KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread

TM'S FINAL FANTASY X GAME - background/character creation thread
Started by: Lana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StinkFist462
Your Mom

oh as in X=10 ... oh i thought it was a crossed out tidus laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 09:19 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

laughing

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 01:34 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

big grin

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:19 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

if theres another summoner
pm me..... i wanta join
ill leave my stats

Xeo

Thief

HP 560 MP: 20
Magic: 10 Magic Defense: 15
Strength: 17 Defense: 18
Agility: 21 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 16 Luck: 17

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 01:49 PM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Alright, we're still waiting for the next summoner, but I'll PM you when we have another one!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 04:49 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
momoko
the feeling is criminal

=^.^= *sits around waiting*

made by lana

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 07:58 PM
momoko is currently offline Click here to Send momoko a Private Message Find more posts by momoko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

the was was a crusade fing in FFX is it possible to make that part of this?
jus so guardians without sommoner hav somfing tempery to do?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 08:31 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Gaurdian for hire
FREE of charge
good at item retrieval
need cash in a hurry?
how bout a thief to get u some?
this 1's available
plz contact BakaXero

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 11:59 AM
Alexandria
Protected by witchcraft!

I'm going to follow BakaXero and make my character already, please let also me know if there is a new summoner.

Name: Astarte: female, 18 years old
Class: Archer
MP + 1 = 25
Strength + 3 = 20

smile

Last edited by Alexandria on Jan 3rd, 2004 at 01:02 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 12:55 PM
Alexandria is currently offline Click here to Send Alexandria a Private Message Find more posts by Alexandria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by BakaXero
the was was a crusade fing in FFX is it possible to make that part of this?
jus so guardians without sommoner hav somfing tempery to do?

Yes, I will have something similar to the Crusaders (though it won't be the Crusaders exactly, since this game takes place about 150 years before the Crusaders formed).

Okay, Alexandria, Astarte looks good, I'll PM you once we have another summoner!

GROUP 1 -- I'll be kicking things off later today, as well as explaining the combat system!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2004 08:25 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, here's the last big piece of information that you need to know, aka how combat will work! Don't worry if it all doesn't make sense to you, because I'll be the one figuring out most of it.

Okay, this is how the combat will work for my FFX game. Number one, it will be different than in the actual video game. The biggest difference will be in the order the characters attack. In the video game, this depends on your speed (the characters with the highest speed would go first). This is going to be changed. If I did it this way, half the characters in the party would never get into battle, and therefore would never level up. Instead, I’ll be doing it this way. Each character will be assigned a number. At the beginning of each battle, I will randomly pick the numbers (either by rolling a die or pulling them out of a hat), and that will be the order that you go in during battle.

For example:

The party consists of four members (1, 2, 3, 4), and is attacked by 2 monsters (5, 6). Randomly picking numbers, the order will go as follows.

Character 2
Monster 5
Character 4
Character 3
Monster 6
Character 1

The only exceptions to this would be if you are either A) Ambushed or B) Get Pre-emptive Strike. Ambushed means that the first round, all enemies get to attack first, and Pre-emptive Strike means that first round, all party members get to attack first. Normal order then will resume for the second round.

At the beginning of each round, I will post each characters HP and MP, and the enemy’s HP, as well as any elemental weaknesses/strengths it may have (All weapons come with the auto-ability Sensor, so you will always have this information unless the fiend is immune to Sensors).

Each character will have the following choices in battle: Attack, Defend, White Magic, Black Magic, Item, Ability, Escape. Here’s an example of how a battle may happen (using the order above):

Character 2: White Magic (Cure) on Character 4
Character 4: Attack Monster 5
Character 3: Ability (Steal) from Monster 6
Character 1: Defend

You MUST specify which enemy you’re attacking, who you’re casting a spell on, who you’re stealing from, who you’re using an item on…etc. The only thing you don’t need to specify is who you’re defending against – you will defend against any attacks until your next turn. If you choose Escape, then your character will run from the battle – all other characters will still be in the battle. If you use the Ability Flee, though, the entire party will escape from battle.

Doing damage to an enemy will depend on your strength and the enemy’s defense. The amount of damage will be figured as follows: Your strength +(random number X your level) – enemy’s defense+(random number X enemy’s level). Example:

Character 4 attacks Monster 5. Character 4 is level 7 with a strength of 40. Monster 5 is level 8 with a defense of 15. Random number for Character 4 is 5, random number for Monster 5 is 3. So the total damage will be (40+(7x5))-(15+(8x3))=36. Monster 5 will suffer 36 damage in HP.

The random number will always be between 1 and 6. Note most fiends will have relatively low strength and defense stats, usually between 5 and 15. Damage done with spells will be calculated the same way (except with comparing Magic and Magic Defense), as well as the amount of damage taken while defending.

Using Healing magic works the same way. The amount healed will be dependent on A) The level of the caster, B) The caster’s Magic attribute, and C) The level of the spell. Obviously, Curaga will heal a LOT more than Cure (though, it also uses a lot more MP). Here’s how it’ll work:

When using Cure: 2xCaster’s Magic+(random number X caster’s level)
When using Cura: 3xCaster’s Magic+(random number X caster’s level)
When using Curaga: 5xCaster’s Magic+(random number X caster’s level)

Example:

Character 2 casts Cure on Character 4. Character 2 is level 5 with Magic of 45. Random number is 4. So the total amount of HP restored is (2x45)+(4x5)=110.

The Ability Pray will work similarly; it will restore HP to each party member equal to the caster’s Magic added to the caster’s level. So if the character in the example above was to use Pray (level 5 with a Magic of 45), each character would get 50 HP restored.

Your Evasion stat is more or less just your percent chance of evading an attack. However, if your evasion is 25, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you will evade 1 of every 4 attacks made on you. It just means that you have a better chance of evading attacks than someone with an Evasion of 15.

Upon defeating the enemies, each character who participated in the battle will gain experience, and the group may get some Gil and Items that the enemies dropped. I still haven’t figured out exactly how much experience you need to level up, that I’m still working on. One thing is certain, though: as you get to higher levels, you will need more experience points to level up. Gil can be used in shops to buy items.

Each party will start out with the following:

500 Gil
10 Potions
5 Phoenix Downs

I’m not going to go through item descriptions—items will have the same uses as in the FFX video game. There will be some items that can only be used with the Ability Use.

Well, now we're ready to start! I'll be sending out PMs to the first group letting you know that I'm kicking it off, and I'm going to create the game thread now too big grin

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 12:25 AM
fungrl515

i know it's a bit late, but can i edit my character's stats a tiny bit? not much, but minus one point here, add one here kinda thing?

HP 510 MP: 45
Magic: 30 Magic Defense: 30
Strength: 7 Defense: 11
Agility: 17 Evasion: 25
Accuracy: 11 Luck: 14

not a huge difference, but can i do it? sorry for changing something at the last minute.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 02:41 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

-WANTED-
Aprentice Summoner
Job discription- save the world!
requirements- willing to make sarafices
no experience nessesary
training provided

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 09:49 AM
Alexandria
Protected by witchcraft!

Lol, what a system, wel found!! smile

You know I've a feeling to get evil on the first group, entering as an evil character untill the next summoner comes. Is that possible, just play bad for a while, like believing that sin is the best thing that ever happened to the world and wanting to prevent the summoners to succeeding?

I'm just wondering. ^^

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 10:23 AM
Alexandria is currently offline Click here to Send Alexandria a Private Message Find more posts by Alexandria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

LOL HAHAHAHA
hmm.....
interesting idea.....
give you somfing to do.........
BUT!
will Trinity aprove?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 10:48 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hmm...I like the little job ad, there, BakaXero.

Yeah, Yuri, it's okay for you to edit your character, but it's gotta be set before I start throwing you guys into fights (which will be soon!).

Hmm...PM me about that, Alexandria, and we'll discuss! I think it sounds like an interesting idea, myself big grin

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 10:51 PM
fungrl515

my stats are set then. sorry to be a hassle. thanks!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 11:50 PM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alexandria
Protected by witchcraft!

sure

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:24 PM
fungrl515

i will be gone all of today. sorry! drama club takes up most of my time.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:27 PM
Peach
mordrem

It's alright Yuri! I have school myself.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 11:40 PM