KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XBOX is the WORST system out.

Who likes Xbox?
This poll is closed.
I like it 31 43.66%
I don't like it 16 22.54%
I like its games 6 8.45%
I HATE EVERY ASPECT OF IT 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

XBOX is the WORST system out.
Started by: DracotheDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eat My Ass

the article was made 2 (well now 3) years ago when xbox first came out...the main argument that maddox makes in that whole rant is that the games for xbox suck...yeah 3 years ago they were horrible (and keep in mind this is even before xbox live)...this year (well 2003) had a string of good games and 2004 will have much more, i think xbox is finally breaking out of the zone of having bad games, and with xbox live availiblity now stretching through a wide variety of good games and with a biggero nline community for it forming xbox is becoming the perfect system to own...many games that once were only found on other consoles or on pc are now coming to xbox such as one of the biggest franchises which is gta, and now counter-strike is only for pc and xbox, driver3 when that comes out will also be for xbox

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:15 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ness
Dayz'd and confuze'd

i hate xbox it has to many bottons on the controllers and the games are to complex and dull

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:17 AM
Ness is currently offline Click here to Send Ness a Private Message Find more posts by Ness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

the ps1 and ps2 both have 16 buttons on their controllers(including start and select) and the xbox has 16 as well (including start and back)...so where that argument came from i never got.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:26 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Those fat XBox controllers are very uncomfortable! thumb down

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 06:11 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah I prefer the Controller S's, they're much better.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 06:52 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
Those fat XBox controllers are very uncomfortable! thumb down

well i have giant hands actually so the original xbox controllers are such a relief after using the tiny NES and playstation controllers for years...i can actually leave my hands in comfortable position on the original xbox controllers and not get blisters all the time like i did on ps controllers...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah It seems xbox may have some god games comming out, but that's all from hype that is being built by reviewers who go to the gamacones. Not actually playing the games but watching previews,and talking to the publishers of the games. Of course the publishers are going to give the games great reviews to the game reporters. Keep in mind these are the same reporters who have been saying for the past 2 years that xbox is about to rain out golden games of entertainment. Without playing these games we can't say what is what. I see xbox having a good first quarter year of 2004, but it will never over take the brilliant game designers,and mass fane base of sony. As a gamer i would like to see xbox give us somthing new and inovative, but it's just not going to happen.

As for xbox live. I could give a shit about that. I am a solo gamer. I like progressing in a game and having an expierence. Not fiddling around in death matches or races with other people. If i want to do that i'll play a multi player game with friend for FREE. I deffaintly dont like the idea of being able to download new stages to certain games. I mean it's not like the story is expanded its just more game play. I know as of now you can d/l most new patches onto your pslive or xbox live for free , but in the future youll be paying top dollar. I have about 3 hours a night if im lucky to spend on a game. I want to expierence fun, not redundant multi player gamming on the internet. everything i could do on the xbox i can do more of on my PS2, or the exact same thing, and more of on my PC. this is why xbox is still third best to me. Yeah and the controller is the leat comfortable when compared to the sony. PS2 controller is just designed for convienence

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jan 1st, 2004 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 09:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

well i can see your point rage but i can name about a handful of games that i already want for xbox(or which i hope will be coming to xbox) which are pgr2(buying that soon), ssx3, the new MX game, gtaIII/vice city, metal gear solid 2 (and 3 when it comes out), halo 2, driv3r, amped 1 and 2, need for speed underground, tony hawk underground, etc...

and i know most of these games are for ps2 as well and that's fine, but since most of the (what i consider good) titles are now for both systems it came down to performance, controllers, and the exclusive games that each system has...and for me the two special games that each system has are halo/halo2 for xbox, and Gran Turismo series(including the new 4) for ps/ps2. And even though gt series are my favorite games of all time, i'm just too excited for halo2, plus when halo2 comes out for computer it won't really matter cause my crappy computer won't be able to handle it (it could barely handly halo 1)

as for the multiplayer, well i guess it jst depends on preference but i love online play..i mean the only reason i still have halo on my computer(after i beat the game) is to play online, and i have quake3arena on my computer because it's purely made for online play...i'm much more of an online player than a solo one....just preference

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 06:56 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Laugh

quote:
Originally posted by Lag
I don't understand the "useless to anyone who has a PC" thing. I guess I don't understand it, because I have a PC and I don't think my X-box is useless. Please explain this.

Because anyone whith a half decent PC has better Graphics, Sound and general performance, can upgrade every couple of months when things gets two slow. Plus the games for a PC are better, thereīs more of them, they are cheaper and you can cheat and copy them easier.

I cant imagine why anyone with a PC would want to buy an XBOX, Halo is even out for the PC now.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:51 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

PC Has better graphics and sound, more selection, games are cheaper, you can hire em out copy them and you can cheat.

The XBOX is just an old PC in a BOX.

I canīt see why anyone with a decent machine needs an XBOX, Halo was maybe a reason but not anymore since its out for PC now.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:28 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well with a home console system instead of a PC you are not restricted to staying in front of your keyboard. You have the ability to starre into a 32 inch television screen over a 16 inch computer screen. sound systems also help. And not having to install games every time you want to try them out is another plus consoles have over a PC. Other than that i see how you would think it wouldnt even be concievble to choose an xbox over a pc. because the performance on a PC is deffaintly better, if you have the most updated computer programs.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i have been saying for a long time that Xbox and PS2 are no different. The only thing are the very, and i mean VERY few exclusive games each console holds. I personally dont like Xbox, because i remember all the promises that were being made by microsoft before release, and all the power it was supposedly going to have However it turned out to be nothing more than a less attractive PS2. I also liked the exclusive games for PS2, but it seems that those exclusive games are being shared with the box, The same goes for many of the exclusive games comming out for xbox. Within a few months there going to be shared on sony. if you like Inter play then xbox live is a plus. Other than that there the same thing. Sony holds exclusive gamming developers i love though which is why i will always side with sony. unless the box actually takes advantage of the power it holds

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:36 AM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

regarding the controllers....xbox doesn't even sell those fat ones with their systems anymore. They sell the S just like everyone else said and i think that controller is more comfortable than a PS2 controller because of L2 and R2. I also think that PS2's dual analog sticks are in a terrible position and it makes it more difficult to do complex moves.

And traceduo that Link you have is on an editorial from like before Xbox was actually released. Those are just 5 stupid games that xbox has...and i'm sure i can find 5 stupidier games on PS2.

And anyone that has a mod-ed Xbox damn well knows that there is no power greater than X. I got like 30 arcade games and like 400 snes games on my xbox and it cost me a hefty $30. Graphically they are inferior games...but sometimes you just can't duplicate the greatness that is Mario Kart battlemode.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:52 AM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well actually there is no power greater than PC. Microsoft seems to have great trouble at using there power. I mean since the box has been out there has been nothing special in the gamming industry aside of halo, which is one of the most over rated games ever. Xbox follows in the footsteps of sega, trying to incorperate a home arcade. Most of there games are simple ones with no depth.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 06:59 AM
[D_A]Kherr

When will it end? So i was wrong, big deal, but I do know that the Xbox is in either second or last for speedy processors, I know Cube's is the higest and fastest, and correct me if im worng, but I dont even think that Pentium 2 was under 766 Mhz, I belive that Pentium 2 had at least 1 Ghz, max 1.2 Ghz. Pentium 3 was DEFINATELY not 766 Mhz, my Pentium 1 in my 94 pc has that spec. And the Xbox is the slowest system, PS2 is in the middle, and the Cube is in first because it, whether youve played it or not, loads an entire game in less that 10 seconds. Now how could it do that if its processor is in last? Its loading speed is equivalent to cartridge systems (64, SNES, NES), whereas Xbox and PS2 are very, very slow at loading. Please explain your reasonings to me linkalicious (without your snide comments, because im only trying to talk civil here) about the systems, where you got all the info from and why you are even sticking up for that piece of crap.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:39 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

What I would like to know is why did Game Cube opt for those small disks. They hold 1.5GB of data, yet a DVD holds 4.5. Or so I've read.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:48 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

I didnt know that the cubes disks held that little space. Hmmm.... at least you get the same game.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:50 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Well i get my information from 3 sources

www.nintedo.com
www.xbox.com
www.playstation.com

and those are all the home-sites for the 3 consoles in question. As for the Pentium II arguement, I have a 733 mhz at home (yea laugh its weak) and it IS a Pentium 3 and i know this because i've taken the machine apart more than once and i was fully aware of what i was buying when i got it (back in 1998.) PS2 is still a better system for games, but it's processor speed is the slowest of the 3 systems. when i play vice city at a friends house (PS2) it takes much longer to do the mid-map loading than it does on my xbox. Even starting the game up at the load screen takes far less time on xbox. So there, no snide comments just straight facts...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 06:14 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Okay, just wanted to know. I still stand by The gamecube because of the titles that it has.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 06:18 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

1. Monitors have a better Resolution than TīV sets, most new Graphic cards have TV Out.

2. You can buy a greater variety of Input devices gamepads, joysticks trackballs etc for a PC, not just stuck behind a keyboard.

3.You only have to install the game once on your hard drive and thats that, because of the faster transfer rate from the hard drive the game can run smoother.

In reply to..ragesremorse
""well with a home console system instead of a PC you are not restricted to staying in front of your keyboard. You have the ability to starre into a 32 inch television screen over a 16 inch computer screen. sound systems also help. And not having to install games every time you want to try them out is another plus consoles have over a ""

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 06:30 PM