KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Started by: SlayerChick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

A new Jude Law movie is coming out in 2004 that looks kinda cool:

Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow
It's also starring Angelina Jolie and Gweneth Paltrow...

Its hard to describe it really, but here's the trailer:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/param...orldoftomorrow/

The Trailer's theme song is from "Stargate: SG1" if anyone's wondering big grin

Attachment: sky_captain_283x193.gif
This has been downloaded 215 time(s).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:50 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Ah the new Angelina Jolie movie. She is in it, its good. At least she'll be good!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 03:59 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

Yeah, I tend to like her better with a british accent, which she has in this one...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 04:10 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh. The trailer looks pretty cartoonish but...Angie is in it, I'll see it and enjoy it. Dispite Paltorw and Law (dont like them).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 05:53 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

laughing out loud i like Jude, but gweneth annoys me too sick

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 06:37 PM
caballera

sky captain

does anybody know anything about the plot of this movie? it's been on a lot of "most anticipated" lists and the trailer looks good...(budweiser.com/1) ....but i don't know what it's about.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 09:18 AM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greyboy

not sure about the plot, but the trailer does def look awesome...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 08:19 PM
greyboy is currently offline Click here to Send greyboy a Private Message Find more posts by greyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Plot summary:Set in New York City circa 1939, the film centers on a reporter who notices that the world's scientists are disappearing. Teamed with a skilled pilot and an adventurous colleague, it's up to her to thwart the plans of a mad scientist bent on world domination.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 08:29 PM
caballera

oooh! that sounds really cool! i wanna see!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 07:43 AM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Poptarts

good trailer

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 12:06 PM
Poptarts is currently offline Click here to Send Poptarts a Private Message Find more posts by Poptarts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

i thought so too, but it doesn't reveal much. gwyneth looks lovely in it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 12:14 PM
Hypernova

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 05:30 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The story is interesting, I like the fact that it's mostly CG (it tests the acting talents of the stars), but I don't like Jude Law or Gwenyth Paltrow, so I probably won't see it

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 05:36 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

I'm impartial to Jude Law, but I am not a Gwyneth Paltrow fan.

However, I am a fan of AJ and Scifi so I will probably go and see it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 05:44 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
The story is interesting, I like the fact that it's mostly CG (it tests the acting talents of the stars), but I don't like Jude Law or Gwenyth Paltrow, so I probably won't see it
Like me big grin but I love Angie so much I'll go see it.
It does look a bit to cartoonish but Angie is in it smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 04:13 PM
caballera

You guys didn't like Jude Law in The Talented Mr. Ripley? i thought he did a great. Actually, I think he's a great actor. You just have to watch the movies he's been in that are quality.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 05:45 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Just the fact that Angelina is in the movie is not reason enough to go see it. Yup! this same dilema happen to me before I went to see Tomb Raider..... Shame on me! For some reason Captain sky whatever reminds me of the Rocketeer.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 01:45 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

WD to me Angie being in it is reason enough smile

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:06 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I understand your reason is perfectly fine. Is just that her great talent would be more appreciated in a better movie. This film doesn't look very good. Of course that's only because of the trailers I've seen.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Indeed. I hope she makes another "Oscar" type movie. And yes the trailer looks crappy. It looks like a cartoon but stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:35 PM