KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Live Music is the Best!

Live Music is the Best!
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Live Music is the Best!

I haven't been to a live concert in over 2 years. Live music is always so much better, as long as the band playing can actually perform live that it.

So I'm pretty excited that we managed to get tickets to the Capital Christmas Live this year. Right up front too. big grin

Probably not the sort of music some of you listen two but, as far as I'm concerned, the line ups pretty good.

The Corrs. (The band I really wanna see)
Wyclef Jean
S Club 7
Blue
Westlife (Well it will give me a chance to go to the loo!)

Also, it's going to be the first concert Ben has been to so that will be poretty cool too.big grin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 10:30 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

s club 7 are perfect pop, i'm a big fan of rachel, corrs are alright i hope blue disappear after what one of those tossers said about New York. what an arse.

westlife, say no more.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 11:00 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aquarius87
How many miles to babylon

I'm going to the Big day out In jan,Its at Surfers paradise in Queensland.Its going to as mad as it always is,this girl died in the mosh last year,hehesad Thats pretty sad.
But its fun.The bands are Alternative rock punk and Electronic.
I can't wait
I hope you have a good time RatCat,S club & are pretty cool,i like their new song.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 11:39 PM
Aquarius87 is currently offline Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Live music is better? Ummm, not always.....
For instance, I have been to 4 Smashing Pumpkins concerts, how they sound really depends on the venue, I seen them at an indoor arena and they sound was just too loud, then at an outdoor stadium, I could barely hear them, then at another indoor arena where the sound was excellent, and finally at a small club where they sounded the best. Also many of the special effects added to music on the CD is not available when they are playing live, so the songs sound different. That's about the same experience I've had at most concerts. It's more exciting going to a show, but the music doesn't sound better, in my opinion

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 12:06 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Maybe the Smashing Pumpkins just suck, Tex.big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 01:06 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You bastard!
It's not only them, it's all the bands!
Linkin Park really sounded bad when I saw the earlier this month(just for the record I hate linkin park, I took my girl firend who loves them:rolleyessmile
Limp Bizkit was horrible!
The Rolling Stones were a joke!!!

They sound much better on CD
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 03:55 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chile

Sound great, Ratcat smile

I also love to see bands live when I can.
I too would be highly interested to see The Corrs in person.

As for Smashing Pumpkins....... even while playing an occasional dodgy song or two, they can really rock. I think they achieve musical greatness at times. smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 04:03 AM
Chile is currently offline Click here to Send Chile a Private Message Find more posts by Chile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Why thank you Chilesmile
I can tell you have great musical tastescool

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 04:06 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Texas, I was just kidding, pal. I like the Pumpkins.

And yes, it is really fun to see a band you like.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 05:16 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Yeah some bands are better live.
ehh S Club 7 is that the kind of boy girl band with a tv show.
RC you listed some real wus bands here ,Westlife, Blue. It will be you and 4000 screaming pimple faced girls in the age of 11-15

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 08:05 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chile

*eyes those Bjork avatars*

She's so weird. She's so great. smile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 08:52 AM
Chile is currently offline Click here to Send Chile a Private Message Find more posts by Chile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

She is so ugly

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 09:37 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'd have to agree with Tex on this RC. I saw Megadeth once at MK Bowl and they sounded pants, but later on the same bill Metallica played and they totally rocked the house. I think venue can play a part but also is the people behind the scene's like the roadies who set the equipment up too. I once saw rage against the machine play at a hole of a club in B'ham called Edwards No.8 and they were brilliant.

Enjoy it anyway RC, I was hoping to see the Stereophonics tonight at the NIA but I've got other arrangments now. sad

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 10:14 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That's what I meant by;
quote:
as long as the band playing can actually perform live that it.

I love going to live gihs, on of my biggest regrets was that I never go to see Queen perform live.sad

I know the Corrs can hack it abd they're the main reason I'm going. Ben will enjoy whatever.

Yes, Finti, it is THAT S-Club 7, forget the TV show, did you know they have 2 of the biggest selling singles of the last 12 months in the UK, and not because of the 11-15 girlie set either.

Personally I like a lot of there stuf, which is fine for me as my musical tastes are pretty diverse anyway.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 11:59 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I love SC7, they're so cheesy that they're cool. And Tina is hot hot hot. big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 01:21 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Like I said, forget the TV show. They're kind of a modern day Monkees, kinda...

Had this funny musical TV show, released some songs and became a sensation.

How many weeks was Don't Stop Movin' at number one?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 03:55 PM
finti

I kind of stay away from chart music, to sad to have music everybody elses haveeek!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 03:58 PM
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by Chile
*eyes those Bjork avatars*

She's so weird. She's so great. smile

Ohhh, Ohhhh, I can tell that we have a genius on the boards!!!
You are so correct Chile!!! Wow, you and I must be the only ones with any good musical tasted around here!!

She is weired! That's why I love her!
I was so upset when she limited her tour to huge cities like NYC and Tokyo, but she said that she is having an extensive tour this summer, so I sure hope she comes to Texas!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 04:52 PM
Padawan_Learner
The Learner who is Master

Weird is good, it's much better than the flock of people who follow the same boring trend. Like that quote I love "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same."

As for Concerts, I've never gone to one. I just never have the time... I do agree that some people do sound great live, but others, oh my they should just stay in the shadows lol.

The Smashing Pumpkins...sad that they broke up. They're greatest hits album is out now, I hope to get that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 05:36 PM
Padawan_Learner is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan_Learner a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan_Learner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

OMG Padawan! You are my new best friend! I got the greatest hits with Judas O last night!!!smokin'

Never been to a concert?sad
Sometimes it can be a real hassel, especially outdoor ones, people throw bottles and shoessad

Old Post Nov 21st, 2001 05:43 PM