KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Which country would you say produces the Best foreign Films

Which country would you say produces the Best foreign Films
Started by: SandyMartinez17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fanboy

Hard to answer this but I do know. China has the best martial arts japan has best horror.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 12:04 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

I MUST say Poland as I love most of our good old comedies. They're the best.

Also UK. Praise you, Monty Python!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 05:21 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
asoylentorange
Soylent

I agree that Germany produced many of the best (IMO) silent films. Today I might say Spain just because it produced Almodovar. It seems like a lot of good movies come out of China as well. I don't think you can really say that any one country makes the "best" "foreign" films

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:36 AM
asoylentorange is currently offline Click here to Send asoylentorange a Private Message Find more posts by asoylentorange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

Japan

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:38 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choicecutz

korean, and japanese films are by far the best in my opinion, they are visually stunning, and push the evelope farther than anyothers, korean movies such as, oldboy, tae guk gi (brotherhood of war) H, revenge is mine. Japanese films such as battle royale, shiri, even anime ninja scroll. i guess when i see a movie i need to be rattled. i like to see stuff that would disturb regular people. there movies are taking things to a whole new level. if i am going to spend 1,2,or 3 hours wacthing a movie, it has to be something that leaves a lasting impression on me. and these movies i listed above are just a few that do exactly that. I live in america, and the movies they release here are marginal, you watch them once maybe twice and thats it you forget about them. these movies from korean and japan go beyond any american movies, by taking you past the "boundaires" of peoples comfort zones.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 04:41 PM
choicecutz is currently offline Click here to Send choicecutz a Private Message Find more posts by choicecutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wild_7
Wild Seven Terrorist

China, Hong kong, Japan, Britain and America produce the best i think.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:44 PM
Wild_7 is currently offline Click here to Send Wild_7 a Private Message Find more posts by Wild_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Japan, China, and the U.K.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:57 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

From a historical standpoint, Germany did metropolis, Calgari, Nosferatu...
...they, along with D.W. Griffith in teh U.S., are what ushered in the era of movies as more than science.

Nowadays, France makes the best. Man Bites Dog, Amelie, etc.

Italy for horror films, though.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2005 06:37 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bollywood everythings a musical smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 29th, 2005 01:39 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord krondor

4 people. 4 people have said Germany makes the best movies, and 3 of those were referencing the "silent era" movies. 3 words, Werner Herzog.

That's two words, moron!

Very true. That is only two words.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2005 10:35 PM
lord krondor is currently offline Click here to Send lord krondor a Private Message Find more posts by lord krondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

That's a hard question to answer...
I think Germany's made some awesome films... but I'm really into French comedies.
But then again Argentina has some great movies too and so does Chile. And South Korea's made some great horror flicks too.
It's a hard question to answer but I guess... France.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 05:05 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stilian24

The Italian Film industry must rank somewhere at the top as the most inventive and courageous film makers of the first half of the 20th century and a special mention of the fist post war films are a must I believe.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2006 01:47 PM
stilian24 is currently offline Click here to Send stilian24 a Private Message Find more posts by stilian24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkman87
Captain of Gondor Boromir

French and Japan are good at producing movies. When Hollywood could not find a script, they give their attention to the Far East.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 06:19 AM
Darkman87 is currently offline Click here to Send Darkman87 a Private Message Find more posts by Darkman87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: Which country would you say produces the Best foreign Films

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SandyMartinez17
So which country would you say produces the best foreign flicks? France, Italy or Brazil. And which are asome of your favorites. I love brazilian movies personally i.e. city of god and central station. Also does Israel release any good movies?

Hong Kong and any Spanish speaking country.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 03:49 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowsonthemarch

Japan

Old Post May 5th, 2006 01:10 AM
Cowsonthemarch is currently offline Click here to Send Cowsonthemarch a Private Message Find more posts by Cowsonthemarch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

China

Old Post May 28th, 2006 06:07 PM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sasahxiong

i would have to say Japan for their horror films... and Taiwan for their dramas.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:15 AM
sasahxiong is currently offline Click here to Send sasahxiong a Private Message Find more posts by sasahxiong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dogigi

Sweeden

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 05:46 AM
Dogigi is currently offline Click here to Send Dogigi a Private Message Find more posts by Dogigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote