KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » godfather in a nut shell

godfather in a nut shell
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

they're all just extremely simple and predictable. and i didnt say a racial slur. i said a racial joke, there is a difference

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 05:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Backfire349, you still have much to learn, my young padawan.

Any discrimintory remark, wether it be a joke, a comment, or an idea would be a racial slur (in my mind). I beleive that this world is a whole, and to categorize any group, of any kind, for any reason, is completly unnessesary.

Next, saying that "The Godfather"s are predictible is a joke. Simple? I think not, my friend. I don't think you are mature enough to comprehend the deepness of the films.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 05:40 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i dont consider racial jokes racial slurs, a racial slur would be calling a black man a ****** or something, im sure ill get alot of hate mail for saying that word even though i wasnt saying it a dirogatory way, just as a example. i think godfather is extremely over rated, i can name about 30 movies that are better in every possible way (acting, creativity, directing) you name it, im not saying people cant like the movie, or that its a badly made movie. i just find all those mob films to be the same and very generic, just not my cup of tea.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 06:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

I agree with backfire what we both said wasnt a slur or an attack, it was a joke and if people cant realize it was a joke, then so be it ,backfire and myself love joking around we make fun of each other and ourselves . if you guys would only realize that if you just laugh everyhing off and not give a damn what he ,she ,you, me say then their would be no racism , prejudice ,begits or hate crimes . we need not to fight violence with violence but violence with laughter is the key. so please do not be offened by what anyone says .even the two fat ****s like backfire and myself. just call us something back i insist.. P.S. TOMCATS WAS A BETTER MOVIE THEN GODFATHER i might have gone to far tomcats was a quite horrible movie.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 08:03 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i just laugh cuz i find everything funny, i find some things funny that arent funny. i even laugh at the fact that some people get offended by racist jokes, you dont hear me get mad when someone makes a fat joke about me, i have something called a sense of humor, and recognize jokes as nothing more then jokes. if people take them seriously then thats their own problem.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 08:45 AM
BackFire

tommaco, what happened to your great simpsons quote?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 08:47 AM
BackFire

machine i think you went to far, even i was offended by the comparison of tomcats to godfather. you should bow your head in shame.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 08:48 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

i agree backfire . you cant do anything but laugh for i know that anything beyond that will result in a major heart attack for you

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 09:48 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

oh my... i have gone to far i shall punish myself severely i will not have a any bacon substance for a day (we both know that wont last)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 09:50 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

When it comes to even vaguely dodgy areas on a public board, best play it safe, guys. That's not a condemnation but I still have certain responsbilities while modding here, so you;d best stay away from that sort of thing in future.

Please bear in mind that if I had thought that was an ACTUAL slur you were sayin there, it would get a much larger response than a message like this.

Meanwhile, I find it odd that you would say that acting is an area the Godfather lacks in, seeing how clearly superb the acting is. I can't quite understand you thinking it is like other mob movies, but oh well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 06:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Besides, I don't consider the Godfather's to be 'gangster movies'. I think they are movies about families.

They have made many bad mob movies (Billly Bathgate, Mobsters) and crappy ones like that. Goodfellas was excelent. That was a gangster movie. Godfather isn't.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 01:38 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

Ushgarak thank you for your understanding we all appreciate it ushgarak i will respect your advise thank you again ushgarak

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 06:28 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

stop saying Ushgarak mad mad wink

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 06:30 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

ok i will stop saying ushgarak , whats the matter with saying ushgarak though ? is it bad to say ushgarak ,ok ok no more saying ushgarak . for now !!!!!!!!!!!! evil smurk

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 06:48 AM
yerssot

To is just angry because Ushgarak knows a lot more then him wink
Right Ushgarak?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 10:58 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote