continued, then noticing the cigarette in Faith’s hand he glared. “You are not supposed to smoke.”

“Yeah, that’ll work, now say pretty please.” Faith sneered, taking a pointed drag on her cigarette.

“So, what’s the problem?” Buffy interrupted. “Aside from Faith’s disgusting little addiction.” She realised she was still holding Faith’s cigarettes and quickly jammed them in her pocket.

“Well, the manager is very reluctant to rent rooms to two teenagers. In fact, this is the only place in Springwood that would even consider it.”

“Balls, the Council is just tighter than a dophin’s butt.” Faith commented in a low tone to Buffy.

“And…?” Buffy prodded, trying to fight the smile from Faith’s quirky analogy.

“He’s only willing to rent out one room to the both of you… and it’s not a very nice room.” Wes replied.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:13 AM
DeNiro

i like how u dont dwellon one thing to long. u dont make one scene like the ciggrete part boring u just add it in just like they would in a movie. this is written quite well

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:50 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

“What’s his problem? Does he think we’re gonna trash it? We’d never…” Buffy tailed off as she remembered the amount of damage two slayers could do to a place. And spending a week sharing a room would not be the most harmonious idea imaginable.

Wes looked rather upset. “No, not that at all. As you know, a lot of teenagers have died ‘in their sleep’ recently. He doesn’t want his motel to be a crime scene.”

Faith exchanged a look with B. “Did he say what it might be, the killer?”

“Not at all. He refused to be drawn on it.”

“So what are we doing?” Buffy asked, wrinkling her nose a little at the crumbling exterior of the motel. “Please tell me we’re going elsewhere.”

“I’ve had to put down a sizable deposit so we can stay here.”

“Nice.” Faith grinned. “Quite the little entrepreneur, isn’t he? Well, let’s go settle in.” She grabbed her bag and hoisted it onto her shoulder, playfully slapping Buffy’s ass. “C’mon roomie!”

Buffy reluctantly followed.

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 12:44 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

good...continue?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 09:21 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SalemKent
Restricted

Account Restricted

hand across her stomach and into Faith’s pocket.

“Cigarette, Faith. What did you think I meant?” She purred in sugary tones.

“Cigarette, naturally.” Faith grinned, and moved even closer. “But while your hand is down there…”

“Buffy, Faith?” Wes walked towards the car with a nervous look on his face.

The Slayers jumped apart, both somewhere between relieved and highly irritable.

“We have a slight problem.” He continued, then noticing the cigarette in Faith’s hand he glared. “You are not supposed to smoke.”

“Yeah, that’ll work, now say pretty please.” Faith sneered, taking a pointed drag on her cigarette.

“So, what’s the problem?” Buffy interrupted. “Aside from Faith’s disgusting little addiction.” She realised she was still holding Faith’s cigarettes and quickly jammed them in her pocket.

“Well, the manager is very reluctant to rent rooms to two teenagers. In fact, this is the only place in Springwood that would even consider it.”

“Balls, the Council is just tighter than a dophin’s butt.” Faith commented in a low tone to Buffy.

“And…?” Buffy prodded, trying to fight the smile from Faith’s quirky analogy.

“He’s only willing to rent out one room to the both of you… and it’s not a very nice room.” Wes replied.

“What’s his problem? Does he think we’re gonna trash

Created by SlayerChick

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 10:40 PM