KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Started by: SlayerChick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Holcomb

Anyone read that article with Jude Law talking about working with the blue screens? Sounds more challenging than I would think but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 01:09 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie sound enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Nothing to do with the mental jokes I can have about why Angelina Jolie is wearing an eye patch.....

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 03:22 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

This movie looked like crap in the theatrical trailers, meaning the picture looked all grey and stuff, but I saw the tv trailer and it looked really good.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 12:41 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Agreed, those tv spots are really cool.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 01:25 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

yeah I was a little disappointed with the theatrical trailor. I wasn't even going to see it, but the TV spots are what have got me wanting to see it. In the theater it looked to fake.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 02:36 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

So far, sky captain has a really high rating on rotten tomatoes. That's encouraging.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 03:16 PM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Holcomb
So far, sky captain has a really high rating on rotten tomatoes. That's encouraging.

It will either be horrible or awesome.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2004 11:29 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Does anyone know why do the people in this movie GLOW so much? Sheesh! The trailers, the posters, and the pics they all look like they glow.

Anyways, I will go see this movie. The only reason is because it's set in alternate timeline and it has a concept of fantasy. So, I'm interested and very likely to go see it. I won't make anymore judgements till I see this movie in theathers.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 12:19 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
It will either be horrible or awesome.

yeah I agree,there wont be no in between.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 04:49 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

Just got my tickets for tonight, this should be good. I need an angelina fix.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 05:44 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Does anyone know why do the people in this movie GLOW so much?

That form of illumination and use of filters was extremely common in 1930's Sci Fi serials, i.e. Flash Gordon, etc. It's just a homage to those films.

I'll see this one at the dollar theatre, after I move.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:24 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I would buy that if the movie was black and white like they used to be back in the 1930's. If Director thought that would give the movie an essence of that particular time.....well, he over did it. These people glow too much for a movie in color.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 11:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 12:13 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

it only made 155 mill on openenig week end

bitches bow down

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 08:55 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I went to see it on Saturday, and I have to say, for a PG movie (no offence to Napoleon Dynamite) it was pretty freaking awesome.
4/5 for me. Maybe I'll give a longer review later.

Hoping For A Sequel.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2004 10:07 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I've seen it twice! Sky Captain flat out kicks butt. Best adventure movie I've seen in a long time. The change of environments throughout the film is awesome. All the acting is top notch, and the special effects are perfect for it's genre. Go see it on the big screen where it will blow your mind, don't wait for the dvd or dollar theatre. Big Screen is a must!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 06:01 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I can't believe no one discusses this movie anymore. It f*cking rules!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 03:08 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote