KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread

TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread
Started by: Lana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread

The story for this game is based off of the story for Final Fantasy X, except that it is set a little less than 1000 years before the story in the game.

The city of Zanarkand has just been destroyed in the war against Bevelle, and thousands of summoners are dead. As a result, a monster known as Sin was born, and wreaked havoc all over Spira. People all over Spira are dying from this creature's attacks. In the chaos following the destruction of the largest city on Spira, machina have been outlawed, and the Al Bhed people, who used machina extensively, have exiled themselves to a desert island to try and escape persecution.

The only way to defeat Sin is by summoning the Final Aeon, and the only ones that can do this are the summoners. All over Spira summoners are rising to the challenge, knowing that ultimately they will die, and Sin will only remain dead for a few years before being reborn. But the knowledge that they could allow Spira a few years' peace is more than enough reason for them to make this selfless sacrifice.

But the road to Zanarkand is not safe. They must visit all the temples in Spira to get all the Aeons. But there are fiends on the roads, and many summoners have died during their pilgrimage. But no summoner is without guardians - friends who travel with the summoner, and fight to protect their summoner. Any guardian is someone who would give up their lives to help their summoner - indeed, when they reach Zanarkand, one of the guardians must sacrifice themselves to become the Fayth for the Final Summoning.

Because of their willingness to give up their lives to try and protect the rest of the people of Spira, summoners and their guardians are looked upon as Spira's lone ray of hope. There are very few Spirans that wouldn't do anything to help out a summoner and his or her guardians that are on a pilgrimage.

Would you like to go on a pilgrimage of your own? There are a few steps you must go through first to make your character. They are:

1. Pick a name
2. Pick a class
3. Adjust your stats to your liking.

Instructions on the steps are in the following posts.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:12 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

1. Pick a Name

This can be the easiest or the hardest part. I'm not going to be too picky on names, I just please ask that you don't name your character after any existing Final Fantasy characters. If I didn't specify this I know that I'd have an overabundance of Yunas and Tidus's and Clouds.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

2. Pick a Class

This is, more or less, the most complicated part of the game. Your character must be one of the following classes. As follows is the 10 classes you can choose from, their base stats, a description of that class, and any additional notes.

Summoner

HP: 500 MP:40
Magic and Magic Defense depend on whether you choose to be a white mage or black mage.
Strength: 7 Defense:10
Agility: 15 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 11 Luck: 13

The summoner is the backbone of the group; you can’t go on a pilgrimage without the summoner ^_^ Their purpose is to journey to each of the temples in Spira to get Aeons. The summoner is who must defeat Sin when you reach Zanarkand.

Note: Because summoners on their own don’t really do anything but summon, if you want to be a summoner you must also choose whether you want to be a White Mage or a Black Mage. Unfortunately, whoever is a summoner will die when you fight Sin…but you are free to always make a new character and join back in.

White Mage

HP 470 MP: 45
Magic: 35 Magic Defense: 25
Strength: 5 Defense: 8
Agility: 18 Evasion: 23
Accuracy: 10 Luck: 14

The White Mage is essential to keeping the group alive. Their healing and reviving powers, not to mention the fact that they can heal status abnormalities and protect the group from elemental attacks is greatly beneficial. At a high level they can learn Holy, one of the most devastating magical attacks.

Black Mage

HP 510 MP: 45
Magic: 30 Magic Defense: 30
Strength: 5 Defense: 10
Agility: 17 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 10 Luck: 13

The Black Mage is the one with the damaging magic. They come in handy when you’re against opponents that are weak against a certain element, or fiends that are strong against physical attacks. One of the skill they learn at a higher level is Doublecast, which allows them to cast two black magic spells in two turns. Couple this with a spell like Ultima and you have a deadly force to reckon with.

Warrior

HP 600 MP: 10
Magic: 5 Magic Defense: 10
Strength: 20 Defense: 21
Agility: 19 Evasion: 20
Accuracy: 19 Luck: 13

The Warrior is first and foremost a fighter. Using weapons like swords, they can attack and defeat most fiends without much problem. They also know some useful White Magic like Haste and Slow, which can come in handy in a tight situation, and they can also allow you to flee a battle.

Thief

HP 550 MP: 20
Magic: 10 Magic Defense: 15
Strength: 16 Defense: 18
Agility: 20 Evasion: 24
Accuracy: 15 Luck: 17

The Thief is a very important part of the group; they can steal any number of items from the enemy. They can also use items that they steal to attack fiends. At a higher level they learn a skill, Mug, which allows them to attack and steal an item at the same time. They also learn Copycat, which allows them to copy the last action made by a party member.

Blue Mage

HP: 520 MP: 30
Magic: 25 Magic Defense: 25
Strength: 15 Defense: 17
Agility: 17 Evasion: 23
Accuracy: 13 Luck: 15

The Blue Mage is an interesting class, and can be a fun one. With their skill Absorb, they can not only leech HP and MP from an enemy, healing themselves but at the same time damaging the fiend, but also learn any special techniques that the fiend knows, which they can then use to attack.

Note: In here, Blue Mage is closer to Kimahri from FFX, as opposed to Quistis from FFVIII or Quina from FFIX (who are true Blue Mages).

Alchemist

HP 540 MP: 25
Strength: 15 Defense: 19
Agility: 16 Evasion: 22
Accuracy: 22 Luck: 13

Alchemist is a hard class to master, but can definitely pay off in the long run. The Alchemist mixes together different items to make new items that can be used to damage enemies or to heal the party. The key to having a good Alchemist is to have a good Thief in the party; without a Thief that steals often, the Alchemist is practically useless.

Samurai

HP 570 MP: 20
Magic: 20 Magic Defense: 20
Strength: 17 Defense: 18
Agility: 19 Evasion: 18
Accuracy: 23 Luck: 13

The Samurai is another class that specializes in sword fighting. The Samurai doesn’t have as high a strength as Warrior, but they do have a certain ability that can be very useful: For every 50 HP of damage the Samurai takes, their Strength increases by two. They also can learn some basic healing spells.

Berserker

HP 600 MP: 5
Magic: 5 Magic Defense: 10
Strength: 24 Defense: 22
Agility: 14 Evasion: 16
Accuracy: 20 Luck: 12

Berserker is a class that relies purely on brute strength. They have the highest strength of all the classes, and their main purpose is to pummel the opposition. They also have a high defense, which allows them to take quite a beating.

Archer

HP 540 MP: 20
Magic: 17 Magic Defense: 18
Strength: 17 Defense: 20
Agility: 15 Evasion: 15
Accuracy: 28 Luck: 13

The Archer doesn’t necessarily fight with a bow and arrow. They are the only class that can accurately and consistently hit flying fiends without using magic. They use any type of long-range weapons; i.e. bow and arrow, sling, spear…etc. They also learn useful little skills that cause status effects like darkness, silence, or sleep on the enemy.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:16 AM
Peach
mordrem

3. Adjust your Stats to your liking

To keep every White Mage, Black Mage, etc. of being clones, you are allowed to adjust your stats. Each character gets 5 points to adjust stats to your liking. Each point can add 10 HP, 5 MP, or 1 point to magic, magic defense, strength, defense, agility, evasion, accuracy, or luck. I ask that you please don't upgrade one stat more than twice. And be sensible with how you go about it; don't waste your points adding to your strength if you're a White Mage or something like that.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:19 AM
Tela

1)Antti
2)Blue Mage
3)Just the way they are in the insstruction post.

Made by the extremely awesome Starlock

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:20 AM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Some Other Rules

For one, there can obviously be only a certain number of summoners, and only one summoner per group. This is just sheer logic. Also, don't have an insane number of guardians. In FFX, Dona had only 1 guardian, Isaaru had 2, Braska had 2, and Yuna had 6. I'd say 6 would be the very highest number of guardians, and somewhere around 4 would be best.

I will introduce the different abilities that the classes have a little later.

And now with that, you are welcome to start creating your characters! If you'd like to add any sort of physical descriptions, that's just fine with me ^_^

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:23 AM
Peach
mordrem

Example

Here's a sample character.

Meia, Summoner (White Mage)

HP: 510 MP:45
Magic: 36 Magic Defense: 27
Strength: 7 Defense:10

Meia is new to being a summoner, and is just starting out on her pilgrimage. She is also a White Mage, specializing in healing. She is young, being only 16 years old. Her weapon is a staff, which is as long as she is tall and decorated with an intricate carving at the end.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:26 AM
Tela

Okay...Edit mine.

Tela, Blue Mage

HP: 520 MP: 30
Strength: 15 Defense: 17
Agility: 17 Evasion: 23
Accuracy: 13 Luck: 15

Tela is 24 and is good at summoning, but not really good or bad...in between. She's really self-conscience about herself. Tela doesn't cary a staff because it would slow her down although she has no intention of running. She tries to help out as much as possible.

Made by the extremely awesome Starlock

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:33 AM
Tela is currently offline Click here to Send Tela a Private Message Find more posts by Tela Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
momoko
the feeling is criminal

Kiree, Summoner (White Mage)

HP: 500 MP:45
Magic: 36 Magic Defense: 26
Strength: 7 Defense:12

Kiree is a tall, pale 16 year old girl with short brownish red hair and sparkling green eyes. Her mother was a summoner who died along her pilgrimage when Kiree was about ten years old, so she promised herself to defeat Sin for her mother. She carries a summoner's staff that is just above he own height. She is fun to be around, with her being very cheerful, rooting everyone on, as well as herself. She can be very protective over things or people.

made by lana

Last edited by momoko on Dec 19th, 2003 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 02:40 AM
momoko is currently offline Click here to Send momoko a Private Message Find more posts by momoko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, Tela...your character is just fine, except for the fact that as she's a Blue Mage, she wouldn't really be a summoner...unless she started out as a summoner but didn't finish her pilgrimage.

Pyrefly, Kiree's okay.

I will starting posting more info, such as different abilities and magic that the classes have, on Saturday or Sunday most likely.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 03:33 AM
momoko
the feeling is criminal

Okay!! I'm going to try and find more people to join, ok?

made by lana

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 06:20 PM
momoko is currently offline Click here to Send momoko a Private Message Find more posts by momoko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay smile You only need about 2 or 3 more people and then I can start you out on your journey.

I've got all the class abilities typed up, and I'll be posting them next.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:10 PM
Peach
mordrem

Abilities/Magic

These are the different abilities/magic that each class can learn. At the end of the description and what MP, if any, that it costs to use that ability/spell, it says what level your character will learn that ability. If there's no level listed, then it's an ability that your character automatically knows when you start out. Black Mages and White Mages learn a lot more abilities than the other classes, this is because they have so much different magic that they can learn. There will be ways to learn skills that another character has, but I'll go into that later.

Summoner

Summon – Allows you to summon an Aeon to fight.

White Mage

Cure – heal a small amount of damage. Uses 4 MP.
Esuna – Cure status abnormalities like Darkness, Sleep, Silence, Confusion. Uses 4 MP.
Pray – Heal a tiny amount of damage.
NulBlaze, NulFrost, NulTide, NulShock – Protects the party from one elemental attack. Uses 2 MP. (lvl 4)
Life – Revive a character with a small amount of HP. Uses 16 MP. (Lvl 6)
Cura – Heal a large amount of damage. Uses 10 MP (Lvl. 7)
Reflect – Reflect any magic cast onto the enemy. Uses 14 MP. (Lvl. 8)
Dispel – Negate any effects (reflect, shell, etc.) on the target. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 8)
Shell – Increases Magic Defense. Uses 10 MP. (Lvl 10)
Protect – Increases Defense. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 10).
Curaga – Heal a great amount of damage. Uses 20 MP. (Lvl 13)
Regen – Heals a medium amount of damage each turn. Uses 40 MP. (Lvl 14)
Full-life – Revives character with full HP. Uses 60 MP. (Lvl 16)
Auto-life – Automatically revives character if KO’ed with small amount of HP. Uses 95 MP. (Lvl 20)
Holy – Deals a great amount of damage. Uses 85 MP. (Lvl. 23)

Black Mage

Fire, Thunder, Water, Blizzard – deals a small amount of elemental damage. Uses 4 MP.
Focus – Increase Magic and Magic Defense. (Lvl 3)
Firaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Blizzaga – Deal a large amount of elemental damage. Uses 8 MP. (Lvl 7)
Bio – Inflicts Poison on the target. Uses 10 MP. (Lvl 8)
Demi – Reduce target’s HP by ¼. Uses 30 MP. (Lvl 10)
Death – Can instantly KO the target. Uses 20 MP. (Lvl 12)
Firaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Blizzaga – Deal a great amount of elemental damage. Uses 16 MP. (Lvl 15)
Doublecast – Allows you to cast 2 black magic spell in one turn. Uses no MP. (Lvl 17)
Flare – Deals a great amount of non-elemental damage on 1 enemy. Uses 54 MP. (Lvl 20)
Ultima – Deals a great amount of non-elemental damage on all enemies. Uses 90 MP. (Lvl 24)

Warrior

Haste – Increases the speed of one character, allowing them to act more often. Uses 4 MP.
Flee – Allows the party to escape from a fight. Doesn’t work in boss battles.
Slow – Decreases the speed of one enemy, causing them to act less often. Uses 8 MP. (Lvl 5)
Reflex – Increases Evasion. (Lvl 6)
Slowga – Decreases the speed of all enemies. Uses 20 MP. (Lvl 9)
Hastega – Increases the speed of all characters in the party. Uses 30 MP. (Lvl 11)

Thief

Steal – Allows you to steal items from enemies.
Use – Allows you to use items stolen from enemies.
Mug – Allows you to attack and steal at the same time. Uses 10 MP. (Lvl 9)
Luck – Increases the luck of one character. (Lvl 11)
Copycat – Allows you to copy the last action of a party member. Uses 28 MP. (Lvl 15)

Blue Mage

Jinx – Lowers the luck of an enemy.
Absorb – Allows you to absorb HP and MP from an enemy, as well as learn any special abilities they might know.
Copycat – Allows you to copy the last action of a party member. Uses 28 MP. (Lvl 12)

Alchemist

Use – Allows you to use items stolen from enemies.
Mix – Allows you to mix together two items and use them to attack the enemies or benefit the party.

Samurai

Guard – Intercept an attack made at another character.
Provoke – Draw attacks towards your character. Uses 4 MP.
Cure – Heal a small amount of damage. Uses 4 MP. (Lvl 4)
Power Break – Lower the strength of an enemy. Uses 8 MP. (Lvl 6)
Magic Break – Lower the magic of an enemy. Uses 8 MP. (Lvl 6)
Armor Break – Lower the defense of an enemy. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 9)
Mental Break – Lower the magic defense of an enemy. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 9)
Cura – Heal a large amount of damage. Uses 10 MP. (Lvl 12)
Zombie Attack – Inflict Zombie status on the target. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 14)
Curaga – Heal a great amount of damage. Uses 20 MP. (Lvl 16)

Berserker

Cheer – Raise the strength and defense of the party.
Threaten – Can immobilize the enemy in fear.

Archer

Aim – Increases Accuracy.
Osmose – Absorb MP from the target.
Dark Attack – Inflicts darkness on the target. Uses 5 MP. (Lvl 4)
Silence Attack – Inflicts silence on the target. Uses 5 MP. (Lvl 6)
Sleep Attack – Inflicts sleep on the target. Uses 5 MP. (Lvl 8)
Drain – Absorb HP from the target. Uses 12 MP. (Lvl 11)
Delay Attack – Greatly delays the target’s next turn. Uses 8 MP. (Lvl 14)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:12 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I' d like to join but I won' t have much time to post on a regular base the next few weeks messed

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:39 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's okay, we probably won't start actually playing until next week at the earliest anyway.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:52 PM
Fire

sounds like a well thought out game

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:17 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Heh...yeah, you could say that...I gave myself a headache while coming up with all the classes and their stats...and then deciding on their abilities...and all the items that will be used (which I have yet to post)...while trying to keep everything as true to FFX as possible.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:26 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm going to the Carribean for Xmas, but I'll be able to play after Jan 5th! smile

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:50 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

mors , samurai
HP 570 MP: 20
Magic: 20 Magic Defense: 20
Strength: 17 Defense: 19
Agility: 20 Evasion: 18
Accuracy: 23 Luck: 13

btw ... mors is a god of death big grin

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:20 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
momoko
the feeling is criminal

YAY! More people! *hands out candy* YAY!

made by lana

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 11:23 PM