KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » XBOX is the WORST system out.

Who likes Xbox?
This poll is closed.
I like it 31 43.66%
I don't like it 16 22.54%
I like its games 6 8.45%
I HATE EVERY ASPECT OF IT 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

XBOX is the WORST system out.
Started by: DracotheDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
sick as sh*t...i just sent mine out to get mod-ed. My xbox was from the 1st shipment of xboxes sent out and i think that the laser eye that reads the disk on those 1st Generation xboxes are faulty. My xbox won't read new games like Medal of Honor or Project Gotham 2. I got that replaced for like $30 bucks from a friend, but he's going to keep it for another day and mod it up for me. I would get the mod-ed Halo 2 but i've had mine on pre-order for about 8 months already.

Ah that sucks that your mod xbox didn't read the game cuz is 1st generation. I heard that the chameleon (Xodus chip) is the best one for first generations xbox.

Check out the guide:

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/do...nners_Guide.pdf big grin

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 10:00 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Because anyone whith a half decent PC has better Graphics, Sound and general performance, can upgrade every couple of months when things gets two slow. Plus the games for a PC are better, there´s more of them, they are cheaper and you can cheat and copy them easier.

I cant imagine why anyone with a PC would want to buy an XBOX, Halo is even out for the PC now.

Halo for pc is a hot pile of buggy trash that even bungie themselves didnt feel like dealing with so they threw it at gearbox. The game is so ill-compressed it staggers even the most powerful PCs. The networking is absolutely horrific, even on a cable modem... need I say more?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 11:20 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i bought the xbox just because it didn't really need a memory card... then i realized i just spent 300 dollars on a big pile of worthless memory space... the games are crappy, well the majority are... and the controller required an extra thumb... so, yeah, the xbox sucks... actually it sucks so bad that it sucks and blows at the same time...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 09:05 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's simply an unnecessary system, all the games for xbox are out for other systems.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 02:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

yes but a lot of those just play better on xbox

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 03:21 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They have slightly better graphics, that's about it. the controls are usually better for the PS2.

But still, that's not enough to make the xbox a worthy system, the fact that it has no exclusive games dampers it heavily. They will be getting one soon, Halo 2, but even that will eventually come to the PC

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 6th, 2004 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 07:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Yea, really, but when are rare gonna realize that they switched to a bad company? Does anyone realize that rare, makers of Starfox and Donkey Kong, went to Xbox? They shouldve stayed with nintendo, but they'll realize this soon enough and come crawling back to nintendo (or go to PS2).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 05:40 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

why are people comparting an Xbox and a PC?! how stupid is that? I mean a PC is a far better buy than a PS2 also...
How about we stop comparing apples and oranges here? the reason why you buy a PS2 or Xbox is because you want something different than a PC. That and the price of a good gaming PC is rediculous compared to a console system. And i can give a rats ass about a monitors resolution because i play my Xbox on my 65 inch big screen and that's just plain sexy!!! (yes i know big screens aren't made for video games, but its too fun to not enjoy) The only thing that makes PS2 so great is that they have a shit load of Japanese companies that crank out killer games, but almost all American owned companies create games for all 3 systems.

And whoever was talking about Xbox not USING the power that they have doesn't research anything and just opens their huge mouths. I know it was a crappy game but that Dragon Slayer game for Xbox is the ONLY game out right now that can be played in 1080 HDTV, all the others are in 480 or something like that and that's basically normal television. Xbox also produced Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell FARRR before PS2 and/or Gamecube because they had to knock out a bunch of the huge graphical enhancements. Ubi soft is so far the only company that uses xbox's better peripherials (Sp?) in order to produce a better product. Give Xbox 1 more year and i'm pretty sure there are going to be more than a handful of titles that are far better on xbox than any other system. Also, being able to download additional content on Xbox life is about the best feature in gaming, i like the extras i got for brute force and splinter cell.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 07:03 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

I have to say that all in all i like my xbox blah blah blah etc. but if i did it all over again i would get a ps2, especially since right now i am thinking of buying a used one cause i am DYING to play FFX2...man oh man i am mad that i do not have it.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 07:04 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

bah...FFX2, that game has to be crap...all you are is a bunch of girls. And those girls aren't even as hot as the girls from DOA. I say just stick with your box and don't lose sleep over a game with no male protagonists.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 07:29 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

I'm still gonna go with the Gamecube because it has the best content, plus, its the smallest of the systems! I mean, cmon, look at the Xbox for starters, its name says what it is: A BOX. It is a f u c k i n g huge ass system that takes up a s h i t l o a d of space. PS2 not far behind. Xbox also weighs a ton! You can use the Xbox as bullet - proof armor (which says that microsoft was looking at looks of the system, not appealing games when they released it), which is pretty messed up stuff. I mean, really, who buys a system for its special features and 2 or 3 games, not for its LINE of great games (gamecube and ps2). Why spend 179.99 on it (now, 299.99 for some people that got it when it came out) for 2 or 3 games and a boatload of features? I dont know about you people, but I get systems for their games, not for their features...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 08:38 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If it is not the software is the size, if it is not the color is the X on the console, if it is not the controls is something else.....yup the never ending story with Xbox comments.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 09:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i still don't see why people say 2 or 3 games when there are atleast 20 games on xbox that are well worth buying. So what if they are on other systems...they are still worth buying. And other than Zelda, smash bros., and metriod prime.....what makes gamecube so Elite?!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 10:08 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
Yea, really, but when are rare gonna realize that they switched to a bad company? Does anyone realize that rare, makers of Starfox and Donkey Kong, went to Xbox? They shouldve stayed with nintendo, but they'll realize this soon enough and come crawling back to nintendo (or go to PS2).

rofl.. nintendo was tired of thier lazy asses.. they didnt make a good game for 3 years. They took thier sweet time doing whatever they felt like, and it costed nintendo money just to keep them. So nintendo went like N'sync and said 'baby bye bye bye' and threw them out the door headfirst. Microsoft just got the extra cash to spend so they said 'pff.. you know we coo' y'all can come wit me'. Rare are lazy bastards, maybe if they work alot faster in the future nintendo will consider thier apology.

Xbox is great system, just like the others. Too many 'opinions' rather than facts to prove this is "the worst system out" - when its really all about the fact that you didnt have the 200 bucks to get one or you wouldve stick out tongue

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 02:19 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Halo for pc is a hot pile of buggy trash that even bungie themselves didnt feel like dealing with so they threw it at gearbox. The game is so ill-compressed it staggers even the most powerful PCs. The networking is absolutely horrific, even on a cable modem... need I say more?

The "buggy trash" comment only aplies to people who dont know what they are doing in my opinion, ive never had any problems with computers in 15 years playing with them apart from Windows ME which is one big virus anyway.

As for halo for PC ive not played it yet, but im suprised the game is less impressive seeing as the XBOX is just an older PC in a Box. Maybe you should turn of all the memory hogging junk in the background before you play:0)

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 11:25 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Considering I spent 2,000 on my PC when im only 16 is saying something Satsujin, I had the 200 to buy it, I just said if Im gonna get a System that has the features of a computer, then why not just get a PC? Most of the games that are out on the Xbox are on PC, so I'll just use up a fraction of my 120 GB hard drive for a game that's the same on the Xbox, Plus I can do all the things the Xbox can better, I have a Pentium 4 with HT tech at 3.2 Ghz, so I prefer my PC better. If Im gonna play a game with a controller, than I'll use my Gamecube or the controller for my PC (which has the exact same amount of buttons as the PS2 controller and has rumble).

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 05:13 PM
Linkalicious

This arguement is the dumbest thing i have ever heard from any stupid PS2 fanboy.

DO NOT COMPARE AN XBOX TO A PC!!!!

An xbox is a gaming console like a PS2, it doesn't have a word processor, it doesn't have a keyboard, it doesn't have a printer, you can't scan images, you can't hook up a digital camera to it. An xbox should only be compared to a PC for its hard-drive which is an ingenious idea. Unlike PS2 and Gamecube's amazing memory cards, which xbox has also.

And any person that puts up the arguement that most of the xbox games released are out on pc is a complete and utter moron. (sorry draco) Ubi soft games, EA games, and now Halo are the only ones that are on PC and Xbox, and guess what?!?! EA games and Ubi Soft games are on PS2 too!!!

Xbox is a console, not a PC, so stop trying to make that comparison because it just shows how truly ingorant you are...

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 05:57 PM
Linkalicious

Oh yeah and to comment on the ridiculously heavy weight of the xbox...Guess what, it's not a gameboy advanced! You're not supposed to carry the system with you when you play games. Actually I can tell you first hand why xboxes weight is a + over the other 2 systems.

When your stupid dog or *** footed friend walks in front of the screen and trips on the cord, my xbox rips the cord outta the system and the system stays still. But when i'm playing Gamecube or i'm at my friends house playing PS2 and someone trips on the cord, the system comes crashing down to the ground. Sometimes the PS2 gets knocked on it's side if it's standing upright...

So tell me what's more important...stopping your game to re-plugin your controller? or restarting your game because your PS2/Gamecube just fell off the table and froze? I'll take re-connecting my controller anyday.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 06:05 PM
[D_A]Kherr

Unfortunately, Linkalicious, the Xbox was designed to be a gaming PC for your television, that is why I'm comparing it to my 2,000 dollar PC. Like I said before, If I'm gonna buy a system where all the games are on the PC, then I'll go with the PC. Oh, and, whenever my friend or dog or whatever comes and trips on my cord to my Cube, MY Cube still hasn't fallen off my entertainment stand, not that I'm saying it won't, it just hasn't yet and none of my friends have had this problem yet either.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 08:40 PM
Linkalicious

please show me the article where you read that the gaming console formerly known as Xbox was designed to be a PC for your television. And i'd love to see a PC that has 4 controller ports for 4 different people to use simultaneously. Why hasn't xbox come out with a keyboard and mouse or any other tangible that you would want for a PC??? Because it was created for the sole purpose of playing video games on, just like PS2. Why doesn't Xbox live have a web browser? or an image viewer? or a media player? Because Microsoft wasn't trying to sell a damn PC they were trying to sell a game system to compete with Sony...

Old Post Jan 6th, 2004 10:18 PM