KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Started by: SlayerChick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nach

i liked the first tomb raider... despite it's looks, im going to still see sky captain for angie

Old Post May 25th, 2004 09:14 PM
nach is currently offline Click here to Send nach a Private Message Find more posts by nach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Sky looks kinda of neat. Its different and the CGI looks kinda of cool. Reminds me of old 1940's comic books. Its interesting enough and does not look like a typical CGI movie.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 04:31 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by nach01
ppl are saying it's supposed to be good, but it doesnt look good in my opinion

After the initial shock, cos its quite different, its growing on me. I'm quite curious about it now!

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:13 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Ah the new Angelina Jolie movie. She is in it, its good. At least she'll be good!

I dont know when a movie has ever been good just because Angelina Jolie is in it stick out tongue .

The movie doesnt look like it will iterest me it looks to fake and cartoonish.I dont care much for Jude Law or Angelina Jolie I am looking forward to Gwyneth Paltrow tho she always seems to put some spark in a dull movie.

Box Office prediction-50 mil or more

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post May 27th, 2004 01:08 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nach

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
After the initial shock, cos its quite different, its growing on me. I'm quite curious about it now!

that's interesting.. your probably right, im sure after i see it ill love it big grin

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:52 AM
nach is currently offline Click here to Send nach a Private Message Find more posts by nach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy Day
I dont know when a movie has ever been good just because Angelina Jolie is in it stick out tongue .

Gia comes to mind.

This movie reminds me a little of Dark City... maybe that's just the Jude Law connection popping out. Either way, it has potential to be a nice sleeper film this summer.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:01 AM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

She has only been good in GI60S.I liked Life or Something Like it for the story.Tomb Raider 1&2 and Original Sin and every other crappy movie shes made has just ruined her already lame reputation.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 08:12 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I kinda like Gwineth embarrasment But I cant wait for this movie, it will be fantastic to see Angie in this kinda film. smile

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 27th, 2004 10:16 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Stormy Day> And yet you like Gwyneth sick

Old Post May 27th, 2004 02:28 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can actually stand to see Gwyneth on the screen and unlike Angelina shes made more than 2 good movies.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 09:08 PM
Kes
Philie

I have 2 reply for your post:
1. To bad her performances are always crap.

2. Name them? Cos I cant even think of 1 good movie she has been in.

But since this discussion is pointless because i wont stop liking Angie or start liking Gwyneth and you wont stop liking Gwyneth nor start liking Angie. And its not the topic lets just get back to the movie.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 10:09 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

tsk tsk

when mods figure out they cant argue anymore and realize there fav actor is lame they say "Lets get back ontopic"

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:01 AM
Kes
Philie

You know, I hate when ppl say that!
Trust me, I will never think Angie is lame or a bad actress. Much less worst the Gwyneth!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:27 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Honestly I like her, but she really needs to get into better movies. Or at least work along with a good actor. She also needs to be villain in some movies. Her being the heroine all the time is just get's too old.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

I can carry on the argument for a short while longer...

Angelina Jolie >> Gwyneth Paltrow

Whereas Angelina may have the dubious honor of being in the god-awful Tomb Raider series, she has at least proven herself of acting across several different genres. Gwyneth's characters all seem to take on that whiny, defenseless, vulnerable element... which a possible exception to A Perfect Murder. Until she demonstrates that she can break out of this stereotype, Jolie will always be a better actress IMO despite some of her acting selections.

One other item: Paltrow's only decent acting performance was in Seven, and I only give her that because the head-in-a-box performance was pretty fitting for a unproven actress like herself. Unfortunately for her, they didn't give her camera time for that scene... it was up to the audience to give her the benefit of the doubt. Oh well. Lost opportunity to break the stereotype...

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:21 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
You know, I hate when ppl say that!
Trust me, I will never think Angie is lame or a bad actress. Much less worst the Gwyneth!

How would I know im just a Newbie.

Thats ok if you dont think shes a bad actress its just that theres better actors out there to be your fav.

SCREWHEADmessedhe would have been good if she didnt make the Tomb Raider movies.I would have at least had some respect for her.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:14 PM
Kes
Philie

Then you dont understand how much work went into being Lara Croft. Trust me, that women worked her butt off to get into shape and she basically did all the stunts herself. Not to mention that she is the perfect Croft whether you like the movie or not.

And she's one of my favorite. I have several, some are mentioned on my profile others arent.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:23 PM
nach

Okay, yea angie has had some bombers, but she's still amazing... and i just cant stand Gwyneth or Jude Law

Old Post May 28th, 2004 09:45 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kes,I cant see Lara Croft as anyone else that I why I though I was gonna love it but I didnt.I dont care whether she broke every bone in her body to make a movie I still didnt like it.

There wasnt any good action scences in the movie nothing that I havent seen before and better.

Nach01 I cant stand Jude Law either.He was ok in A.I. in my opinion.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:22 AM
Kes
Philie

That's the problem with action movie, its all been done. But that base (or building) jump in TB2 you've never seen before. That was ace!
regardless, this is getting a bit tiresome!

Back to the movie.

Old Post May 30th, 2004 12:20 PM